Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Conference challenge trophy

Leigh MR v Wigan St pats Premier sports

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:09 AM

Good luck Miners, I hope you feel livelier than I do at this ungodly hour on a Sunday morning

So glad they're televising the game...I'll be rooting for you from Huddersfield...a place on the 'wrong' side of the pennines, but still no where near as bad as Wigan ;)

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#22 Back In The Good Old Days

Back In The Good Old Days
  • Coach
  • 163 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:10 AM

Wigan
Home to the 2013 FA cup winners 2013 challenge cup winners and 2013 grand finalists too!

Leigh home to the lobby gobblers!

#23 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:17 AM

BITGOD - you must live close to Leigh, you actually call it by it's correct name instead of the silly lobbies that most of Wigooners come out with

BTW - leading at HT 

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#24 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:42 PM

Wigan
Home to the 2013 FA cup winners 2013 challenge cup winners and 2013 grand finalists too!

Leigh home to the lobby gobblers!

#25 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:49 PM

How sweet does the lobby taste today ?
Sam Tomkins eating humble pie on twitter he is better posting on Titter in future ?

Message for Mr Tomkins from the miners lads

WHO ARE YOU. WHO ARE YOU ?

We are the miners the mighty mighty miners .

Edited by TaxiEgg, 29 September 2013 - 02:50 PM.

#26 Ratty

Ratty
  • Coach
  • 113 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

Brilliant result for Miners. Well done. Don't see how you can fault Tomkins for supporting the amateur team he started off at. All credit to him I say for not forgetting his roots.

#27 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:11 PM

What you don't understand is on his twitter account he posted " on my way to Leigh sports village to watch St pats pick up the silverware " then deleted it when they lost !!!!!!!!

#28 Ratty

Ratty
  • Coach
  • 113 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

No I didn't know that TaxiEgg. So much for supporting your team through the good and bad eh! And we say to our youngsters just to get out there and do the best they can and that no one can ask for any more. Not a good ambassador.

#29 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

None the less a great advert  for the NCL  and I know both teams partied well into the early ours .

Great afternoon and night in the miners packed to the rafters and a cracking atmosphere .

Watched the game again today on Premier sports and they gave great exposure to the amateur game something SKY and the BBC should tap into .

Well done to both teams and they do it all again at the week end.

#30 Wilber

Wilber
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:11 PM

Channel M used to televise a Amateur game I bet if Premier televised a game every week there subscriptions would go up to pay for it.

Well done miners best team on the day and yes I was still in Party mode at 2.30 this morning with the Pats players. staff and friends. Good night had by all

#31 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:38 AM

Channel M used to televise a Amateur game I bet if Premier televised a game every week there subscriptions would go up to pay for it.

Well done miners best team on the day and yes I was still in Party mode at 2.30 this morning with the Pats players. staff and friends. Good night had by all

Hey Wilber what has happened to your apprentice " The 4 of us " ?

#32 Wilber

Wilber
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:26 PM

Think he lost his crust!! :pickeat:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users