League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

26/09/13 - SL Qual SF: Warrington Wolves v Huddersfield Giants KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Warrington Wolves by 13 points or more (7 votes [29.17%])

Percentage of vote: 29.17%

2. Warrington Wolves by 7 to 12 points (7 votes [29.17%])

Percentage of vote: 29.17%

3. Warrington Wolves by 1 to 6 points (1 votes [4.17%])

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

4. Huddersfield Giants by 1 to 6 points (5 votes [20.83%])

Percentage of vote: 20.83%

5. Huddersfield Giants by 7 to 12 points (2 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

6. Huddersfield Giants by 13 points or more (2 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#241 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:02 AM

Watched the replay
Giants really didn't get the run from Silverwood I don't think, but the main problem was we turned over possession too cheaply at times and letting Wire attack in your own half is a recipe for disaster

Robbo should have caught the ball or at least played at it for the last Wire try, but never mind

Cudjoe didn't have his best game but neither was he rubbish. Beaten by a wicked bounce that would have beaten anyone

Connor had a real baptism of fire, got to feel for the kid but he didn't let anyone down and scored a cracking try

It's a shame that last play in the first half didn't pay off, it would have been epic

Fair result in the end, we made a damn good game of it which is all I wanted, and I suspect we'd have won with home advantage

Can't wait till next season now for the proper games to start again

#242 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:07 AM

Oh an how on earth did Briers get man of the match?

Ratchford, Hill or Higham IMO

The real turning point in the game is still Wires ability to bring a new front row on that's as good as their starting front row

#243 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,333 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:18 AM

Excellent game,well done Warrington.

Got 1500 bass drum lugging,bug eyed monkeys!

#244 7723

• Coach
  • 619 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:28 AM

Excellent game,well done Warrington.

I disagree, I thought it was an awful game. The commentary team didn't help.

#245 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,333 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:30 AM

Try watching it muted,works for me.

Got 1500 bass drum lugging,bug eyed monkeys!

#246 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:31 AM

It was a typical SF playoff game, they are always filled with errors as the stakes are so high but they are great to watch because of the drama.

#247 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:08 AM

Ah well.  Season over.

But what a season it's been.    Hopefully there'll be a bit of recruitment over the next few months and we'll be back raring to go for the club's 150th anniversary.

See you all next year!

• Ant likes this

That's me.  I'm done.

#248 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 720 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:12 AM

ClubCall works fine just so long as teams remember to pick the team that is not Leeds Rhinos.
www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#249 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,872 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:17 AM

i can only assume you are not a rl fan - how anybody can describe the sport on show last night as awful is beyond me.

#250 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,081 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:18 AM

Just heard Tony Smith on Chris Evans show. When asked about club call, he said it was a great idea and he really bought into the idea (clearly taking the pee)

Bigged up the games well. Oops just remembered that is a no no in RL!!

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#251 archibald

archibald
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:22 AM

i can only assume you are not a rl fan - how anybody can describe the sport on show last night as awful is beyond me.

For the neutral i bet it was a belter.

The commentary team are an embarrassment.

#252 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,604 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:28 AM

For the neutral i bet it was a belter.

The commentary team are an embarrassment.

Yes and yes! Still fixated with errors, replays of errors, and trying to prove the level of ineptitude of the referees!

#253 willy

willy
  • Coach
  • 220 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:28 AM

Giants lacked Grix, hes more important than people realise, when he plays well the Giants are unplayable as he turns up everywhere. I agree with Baloo though, the 18 year old filling in was OK and certainly didn't disgrace himself, wouldn't be surprised if Giants didn't pick up the option on the lad the let go to Hull KR after seeing Connor play.

And who would you bring in? There are new props scattered across the club 'maturing' e.g. Mulally so I think its similar to the Leeds philosophy, mature the current batch and bring up more juniors.

A half back maybe?

#254 7723

• Coach
  • 619 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:35 AM

Huge RL fan, just very disappointed with the game last night, probably more to do with the commentary team and their views but really didn't live up to expectation. I think I was expecting a game similar to the Leeds - Saints match last week.

#255 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,581 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:35 AM

Huddersfield have come a long way from being the perennial wooden-spooners of SL, and silverware is not to be sniffed at. That was a big step forward for them. 

The next big step is KO matches, and I reckon they'll get there in the next few years. CC or GF, who knows? But their strength as a team and their confidence will grow.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#256 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:12 AM

After 10 minutes I was thinking that this was going to be another one sided game that got turned off at half time, so all credit to Huddersfield for making a fight of it. Fair result in the end, but Huddersfield have a lot going for them now, pity more people in the town don't realise it.

#257 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,872 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:05 AM

Result never really seemed in doubt. Hudds never took control of the game at any point & never led.
Hudds really need some props that can stand in for Crabtree & Koczak off the bench. Theylose so much when these 2 go off.

Wire were well short of what they produced against Leeds! but still had enough to contain Hudds & strike when needed. 4-0 for the season says it all.

did you miss the first half hour?

#258 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,066 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:07 AM

Missed the game (and this thread), but saw the result. Well done Wire. I am guessing Cudjoe got disproportionately slated and Westwood got disproportionately praised.

I also agree that he should have walked for that, and if it had been Bailey he would have seen red.
Plus, the sooner the commentary team are put out to pasture the better.

The Giants have had a wonderful year. One to be treasured forever.

#259 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,872 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

What happened? Wire always had the measure of Hudds, Never streets ahead! but never in a position where they had to play catch up or really panic. Hudds scored, they scored to cancel it out & then went as much as 14 points up.

You said that Hudds never led. They led for 10 minutes of the first half (Wire led for 13 minutes of it) - with the rest of it being tied. That's a pretty tight first half.

It was a 2 point ball game with 8 minutes to go - Warrington were under a lot of pressure throughout the game and handled it well. Hudds did a good job and made a great fist of it. 

#260 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

Don't worry Dave, some people still think were cellar dwellers

Wire took control then the interchanges happened, Giants nearly pinched it back when they swapped again.

Wires bench won it. End of story.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users