Credit to Pups

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

Fair play well done to the pups.Still stand by my statement the winner comes from this.

#2 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:17 PM

Going to be a huge crowd at Leigh sports village with batley and Sheffields big followings ha! Well done batley though

#3 muddyfunster

muddyfunster
  • Coach
  • 945 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

Hats off to em I say. Well done and hope they do it next week

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/

name.png

#4 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:01 PM

Going to be a huge crowd at Leigh sports village with batley and Sheffields big followings ha! Well done batley though

I expect us to travel in the same numbers that went to Blackpool in 2010, which was just under 2500 judging by official club ticket sales.

Edited by TheTerminator, 22 September 2013 - 07:01 PM.

Posted Image

#5 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

Truth is though I couldn't care less. If I was the only Batley supporter there with Bingo my dog, at least I would be happy that we were there!

#6 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 963 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

Hate to say it,but you have to take your hat off to the doggies,even a flat cap if i had one.how much do the winners get on Sunday out of interest ?

#7 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

£50,000 for winners

£30,000 for runners-up

#8 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 378 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

Well done the pups hope they do it next and that shut the creep mark Aston up

#9 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 963 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

£50,000 for winners
£30,000 for runners-up

Thanks for that,would had thought it would be a little bit more for the winners,bet Super duper winners will get a lot more then that.

#10 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

£50,000 for winners

£30,000 for runners-up

Does this mean the tour de River Calders off.Kev the Gerbil will be pleased.

#11 Morleydog

Morleydog
  • Coach
  • 397 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

Get you......with your packed stadium every week

#12 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

Get you......with your packed stadium every week

. Packed stadiums is something we don't get obviously , infact wev lowest average crowd weve had this season since we was bottom of national league 2 but did however average 1700 1800 the season we made the grandfinal in this league, and averaging 1300 when top of chanpionship 1, not an average of 700 in a season we made the grandfinal. Not a go at you as a club or your loyal 700 who turn up everyweek, just the pathetic public of batley ! I'd love both our clubs to thrive on 2000 plus crowds week in week out to be honest mate! Good luck Sunday!

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 24 September 2013 - 06:32 PM.

#13 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 963 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:51 PM

I think as a thank you to Batley season ticket holders,they should be a discount to them for the final,if they get the tickets from the Batley club.The rest of the glory hunters who go on Sunday should pay the full price.

Edited by andyram, 24 September 2013 - 06:52 PM.

#14 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:01 PM

Any team that gets to a Grand Final gets there on merit.

Its a testament to Batleys consistency over the past few years that several of their diehard fans thought they  had a poor season. 

Heres hoping for a Batley Win and a P45 for MA. (Although he could always get a job training mercenaries guerilla tactics)

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#15 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 411 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

. Packed stadiums is something we don't get obviously , infact wev lowest average crowd weve had this season since we was bottom of national league 2 but did however average 1700 1800 the season we made the grandfinal in this league, and averaging 1300 when top of chanpionship 1, not an average of 700 in a season we made the grandfinal. Not a go at you as a club or your loyal 700 who turn up everyweek, just the pathetic public of batley ! I'd love both our clubs to thrive on 2000 plus crowds week in week out to be honest mate! Good luck Sunday!

The situation when Dewsbury won the Championship and the game on Sunday is completely different. When Dewsbury won the Championship they where joint favourites with Leigh at the beginning of the season to win the league whilst this season Batley have been the 5th place favourites most of the season. 

Clubs like Leigh, Widnes, Keighley, Featherstone also had bigger away followings and games where not played on a Thursday night 

Dewsbury's crowds during the Championship season where poor for most of the season taking into account Dewsbury had the best team in the league that season. Dewsbury's crowds did pick up at the back end and the attendance average was helped by the Widnes game in the Semi Final when the majority of the crowd where from Widnes. At the Grand Final against Leigh Dewsbury where outnumbered at least 4-1 but lets be honest how many Dewsbury supporters looking back care about the size of the support at that time and the same will be on Sunday with Batley Supporters.

Batley and Dewsbury both have a problem attracting supporters and that will continue next season. Dewsbury will always have a bigger following than Batley because it is a bigger place. The big plus for the Town of Dewsbury out of this season is that the Batley and Sheffield sides on Sunday will contain at least eight players who have played for Dewsbury Amateur clubs .  

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#16 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

We need to somehow work together to get the locals interested on our clubs but I dont think the rfl help changing the formats every year and getting rid of promotion to super league as certainly not helped championship rugby league clubs!

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 24 September 2013 - 07:56 PM.

#17 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,321 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

Any team that gets to a Grand Final gets there on merit.

Its a testament to Batleys consistency over the past few years that several of their diehard fans thought they  had a poor season. 

Heres hoping for a Batley Win and a P45 for MA. (Although he could always get a job training mercenaries guerilla tactics)

Do you think the chief executive will sack him John?

:ph34r:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#18 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:45 AM

At the Grand Final against Leigh Dewsbury where outnumbered at least 4-1 

I was enjoying your post until you went all fantasist. Dewsbury took about 2-3 thousand, Leigh 4-5.

I wish the team luck but I won't be going this time. A lot of unnecessary goading (not banter) of Dewsbury by so called Batley die hards, means the gang of lads I was with that went to the NR cup final will not be bothering with a trip to this Grand Final. 

#19 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

Nearly 9000 the day we played Leigh at gigg lane, on that day it was just the nfp grandinal, not 3 finals in 1

#20 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:45 AM

If 8000 were Leigh and dews fans and it was 4 to 1 that would mean we'd have had 1600 at match and Leigh 6400... You are right akroman, we took around 3000. The stand where the match was filmed from was full of dews fans and across from it too they was a large section of rams fans and afew behind the goal posts where Barry eaton scored our first try!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users