Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

new coach needed?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 GLENNGARY

GLENNGARY
  • Coach
  • 232 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

According to the league express it looks like Gary Chambers as failed to come to a agreement with the management and that we are after another new coach. Good start for the coming season!

#2 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

Swinton Lions Coach Paul Kidd says that the club faces a "big week" on several fronts as they prepare for 2014.

The Lions have yet to confirm where they will be playing, or who will be coaching the side, with Gary Chambers having guided them to Championship safety but not having an agreement in place for 2014. 

They have, however, started to talk to players about next season and hope to be in a position to make announcements shortly.

Kidd said: "We've agreed deals with quite a few players and expect them to put pen to paper within the next seven days."

That's what the paper says - I'm not sure it takes us much further forward but I hope Paul Kidd is not the "coach"!

The wait goes on.

Edited by dummy scissors, 23 September 2013 - 10:39 PM.

#3 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:14 AM

So there is a big difference between not having an agreement in place and failing to have reached an agreement.
Can anyone qualify which it is?

#4 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 901 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:03 AM

Shambles!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#5 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:07 AM

So is Chambers going back to his job at Warrington then?

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#6 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:24 AM

I would think Ian Watson would get the job should no agreement be reached with Chambers

#7 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:24 PM

Hang on quite a number on here criticised Gary Chambers appointment and murdered him in his first few weeks...is it any wonder he may not want the job.

#8 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

He's linked with a move here at barrow, anyone else heard this?

#9 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 581 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:51 PM

Marshy the criticism was based on results, but I accept some fans were more critical than others. To be fair to GC he turned it round very well, whilst asking that players and fans "bought into what he was trying to create". That sounds to me like a long term policy, which makes the current uncertainty more difficult to understand. Unless the issue is simply one of contractual details which are not insurmountable. Certainly don't want to get involved in Barrow's petty pontificating.

#10 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:37 AM

Marshy the criticism was based on results, but I accept some fans were more critical than others. To be fair to GC he turned it round very well, whilst asking that players and fans "bought into what he was trying to create". That sounds to me like a long term policy, which makes the current uncertainty more difficult to understand. Unless the issue is simply one of contractual details which are not insurmountable. Certainly don't want to get involved in Barrow's petty pontificating.

The main objection was his Warrington connection
He pretty much proved us all wrong. And pretty much created a new Swinton team by gradually reducing the reliance on dual registered players
I hope he stays and as usual we don't know that he won't
If he doesn't Watson and Billy are waiting in the wings to carry on his good work

#11 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

The main objection was his Warrington connection
He pretty much proved us all wrong. And pretty much created a new Swinton team by gradually reducing the reliance on dual registered players
I hope he stays and as usual we don't know that he won't
If he doesn't Watson and Billy are waiting in the wings to carry on his good work

. Got to say I agree with this one hundred percent!

#12 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

I was against GC when he came, but I let him have enough rope.

I now think his disconnection to the Warrington DR has proven his worth, as the true Lions players have proved towards the end of the season. He's a keeper in my opinion.

However, I think recruiting from within the organisation, if he left, as head coach would be detrimental to the cause, as Watson & Billy are too close to the player base structure.

Edited by Bleep1673, 25 September 2013 - 05:11 PM.

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users