Featherstone Supporters Today Thank You

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 BirstallDog

BirstallDog
  • Coach
  • 755 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:19 PM

Could I just say a big thank you to the Featherstone supporters who stayed and clapped the Batley players after the game.

#2 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:21 PM

Good luck next week..its a great day out..and you've earned it;

#3 Wormy

Wormy
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:08 AM

Batley's day Today - 2 close games prior to today so all the indications were that this would be no different and so it proved , we knew we would have to play well today for 80 minutes to win - not sure we did that... disruptions yes Bossy and Tim would've made a difference am sure

Can't make my mind up of the part Mr Leatherbarrow played in the game today until I watch the dvd but looking back his performance v Sheffield should have placed us on alert....not an excuse but not sure he had his best game today....

Onwards and upwards season 2013 had some good memories, some surprising ones and there was some unexpected turbulence at times It is now in the History of this great club and am sure we'll all be back next year to try and ultimately secure a spot at the top table of Rugby League ... Not a time for figure pointing and moaning ..a day to be gracious in defeat applaud the Batley Boys Yes Today Hurts but as we all know am sure none of us would change places and be a supporter of any other club.... Up The Rovers

#4 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:16 AM

Some very pleasant Featherstone fans. I hope that a few of you make the journey over next week to swell the crowd and give us a cheer. I know at least one big, ginger Capper who is doing so.

Posted Image

#5 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:45 AM

Thanks lads for the support, it means a lot, i for one will cheer you in super league when you take your place there soon.

#6 parko1370

parko1370
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:46 AM

Well done batley hope you go on and win it now .

#7 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:06 AM

Yes, thoroughly deserve your success and I really hope you are Champions this time next week. Well done Rovers on an outstanding season in view of the trauma and disruption the players had to endure, speaks volumes for the character and ability of the lads.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#8 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:16 AM

Great set of fans that were gracious in defeat and only positive comments  as i was walking back to the car unlike some grounds i've been to.

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#9 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:24 AM

Like i said in an earlier post , i wish it could have been the final , but if we were going to have to lose to anybody yesterday , Batley would have been my first choice by a mile

#10 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,400 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:02 AM

Like i said in an earlier post , i wish it could have been the final , but if we were going to have to lose to anybody yesterday , Batley would have been my first choice by a mile

unsurprisingly glyn, I think that goes for almost everyone I spoken to.
They must be doing something right at batley!
Or maybe its just cos most of em are simply 'reight folk'!

Edited by Robin Evans, 23 September 2013 - 09:03 AM.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#11 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:07 AM

unsurprisingly glyn, I think that goes for almost everyone I spoken to.
They must be doing something right at batley!
Or maybe its just cos most of em are simply 'reight folk'!

Think the latters always been true of Batley Robin ,always been great fans , a place i can always go wi art tekin mi tablets lol

#12 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:11 AM

Lovely day yesterday at big fellows, we are so proud of our little club for what we achieved yesterday but we are also proud to have friends at featherstone who always like to see us do well and who are always gracious, thank you featherstone and all the best next season..

#13 PonteBlue

PonteBlue
  • Coach
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

Aye, well done Batley. Good luck for next week.

Att - 2,216 ..............really!

#14 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,400 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:24 PM

Aye, well done Batley. Good luck for next week.

Att - 2,216 ..............really!

that's what it sez in t'paper! So that'll be reight! ! :lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#15 JCrabtree

JCrabtree
  • Coach
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

Batley deserve our support. We always have a great time at your ground, particularly the second half when we won the League. That day your fans applauded our lads, so given the display you put on returning the favour was the least we could do.

Good look in the Final. Unfortunately few will be there to see your triumph (at least Oldham should bring a few hundred......more than Sheffield.)

#16 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:04 PM

Batley deserve our support. We always have a great time at your ground, particularly the second half when we won the League. That day your fans applauded our lads, so given the display you put on returning the favour was the least we could do.

Good look in the Final. Unfortunately few will be there to see your triumph (at least Oldham should bring a few hundred......more than Sheffield.)

Walked it to Batley a few seasons ago. The reception we got was first class. I also have special feeling for the Buldogs. Have a good final and the best of luck to you all.

#17 ChrisRover

ChrisRover
  • Coach
  • 127 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

Well done Batley. Will be cheering you on in the final, you deserve to win it now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users