TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Track record in final appearances

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LINNERS

LINNERS
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:51 PM

Only 3 finals spring to mind since I've been watching Batley but we have come out victorious in all 3 games.

When we get there we usually do the job and I'm feeling pretty optimistic about this one.

Has anyone ever seen Batley not win a final??

#2 From the South

From the South
  • Coach
  • 235 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

As far as I can think we haven't lost  final since the Yorkshire Cup in the 50s. I wasn't around then but think the side was captained by the old landlord from the Imperial on Bradford road, Ray Laycock. I think we have been in 2 finals since, the Trans Pennine against Oldham and the NRC against Widnes, I know we beat Dewsbury in what technically was a final at Widnes but seeing as, for us, it was a relegation play off I'm not sure ttha counts.

We have also lost a couple of A Team finals, the Yorkshire Cup in about 81 and did n't we lose in the Alliance 2nd Division Cup thingy in the 90s.

Edited by From the South, 23 September 2013 - 02:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users