Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

MoM v Featherstone

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:52 PM

Come on then, let's have your votes ...

#2 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

Black
SIGNATURE

#3 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

All 17 were MOM. Unfair to single any one of them as being tops. They were all magnificent.

But how about a special award to John Heaton? How he has got them to that level of fitness deserves a medal.

#4 nineoil

nineoil
  • Coach
  • 232 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

I think the Batley bloke in front of me was my MoM in the crowd - just before HT he said Rovers were a class above us ( for around the 15th time) and would score 40 without reply by the end !

I hope he predicts the same outcome next week !!

On the field who do you pick ? I thought Mullally had a big game but then again they all put their bodies on the line for the cause . Perhaps we should give the MoM to John Kear as it must have been some half time talk !!

#5 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

Perhaps we should give the MoM to John Kear as it must have been some half time talk !!

Haha. Funnily enough, that thought had crossed my mind too!

#6 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

Fitness outstanding, they looked knackered by the end. Potts was great, bit of a conundrum next week for Mr Kear with Campbell coming back. Mullally, Rowe, Smith (as always) Davies were great in the second half. Moore is really turning it on for us now. Greenwood safe for the majority of the afternoon.

So hard to choose!

#7 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

Thought your full back was good today but I would say Rowe was your mom he made good yards with his strong running

#8 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 961 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:21 PM

mullally for me,johnson were great and some super runs, but hes having to come in for the ball at acting half in the middle of the pitch were hes getting caught by the big lads, get him more ball out wide next week while he as the spaces to run into and we will make plenty a yards like he were doing a few weeks back,am quite sure sheffield will have there speedsters fit as lops as that pitch at lsv is lush.. :bb:

#9 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,032 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

Alex Rowe for me. An excellent signing for us, and an impressive career turnaround for him given the fact that Sheffield discarded him at the end of 2012 and Doncaster sent him back from a loan spell for being unfit.

Edited by TheTerminator, 22 September 2013 - 09:29 PM.

Posted Image

#10 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:46 PM

Gareth Moore has to be MOM, his tremendous place kicking today from acute angles and distance, his kick off variation and his deep kicking on the 6th gave you tremendous advantage. Someone earlier on said Black, apart from the dummy drop goal break near the end he was anonymous.

Rowe was good as well as Greenwood. Lydsay always plays well against us and without doubt had Danny Maun played he'd have ripped us apart to, he couldn't rip his shorts when he played for us. Pottsy got his usual try against us. Flannagan was knackered for most of the second half yet still came up with the goods.

The tackling was excellent by all your guys, well done, goid luck for next week.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 22 September 2013 - 09:47 PM.

#11 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,032 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:52 PM

Gareth Moore has to be MOM, his tremendous place kicking today from acute angles and distance, his kick off variation and his deep kicking on the 6th gave you tremendous advantage. Someone earlier on said Black, apart from the dummy drop goal break near the end he was anonymous.

Rowe was good as well as Greenwood. Lydsay always plays well against us and without doubt had Danny Maun played he'd have ripped us apart to, he couldn't rip his shorts when he played for us. Pottsy got his usual try against us. Flannagan was knackered for most of the second half yet still came up with the goods.

The tackling was excellent by all your guys, well done, goid luck for next week.

I was one of Gareth Moore's biggest critics during our poor spell a few months back, but I have to admit that he's been absolutely terrific for us since the Workington league game and has really stuck two fingers up at the naysayers. Massive well done to the fella, he's certainly shown that he has more than enough talent to back up his natural cockiness. Wonder where he's going next season, though? We've signed a replacement, and I can't see him being willing to be a second choice to Mr Dinner Suit at Fev? I have a sneaking suspicion he might end up at either Leigh or Doncaster.

Edited by TheTerminator, 22 September 2013 - 09:53 PM.

Posted Image

#12 BirstallDog

BirstallDog
  • Coach
  • 753 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:08 PM

JK for me Chairman

#13 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:33 PM

Moore for me his kicking game first half was just what we needed to push fev back when they dominated us. I also thought our two hookers were excellent today. I think JC will get the shirt above Potts, but who will replace Mullaly in the final?

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#14 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:51 PM

alex rowe for me made loads of yards and some top offloads couldn't have asked for more off him

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#15 phildog

phildog
  • 317 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:32 AM

Josh Johnson should be available, no? doesn't Fleming come into it, didn't he play in enough later games? If not,then bring Faal back in at centre and put Brev back in the pack. Rowe on his interchanges did exactly what was required and he carried the recovery in my opinion.

#16 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:19 AM

No one seems to have commented yet on our "band" :lol: I thought the drummer and bellringer etc gave a real lift to the dogs crowd and kept the noise going from the warm-up all the way to the end. Well done lads

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#17 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 543 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

I would pick Moore for his excellent goal kicking under pressure. 

#18 dipset11

dipset11
  • Players
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

I thought rowe had a top game keegan also played fantastic also mention to moore and johnson.cant believe their through il b there proud as punch

#19 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,619 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:11 PM

Come on then, let's have your votes ...

barlow!

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#20 Armley Dog

Armley Dog
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

Think Mullaly will be playing in final for Bulldogs, it is Fairbank that will be out. Depends I guess how JK wants to play it! Breatherton back to 2nd row, Faal in? He could put Hemmingway on bench and use him in the loose forward position.

Who knows, prob not even JK at this moment!!