Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

18th man.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Campeze

Campeze
  • Players
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

Last chance to sign up for "18th man" and back the Raiders for next season. If you cant print the form out from the picture there are forms at the Rugby shop on Scott Street.
As an added incentive there will be exclusive offers and competitions for those in our "18th man" next season.
Closing date 30th Sept.

Attached Files

Pete Murphy

Commercial Manager

Barrow Raiders RLFC

themurphstar@gmail.com

#2 Campeze

Campeze
  • Players
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

PRESS RELEASE: BARROW RAIDERS 18TH MAN

Ever wanted to be part of the Barrow Raiders team?

The actual team? Out there on the pitch with the rest of the Raiders ? Making breaks, smashing tackles with the rest of our boys?

Well an opportunity has come about for just that to happen!!!!!

You the fans could become the Barrow Raiders 18th man!!!!!

For the 2014 season Barrow Raiders will be partnering up with Super League kit makers O’neills. With a new manufacturer comes a new design and a unique chance for a limited number of Raiders to have their names fully sublimated into the design of the kit.

Not just “on the kit” but IN the kit.

Your name along with up to 499 other Raiders fans will be printed into the design of the kit. Every playing shirt worn by the squad and every replica kit bought by a fan with have all the 18th man names in it.

Every crushing tackle made by Liam Harrison, every jink and break made by Liam Campbell, every busting run made by Brad Brennon you’ll be on the pitch with them.

Raiders Commercial manager Pete Murphy said, “I think this is one of the finest ideas the club has ever had. It gives all the Raiders fans a unique chance to be part of the team. It gives a permanent bond between player and fan.”

Pete added, “I love the idea of junior raiders fans on Christmas morning opening up their new shirt and scrambling to find their name on the kit. I think it’s great that friends who stand or sit together in the stands can all have their own and each other’s names in the kit. When the crowd gets behind the team at home it always gives the lads a lift, this will give each person extra incentive to shout along knowing that they’re out in the pitch too. ”

“Any name can be added to the design of the kit, obviously your own name, your child or grandchild’s name, possibly even the name of a loved one no longer with us that was a lifelong raiders fan. It would be immortalised in the kit forever.” Added Pete.

The 18th Man scheme has been open for a just over a month now and is almost fully taken up. With less than 60 spaces for names left Pete is urging all the “I’ll do it tomorrow” fans to get down to the rugby shop on Scott St ASAP and fill the 18th man forms. 60 names outstanding means another £1200 that the club could raise for its much needed and publicised coffers.

The overall kit design for the 2014 season  has been finalised and is a top secret with O’Neil’s kit manufacturers and Barrow rugby director Andy Gaffney until it’s launch on a special night in November. The opportunity to be part of this kit will end on 30thth Sept or when the 500 name limit has been reached. Apart from having your name as part of the fabric of the club (excuse the pun) there will be other benefits through the season to being in the 18th man scheme. The clubs going to run competitions with prizes and exclusive events that will involve the 18th shirts and its participants. There will also be special discount offer s on other newly designed club merchandise that will be offered for “18th man” fans that will be rolled out very shorty.

“With a new kit manufacturer, an impressive new kit design, a host of new sponsors on board I thinks it’s a very exciting time for Barrow Raiders and their fans.” added Pete, who is relishing his new role as Barrow Raiders commercial manager.  “Ive seen the new design of both the home and away kit without sponsors logo’s on yet and its awesome, the away kit is class and will blow the supporters away I believe.”

Each name put into the design of the new 2014 kit will cost £15 for just the home kit or £20 for the home and alternate strip. The same name must go on both kits. Any one fan can have more than one entry onto the shirt, but would pay for each entry. ie: Father and sons name on home and alternate kits is £40.

Take a look at the mock up provided to give you an idea how the names are sublimated in. This mock up is not what the new kit looks like but gives an idea of how the names will be on the shirt.

Pete Murphy

Commercial Manager

Barrow Raiders RLFC

themurphstar@gmail.com

#3 The Vet

The Vet
  • Coach
  • 828 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

Is this what the actual shirt is going to look like?

Posted Image

This My Friend Is A Broom-Handled Mouser

#4 Paul Ballantyne

Paul Ballantyne
  • Coach
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:29 AM

Is this what the actual shirt is going to look like?

Phil, no it's not . if you read the last two lines it tells you. Hope your enjoying your time off.

#5 The Vet

The Vet
  • Coach
  • 828 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:52 AM

Haha,I know Balla the last time there was a topic about the 18th man about 5 people asked if the mock shirt was the actual design,iv got too much time on my hands so a but of sarcasm doesn't go amiss

Posted Image

This My Friend Is A Broom-Handled Mouser

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users