Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Change the record ...

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

How many more swipes about "the crowd at the Final"?

I think we'll be well supported next week, but I'd rather have a Championship winning team than a team that could have taken 5,000 but aren't good enough to get there!

Next week's attendance means cock all to me - the final result will though.

#2 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:39 PM

Yup. Personally I couldn't care less. We will have plenty there, but really, the big thing is we will be there! Who cares what any other supporters say. They won't be there supporting their teams!

#3 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

We'll take around 2000 or just over next week, judging by the turn out at Blackpool in 2010. There were plenty there today actually. Not sure how the crowd figure was 2200. Must have been the best away following Fev have had all year, surely.

Posted Image

#4 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:11 PM

You will take as many has you take.Their will be more dogs on Bradford Road then Battersea this week.It would be the same for any team.It dont give a dam your there end of.

#5 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:17 PM

Don't worry about the crowd if your a fan get there and support your team Although it won't be a massive crowd I hope the the RFL take note of who has got there again and move the final to Headingley them more might turn up

#6 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:25 PM

We'll take around 2000 or just over next week, judging by the turn out at Blackpool in 2010. There were plenty there today actually. Not sure how the crowd figure was 2200. Must have been the best away following Fev have had all year, surely.

Your fans did your club proud and it was a great following; It however wasn't the biggest following by an away side that accolade must go to Fax in our 3686 league attendance and Leigh were well supported last week; However having said that I wish other teams would bring as many as you did today and the championship would prosper a little more; The official attendance was 2216 but as a regular Fev fan I can tell you that there was far more than that at the game today;

#7 hawk-eye

hawk-eye
  • 610 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

We will be there, supporting our teams.

If people want to sit at home waiting for the attendance to be revealed so be it.

I, and a number of other Eagles fans, went to Halifax for the bucket collection (2006 I think) but that has been forgotten!

Hope to see lots of rugby fans on Sunday, lets enjoy ourselves.

Posted Image

#8 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

Well done Batley from a Leyther, enjoy next week

#9 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:55 PM

Your fans did your club proud and it was a great following; It however wasn't the biggest following by an away side that accolade must go to Fax in our 3686 league attendance and Leigh were well supported last week; However having said that I wish other teams would bring as many as you did today and the championship would prosper a little more; The official attendance was 2216 but as a regular Fev fan I can tell you that there was far more than that at the game today;

bull tbh batley took around 700-800 fans the stand where the dugouts were full and then everywhere else was chocka i'd say around 3-800

#10 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:30 PM

bull tbh batley took around 700-800 fans the stand where the dugouts were full and then everywhere else was chocka i'd say around 3-800

I'm currently involved in an argument on the moronic Facebook Championship 'Banter' page, who is doggedly insisting that we only took 150 fans - maximum, to Featherstone today.

Posted Image

#11 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:48 PM

thats ###### that way more than 150 at least 151 :)

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#12 ernieone

ernieone
  • Coach
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:17 AM

Surely it is irrelevant how many was there, what mattered was which set of supporters inspired their team? the majority who were booking there tickets for the final at half time or the minority who cheered there team on to the CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL.

"Batley Bulldogs, Championship Club of the Year 2011"

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

#13 the shootist

the shootist
  • Players
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

best support thats been to po road this season in my opinion, both in numbers and vocally well done and that crowd was deffinatly not 2200 nearer 3500.

#14 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:03 AM

I'm currently involved in an argument on the moronic Facebook Championship 'Banter' page, who is doggedly insisting that we only took 150 fans - maximum, to Featherstone today.

150 of them were sat behind me then in dugout stand the whole game

#15 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 811 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:32 AM

dont do face ache, but ask em to look at garys pictures of bottom corner,see at least 25 batley fans on each  terrace step and theres about 12 steps,factor in those sat in seated stand and at other side,a few behind sticks too makes at least 300 to 400.i thought it looked at least 3.000 folks in the ground and top support from the fev fans for sure so i cant understand the beefing going on,  COME ON THE DOGS..

#16 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

Tried to get a taxi couldnt get one any where.All gone to Featherstone.That must have ment a following of 5000.Time for you lads to lighten up.Who cares how many you took or will take  next week enjoy the week.

#17 Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor
  • Coach
  • 7,717 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

Try these:

http://www.flickr.co...phy/9883120056/

http://www.flickr.co...phy/9883100145/

http://www.flickr.co...phy/9882931724/

Great support yesterday.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

#18 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

FAR MORE

#19 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,580 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:11 AM

How many more swipes about "the crowd at the Final"?

I think we'll be well supported next week, but I'd rather have a Championship winning team than a team that could have taken 5,000 but aren't good enough to get there!

Next week's attendance means cock all to me - the final result will though.

This has been my first opportunity to extend my congratulations to the dogs for a magnificent effort - so well done boys. Not a swipe - but I'd just like to say to those "dedicated dogs supporters" who managed to get to Blackpool a few years back, but who now appear to suffer from a form of altitude sickness that prevents them from going up the hill to the mount - dust off your replica shirts and wear them with pride on Sunday IN LEIGH, not the nearest town centre boozer. (Through gritted and jealous teeth here) GO AND SUPPORT THEM your team deserve it, the club officials deserve it and the genuine week in week out supporters deserve it - GIVE EM SOME HELP ! :rtfm:

Dog for a day this weekend methinks - come on lads WIN IT FOR THE WOOLLEN. :yahoo:

#20 bromleybulldog

bromleybulldog
  • Coach
  • 333 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:25 AM

Nice post GOR! Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users