High stakes on Sunday.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 213 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:09 AM

The opportunity to be at the Championship table and bragging rights for a season at least :haha: , coupled with increased revenue and the opportunity to be at the upper edge of the reconconstucted league format for 2015.  The loser to come to terms with another season in C1, whatever it proves to be!

Whichever team earns promotion will then have to rise to the challenge of a Championship with teams of proven calibre/experience.  And the fight for places in the new leagues.

Incidentallly, does anyone yet know for sure the 2015 format?  Talk included the top 8 of the Championship merging, at close of 2014, with the bottom 4 of Super League to form SL2, the bottom 4 of Championship relegated to C1, with whoever is still afloat at the time, into a north and south league? And then there is the question of play-offs or not next season? A long way-off, but forward planning does help.

For now, concentration on Sunday - should be a classic encounter - no switching off Hornets and Victory.

#2 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

Think format to be confirmed October 9th

#3 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 763 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

as they havent made it up yet!

#4 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

It IS as detailed above.........or something else, that's definite!

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#5 ArthurDaley

ArthurDaley
  • Coach
  • 520 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

as they havent made it up yet!

thumbs_up_smiley.gif

A large VAT Dave please.

Allso known as Teodozjusz Matuschanskavasky

#6 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:10 PM

I read the Obby regularly on line and if I didn`t keep abreast of things Hornets through here,getting regular e-mails from the Club itself and getting up to date texts from Mad Mal at the games,I wouldn`t have any idea that Hornets are in a Cup Final on Sunday. There`s regular updates from all Dale`s latest matches,but I don`t think the Obby have put anything in about Hornets since the London game. How pathetic is that? No wonder there doesn`t appear to be much interest in the game from this side of Royton,so I just hope it`s a nice day and as many people as possible make the trip to Leigh to cheer the lads on. I`ll be driving around Northern New South Wales on my security job eagerly waiting for Mal`s texts and being with you all in spirit!

#7 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 445 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:56 AM

As the match is being televised by Premier Sports. I wonder if there will be a video ref and a big screen?

#8 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 445 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:07 PM

The ref is Chris Leatherbarrow and the video ref James Childs,so it looks like there will be a big screen.

#9 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 783 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:32 PM

Premier Sports always use a video ref but not a big screen,I would imagine this is down to cost.So unless LSV have a screen built into the stadium I cant see there being one.
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users