Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Move on

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 708 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:38 AM

We've all had our says on yesterday , both right and wrong , fact is were still in a great position on and off the field ,i hope some of our fans arnt fickle enough to let yesterdays result affect their support , what many would spend next sunday would go a long way towards a 2014 season ticket for THE most consistent side in the championship for the last 4 years

#2 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,820 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:53 AM

well said mate im well over it now

#3 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 708 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:05 AM

Hey up mate , yes its all water under bridge now , wel be back

#4 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:44 PM

I regard those as loosers comments. How many times have we stated "we will be back next year,we are the most consistent team in the league,etc" I for one, am not ashamed to state that our lack of success when it matters, is now starting to wear a bit thin. Throw flack and other things in my direction but for a team with our league record and playing staff, we are constantly falling down on the job IMO. It isnt a matter of being fickle, it is a matter of shock, severe disappointment and a repeat of last season, the season before that, the season before that and on it goes.

Lets concentrate on withholding a position in the top five, as do most of the winners and then a final thrust for the big trophy instead of crowing about being league leaders for the umpteenth time and coming away empty handed

#5 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,820 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

I regard those as loosers comments. How many times have we stated "we will be back next year,we are the most consistent team in the league,etc" I for one, am not ashamed to state that our lack of success when it matters, is now starting to wear a bit thin. Throw flack and other things in my direction but for a team with our league record and playing staff, we are constantly falling down on the job IMO. It isnt a matter of being fickle, it is a matter of shock, severe disappointment and a repeat of last season, the season before that, the season before that and on it goes.

Lets concentrate on withholding a position in the top five, as do most of the winners and then a final thrust for the big trophy instead of crowing about being league leaders for the umpteenth time and coming away empty handed

They are comments off people who understand there are much more important things in life than a game of rugby, not the comments of losers or even loosers. It was history to me the moment i walked in my front door. If you want to dwell on it, then get dwelling 

#6 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 708 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

Withholding a position in the top five gives us a better chance than finishing 1st ? , how do you approach a season wanting just to hold a top 5 spot , by choosing which games to win or loose ? .we have also won the grand final from first remember .

#7 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,020 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:31 PM

i think some people forget we have won a grand final, and  absolutely battered sheffield in the process

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#8 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 708 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

i think some people forget we have won a grand final, and absolutely battered sheffield in the process

I think a lot of peoples been a bit spoilt watching rovers last few year oldrover , cant believe the disgusting ignorance they seem to have to what we have acheived . Its no mickey mouse league as it is , without expecting everything , every season .

#9 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:10 PM

Withholding a position in the top five gives us a better chance than finishing 1st ? , how do you approach a season wanting just to hold a top 5 spot , by choosing which games to win or loose ? .we have also won the grand final from first remember .

I write it as I see it, dydo. Other teams have won it from the top five spots May be they do "pick and choose", but it certainly gets results.

#10 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 708 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:36 PM

I write it as I see it, dydo. Other teams have won it from the top five spots May be they do "pick and choose", but it certainly gets results.

Where exactly do you think we needed to finish in the league this season in order to win the grand final then ?

#11 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

Every team will go out to win every week and when that happens one will lose We need to remember we are no better than some other teams in this league and the quicker our fans realise the better It our job to continue supporting the club and hoping they improve year on year on and off the field This year has been a very unsettled one and I think on the field we have done well As the thread says move on it will be the new season before we know it and it all starts again

#12 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

Where exactly do you think we needed to finish in the league this season in order to win the grand final then ?

From five upwards.

#13 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 708 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:36 PM

From five upwards.

Nope youve baffled me , cant see for the life of me just what youre getting at ,we were from five upwards in first !

Edited by dydo, 25 September 2013 - 04:46 PM.

#14 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:08 PM

But Bob, I think Im right in saying that in recent seasons each of those clubs which picked and chose their games have won the Championship only once... Just like Fev. We've been to three consecutive grand finals also prior to this year

Edited by Terry Mullaney, 25 September 2013 - 10:14 PM.

Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#15 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:02 AM

Fev have had the best and biggest squad for the past few years now but that may be different next season. Powell was the best coach for that squad and it will be a very interesting next year how your new guy fits in
The four will be the four next year but I see a big gap between them and Batley even after this seasons heroics

#16 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,940 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:37 AM

Can't wait for the friendlies to start! :smile:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#17 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:12 AM

Will you be playing Cas again Robin? Hopefully without the snow....

#18 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:13 AM

Who is going to be bastions no.2 ?
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#19 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,751 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:14 AM

Happen all these easy wins in the league season don't prepare a team well for the tough games in the play-offs.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#20 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

Would like to see the old system back for the play offs, ie w1. 3v6 and 4v5, winners of these play each other in w2 with1v2 straight to final, then loser 1v2 v winner for second final spot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users