Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

John Davies

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Morleydog

Morleydog
  • Coach
  • 394 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

Did anyone hear how John was regarding his injury?

He came and gave his boots to a stunned young lad in the crowd at the end.

I thought that was a bit ominous for next week. Surely he'll need them.

#2 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 907 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

Did anyone hear how John was regarding his injury?

He came and gave his boots to a stunned young lad in the crowd at the end.

I thought that was a bit ominous for next week. Surely he'll need them.

Spoke to him after the game upstairs and asked about his leg, his reply was , and I quote, ''Absolutely fine, I was actually trying to have a slight breather''.Great gesture to give his boots away to the youngster. Sure he will have another pair for next week.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

#3 flyfisherman

flyfisherman
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:40 PM

Spoke to him after the game upstairs and asked about his leg, his reply was , and I quote, ''Absolutely fine, I was actually trying to have a slight breather''.Great gesture to give his boots away to the youngster. Sure he will have another pair for next week.

Nice gesture and great momento for the young lad, well done . From where I sat amongst the very unhappy Fev fans it looked like had had to do some running repairs on the boots during the second half with the black tape. Great game of rugby . Well done to all the players on both sides. What more could rugby fans ask for. Hope young Fairbank is OK he certainly put some big shots on

Edited by flyfisherman, 22 September 2013 - 07:41 PM.

#4 Morleydog

Morleydog
  • Coach
  • 394 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

Phew!

Thanks for the replies.

#5 phildog

phildog
  • 292 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:19 AM

Fairbank dislocated shoulder, don't know how long these things take, would Josh Johnson be qualified, I think he's played enough games?

#6 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:28 AM

As someone who's suffered multiple shoulder dislocations and subsequent operations, I'd say its almost certain that he won't be able to play - especially as he was taken to hospital, which rules out the possibility of a semi-dislocation. I'd imagine he'll be out for a month at the very least. A real shame for the lad, as he's been excellent for us recently after a slow start. Definitely a chip of the old Fairbank 'hard-nut' block. They must feed them raw meat off a pitch-fork up at that farm.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users