RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The GRAND FINAL -predictions

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:27 AM

Have a feeling this is our year, top it off by ending thr Sheffield hoodoo.

Dogs 24 Eagles 20 in another cracker.

Im still stunned and this hasnt all sunk in yet!
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#2 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:55 AM

Can u imagine it going to anther golden goal for the dogs lol.

#3 frank

frank
  • Coach
  • 745 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:03 AM

One needs to forget about the so called Sheffield hoodoo and treat this as just another game.The way the Dogs are playing they are capable of beating any team  and don't want that in the back of their minds next Sunday.It's only a couple of weeks ago, that certain posters were saying, that the Dogs weren't capable of beating the four teams above them and here we are.

#4 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 668 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:43 AM

iam sure these DOGS will be well up for this, give us play like last few weeks,love to see tom thrown in the mix,jc back and possibly applegarth. am sure we will run a few long range trys in if we can tire the eagles a bit in last 20 or so,they looked super fit in there last game v fax so it will be hard work, i doubt you could  get away with giving a side like fev 18 start but we did so i think its a day for the dogs come sunday, batley 28 eagles 16. mom ben b. first try greenwood. crowd 5.750. ;)

#5 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

I don't think he will change the team very much. Applegarth will not be fit enough to be put straight into a final. Potts might be unlucky with Campbell returning and while I think Hemingway can do a job for us, just where would he play? Moore is kicking as well as I have seen him and looks decent with ball in hand.

#6 Supertyke

Supertyke
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

I'm somewhere between "Sheffield are too strong for us" and "Sheffield is in for it this time".
I really do think we have a chance in the Grand Final, but whatever happens, this has been one hell of a finish to a season!! Brilliant!

A RUGBY LEAGUE EXILE

#7 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 484 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:45 PM

Congratulation - Llongyfarchiadau to Batley on reaching the Grand Final this season from a North Wales Crusaders fan. Looking forward to seeing you for the first time at Leigh Sports Village on Sunday.

• vitocorleone likes this

#8 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 567 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

Sheffield 12 - Batley 13

:)

#9 Morleydog

Morleydog
  • Coach
  • 388 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:34 AM

Sheffield 12 - Batley 13

:)

Alex Rowe drop goal, that'll fool em. ;)

#10 LINNERS

LINNERS
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:07 AM

It's hard to predict anything but a one point swing in Batley's favour at the moment!

#11 daniel hunter

daniel hunter
  • Players
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:28 AM

YEAR OF THE DOG ME THINKS

#12 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 567 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:30 AM

Alex Rowe drop goal, that'll fool em. ;)

I was actually going to put that lol

#13 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

I realy think it will be close, but if we can sort our defence out down the right hand side, especialy with menzie yere there, we could realy pull this big one off, ( praying that we do lol).

#14 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:29 PM

The bookies have us at 2-1 for the win and a draw at 20-1!

After the last 2 games betting on a draw is worth a fiver of anyones money!

#15 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

Past records count for nothing, and neither do league positions in these Grand Finals, be it Super League or Championship.Over the last 5 years how many times has the highest placed club in either division won their Grand Final? It seems that being favourites puts you under too much pressure!
If you can handle Menzie and QLT they don't have much else! Yere is nothing else but what cricketers call a "flat pitch Bully". Many clubs move their smallest players out into the centres when defending, and Menzie loves to run at them near the line with QLT on his shoulder waiting for the offload, so whatever you do, don't put Ben Black there!

#16 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,843 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:28 AM

No golden point this time.  But a low scoring encounter.

Batley 16 Sheffield 12.

#17 Sir Jekyll Stocking

Sir Jekyll Stocking
  • Coach
  • 877 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

There's a lot of optimism in the above posts, looking to a Batley win.

I wish I could share in it, but I think this will be a game too far.

We'll fulfill out contractural obligations and lose (by 12) to the Seagulls.

But I couldn't care less! Last week at POR felt just as good as Blackpool 2010.

Let's just enjoy the day, no matter what the result.

To paraphrase Bogie, "We'll always have Featherstone."

Owards and upwards.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

#18 muddyfunster

muddyfunster
  • Coach
  • 934 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:10 PM

Sheffield are no slouches but neither are you lot. Good luck for Sunday and break the voodoo for both heavy woolen sides

Batley 18 Sheffield 12

The futures bright, the futures RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/

name.png

#19 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:39 PM

Wow Sir Jekyll, you've replaced me as the most "negative" fan on here! ha ha

Realistically we shouldnt win, but then realistically we shouldnt be in the final - what the lads have achieved this year is nothing short of miraculous - the team i precited wouldnt win another game after the Workington defeat were devoid of ideas and didnt seem to have any heart or team spirit - contrast that with now and theres bag of all of it, the turnaround has been on an unprecednted scale - pople talk about great comebacks in sport and our season has been one long comeback and it all culminates on Sunday.

We have defied the odds and the bookies with tremendous wins at Leigh and Fev and I expect nothing less on Sunday - If we do lose, we will give the Eagles the fright of their lives in the process, I have no doubt about that.

I have a feeling we will sneak it, and win or lose, its a very very proud day to be a Batley fan.

I honestly cannot wait for 430pm on Sunday.
  • M Hopkins likes this

#20 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

Wow Sir Jekyll, you've replaced me as the most "negative" fan on here! ha ha

Realistically we shouldnt win, but then realistically we shouldnt be in the final - what the lads have achieved this year is nothing short of miraculous - the team i precited wouldnt win another game after the Workington defeat were devoid of ideas and didnt seem to have any heart or team spirit - contrast that with now and theres bag of all of it, the turnaround has been on an unprecednted scale - pople talk about great comebacks in sport and our season has been one long comeback and it all culminates on Sunday.

We have defied the odds and the bookies with tremendous wins at Leigh and Fev and I expect nothing less on Sunday - If we do lose, we will give the Eagles the fright of their lives in the process, I have no doubt about that.

I have a feeling we will sneak it, and win or lose, its a very very proud day to be a Batley fan.

I honestly cannot wait for 430pm on Sunday.

+1

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users