TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

26/09/13 - SL Qual SF: Warrington Wolves v Huddersfield Giants KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Warrington Wolves by 13 points or more (7 votes [29.17%])

Percentage of vote: 29.17%

2. Warrington Wolves by 7 to 12 points (7 votes [29.17%])

Percentage of vote: 29.17%

3. Warrington Wolves by 1 to 6 points (1 votes [4.17%])

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

4. Huddersfield Giants by 1 to 6 points (5 votes [20.83%])

Percentage of vote: 20.83%

5. Huddersfield Giants by 7 to 12 points (2 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

6. Huddersfield Giants by 13 points or more (2 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#261 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,832 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:23 PM

Don't worry Dave, some people still think were cellar dwellers

Wire took control then the interchanges happened, Giants nearly pinched it back when they swapped again.

Wires bench won it. End of story.

Whilst both teams are known for their exciting play, I actually found the forwards battle fascinating last night (sure it depressed you though!) - the way we slowly turned the screw was impressive to watch (for us) - but Hudds never gave in and to get it back to 2 points with 8 minutes to go had me biting my nails!

Apparently though it was an awful game!  <_<

#262 archibald

archibald
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

Tickets booked. Now bricking it.

#263 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:52 PM

it was far from an awful game....

#264 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

Whilst both teams are known for their exciting play, I actually found the forwards battle fascinating last night (sure it depressed you though!) - the way we slowly turned the screw was impressive to watch (for us) - but Hudds never gave in and to get it back to 2 points with 8 minutes to go had me biting my nails!

Apparently though it was an awful game! <_<

When Crabtree, Lunt and CK were on we matched you step for step and were level pegging (damn Ratchfords goal line conversions)

It's only when the benches came on we got bullied, just look at the scoring pattern.

And if only that last minute wonder play in the first half had reaper points.

#265 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,832 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

When Crabtree, Lunt and CK were on we matched you step for step and were level pegging (damn Ratchfords goal line conversions)

It's only when the benches came on we got bullied, just look at the scoring pattern.

And if only that last minute wonder play in the first half had reaper points.

Agreed. It was the best I have seen Carvell play for a long time, and Monas is back to his best.

#266 meast

meast
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

warrington took advantage of our mistakes at crucial times and some generous refereeing decisions, but were just about the better team.

I've no problem with that, we gave them a game at last and stood up to them, but for a bounce of the ball and a bit more quick thinking we could have won the game im sure.

good luck to wire next week and well done to warrington fans who applauded the giants fans out of the west stand, absolute class when they could have quite easily been goading us.

• Ant likes this

#267 archibald

archibald
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:06 PM

AAARRRGGGHHH. There was 1, one, ein, un, decision that was "generous", when we got a pen near our own line after some wrestling for the ball.

FFS.

#268 meast

meast
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

no there was a lot of decisions that went warringtons way, but its all done and dusted now and warrington are in the final and good luck to them :clapping:

#269 archibald

archibald
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:30 PM

Which ones?

#270 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

Which ones?

Any time Ben Westwood made a tackle and wasn't penalised for messing about in the ruck

Morley trying to kill someone on the giants own line - plus a number of other high shots that he didn't penalise

Giants being made to drop out when it should have been an offside penalty to the Giants (

Scrum to wire on halfway in the last 5 when it should have been a penalty

There were more too

#271 meast

meast
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:42 PM

in my opinion?

from memory....

bridge and morley get away with swinging arms/high shot, we get a penalty against and a man on report for same thing..,both decisions in favour of warrington

westwood twice going into the tackle/PTB with knees, one resulted in a knock on against us, another, no action taken.decisions favouring warrington.

briers ball strip on murphy, led to a knock on against us and led to the winning try.decision in favour of warrington.

on 2/3 occasions, silverwood calls held then release, warrington player then carries on with the tackle, puts the man to ground and turns him over, decision in favour of warrington ( we conceded 4 penalties for lesser infringement), decisions in favour of warrington.

ball steal ruling against jake connor when the ball was there to be won, decision favoured warrington.

various occasions wire got away with things that we got penalised for, like I said, that's my opinion on the ones I can remember.

I am in no way claiming these decisions changed the outcome of the game, just pointing out that IMO warrington got just about every decision go their way.

#272 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

Don't forget Bridges high shot as well that was so obvious.

I have no bias towards Huddersfield or Warrington but it was clear Wire got the rub of the green considerably. I can't think of one decision which went Huddersfields way if I'm honest.

Edit: my post was in reply to Ant.

Edited by RSN, 27 September 2013 - 04:44 PM.

#273 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:01 PM

no there was a lot of decisions that went warringtons way, but its all done and dusted now and warrington are in the final and good luck to them :clapping:

Hiya Meast, really good to see you on TRL.

I hated the fact we picked the Giants in clubcall because I have so much time for the Huddersfield club and their fans - I'd have preferred to knock out Leeds or Wigan and meet the Giants in the final, so that the league leaders and their great club get a shot at the big prize.

Anyway it wasn't to be but I genuinely wish you all the best for next season. Ace club, top fans.

Mark.

#274 SE4Wire

SE4Wire
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

One of the problems is that people have a tendency to remember acutely when their team were hard done to by ref but forget what they got away with. Hudds were hardly squeaky clean around PTB.

I reckon we probably got slightly more of the rub of the green last night, both on decisions and bounce of the ball. But then again, one of the two teams always does.

#275 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

All true
But there were just a few very important moments that calls were just plain wrong and it cost us

#276 ELBOWSEYE

ELBOWSEYE
  • Coach
  • 264 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

As previously stated too many one eyed fans on here, I sit with a high % in the east stand at HJS and it makes me cringe, but they are not on their own after reading lots of comments on here. Just accept it was a good game with two top sides and the slightly better one just edged it. stop bleating about things that are part and parcel of the game.

#277 archibald

archibald
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

Any time Ben Westwood made a tackle and wasn't penalised for messing about in the ruck

Morley trying to kill someone on the giants own line - plus a number of other high shots that he didn't penalise

Giants being made to drop out when it should have been an offside penalty to the Giants (

Scrum to wire on halfway in the last 5 when it should have been a penalty

There were more too

Ben Westwood has probably been one of our most penalised players all year, he regularly has me shouting at the tv.

The rest weren't generous, they were what the ref saw, given an instant replay, from several angles...oh, forget it, you were robbed.

#278 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:05 PM

Read the whole thread before you get on your high horse

#279 archibald

archibald
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:37 PM

Read the whole thread before you get on your high horse

I've read it, a thousand times on here, the losing side gets screwed by the ref. Fact.

#280 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:09 PM

I've read it, a thousand times on here, the losing side gets screwed by the ref. Fact.

Ant doesn't need me to defend him but I've not seen any Hudds fans bleating that they lost because of the ref, to be fair.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users