Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Well played Batley

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

even though i backed fev got to say congrats to batley, never saw that one coming at 18-0 in the 1st half. Fev come across now as such an arrogant big time charlies club, maybe they needed a reality check. Well done Batley

Posted Image

#2 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

Well done batley, I bet the ferret bangers wont av been happy after that
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#3 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:05 PM

now thery,re blaming the ref...

Posted Image

#4 Hunslet2012

Hunslet2012
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

Made my day anyone but fev the worst supporters in the league :tongue:  :tongue:  :tongue:  :tongue:  :tongue:

#5 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:59 PM

Fantastic batley.fev so far up themselves

#6 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 871 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:01 AM

Yep top marks to Batley.

Leaves me with a bit of a dilemma though - all being well, I'm off to the Grand Finals on Sunday and I really don't know who to support now! Think I'll have to say strictly neutral on this occasion ...

#7 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

looking forward to this on premier tomorrow, we could do with Oldham winning the other game, simply because if Oldham were still in champ 1 next year and Koulash does buy in they could blow everybody away including us !

Posted Image

#8 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:59 PM

I can't see how he can buy Oldham. The football club is fair enough but surely he can't have 2 rugby league clubs. With his money it's realistic that they could make super league and of course there is a chance they could meet Salford in the challenge cup. I think he will buy athletic and move them back into boundary park on a ground share

#9 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

i think the RL have already given him permission though i stand corrected on that, id agree having an owner of 2 clubs by the same person could create a multitude of problems, maybe hes wanting Oldham to play out of Salfords new stadium. That must be a fair old way from the centre of Oldham though judgeing by the M62 motorway , id bet 12-15 miles. By the way Bradfords new owner pulled out this week, where that leaves them i wouldnt like to know, what with Wakefield struggling financially and Cas in the mire it beggars belief where the game is heading.

Posted Image

#10 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

Did'nt the guy who was at London Broncos have to break all tie's with them so he could join Wigan ( i think ! )

#11 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

i think the RL have already given him permission though i stand corrected on that, id agree having an owner of 2 clubs by the same person could create a multitude of problems, maybe hes wanting Oldham to play out of Salfords new stadium. That must be a fair old way from the centre of Oldham though judgeing by the M62 motorway , id bet 12-15 miles. By the way Bradfords new owner pulled out this week, where that leaves them i wouldnt like to know, what with Wakefield struggling financially and Cas in the mire it beggars belief where the game is heading.

I think Bradford have new owners once again they run a furniture website so I'm told. As for Oldham there is a clear conflict of interest unless the rfl say they can't play in the same league and I can't see Oldham being happy with that as you say there is a lot of uncertainty regarding a few of the most traditional clubs in rugby league. Licensing has in my opinion failed big time on this country

#12 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:52 PM

The bottom line is full time players - or most of them are getting way way too much  contract money in SL, some of the average guys on 80k  and the half decent ones on 120k is clearly financial suicide on crowds of 6,7,8 k on teams like Hull KR, Hudds, Cas and Wakey. The game is heading for a financial abyss if it dosent sort the pay structures out imo.

Posted Image

#13 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

The bottom line is full time players - or most of them are getting way way too much contract money in SL, some of the average guys on 80k and the half decent ones on 120k is clearly financial suicide on crowds of 6,7,8 k on teams like Hull KR, Hudds, Cas and Wakey. The game is heading for a financial abyss if it dosent sort the pay structures out imo.

I completely agree some clubs must think they are on premier league football TV money speaking of which city have blown a massive opportunity today

#14 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

Did'nt the guy who was at London Broncos have to break all tie's with them so he could join Wigan ( i think ! )

that's what I thought however the rules could well have changed

#15 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:51 PM

that's what I thought however the rules could well have changed

I've just looked up Ian Lenagan on wikipedia , i know people say don't believe everything you read on it but here goes , it says he is still a shareholder of London Broncos and chairman and owner of Wigan Warriors and Oxford United FC..............so like you say the rules may have changed , but when you get Mr Kardashound saying he's going to break the salary cap , sport should be about winning a trophy not buying it at all costs..................

#16 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

I completely agree some clubs must think they are on premier league football TV money speaking of which city have blown a massive opportunity today

your bang right about city, its so typical of them, ive followed them since the Bell, Lee, Summerbee days. At least man ure are on a downward spiral but what a chance city missed today.

Posted Image

#17 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:36 AM

your bang right about city, its so typical of them, ive followed them since the Bell, Lee, Summerbee days. At least man ure are on a downward spiral but what a chance city missed today.

you will know full well city never do anything the easy way

Edited by sgt pepper, 29 September 2013 - 12:37 AM.

#18 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:41 AM

I've just looked up Ian Lenagan on wikipedia , i know people say don't believe everything you read on it but here goes , it says he is still a shareholder of London Broncos and chairman and owner of Wigan Warriors and Oxford United FC..............so like you say the rules may have changed , but when you get Mr Kardashound saying he's going to break the salary cap , sport should be about winning a trophy not buying it at all costs..................

I agree but winning is where the money is although I don't think koukash is here thinking he will make money at Salford

#19 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

I agree but winning is where the money is although I don't think koukash is here thinking he will make money at Salford

There's no money to be made in Rugby League unless you build a team on a shoestring budget and win , but the way this guy's going about it , it just looks like his play thing............

#20 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

Congratulations Sheffield eagles. Let's hope they get a home sorted for next season

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users