Photo
- - - - -

26/09/13 - SL Qual SF: Warrington Wolves v Huddersfield Giants KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Warrington Wolves by 13 points or more (7 votes [29.17%])

Percentage of vote: 29.17%

2. Warrington Wolves by 7 to 12 points (7 votes [29.17%])

Percentage of vote: 29.17%

3. Warrington Wolves by 1 to 6 points (1 votes [4.17%])

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

4. Huddersfield Giants by 1 to 6 points (5 votes [20.83%])

Percentage of vote: 20.83%

5. Huddersfield Giants by 7 to 12 points (2 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

6. Huddersfield Giants by 13 points or more (2 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#281 archibald

archibald
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:26 PM

If the giants stop giving away penalties Wire will stop calling, but I think were getting pinged for things wire are getting away with :/

First post while match being played.

Refs give what they give because they think something happened or don't think something happened. There should be a law/rule, you want to slag off the ref/question their impartiality, fine, but lets have the list and the time in the game when the supposed incident happened.

You only need to look at the supposed cowardly assault to the back of the head by Briers on Ablett to see fans are generally myopic, biased and fact free.

Edited by archibald, 27 September 2013 - 10:37 PM.

#282 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:32 PM

I've read it, a thousand times on here, the losing side gets screwed by the ref. Fact.

What about the winning team? Plenty of gripes from both all year. Some merited, some not. As a fairly neutral (I don't dislike Wire to anywhere near the same extent as some Wire fans seem to dislike Wigan), I thought Huddersfield were unlucky with a few calls. However no more so than most sides have been at some point over the course of the season. Didn't think it was the difference to the result in any case.

Edited by giwildgo, 27 September 2013 - 10:32 PM.

#283 archibald

archibald
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:43 PM

What about the winning team? Plenty of gripes from both all year. Some merited, some not. As a fairly neutral (I don't dislike Wire to anywhere near the same extent as some Wire fans seem to dislike Wigan), I thought Huddersfield were unlucky with a few calls. However no more so than most sides have been at some point over the course of the season. Didn't think it was the difference to the result in any case.

If you replay the game and analyse every tackle, I bet you'd find an infringement of some description every time, on either side. Fans like to moan, always have, always will.

#284 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:50 PM

If you replay the game and analyse every tackle, I bet you'd find an infringement of some description every time, on either side. Fans like to moan, always have, always will.

Sometimes with justification, sometimes not. I personally think the standard of officiating has been comparatively poor across the board this season, and I have no axe to grind having done the job myself and knowing how hard it is. If anything it has been marginally better in the playoffs, as there is less room for inconsistency when the refs apply a bit more flexibility.

Anyway, less about the officials. Enjoyed the game last night and the better team won. Hopefully the best team will also win next week (as long as it's Wigan).

#285 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:50 PM

The only 2 games I would categorically state whose results were changed by the officials I have seen were the 2 Millenium scandals.
Having not seen the game but nevertheless have very strong feelings on the subject, Wire played the referee far better, but that is all part of the game.

#286 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:46 PM

True

And in all cases - and especially wire v giants - the ref didn't drop the ball or miss tackles, or let the ball bounce.

I've no complaints with last nights result, I still think Wire got the rub but the game was there to be won even so

#287 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,727 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:13 AM

The only 2 games I would categorically state whose results were changed by the officials I have seen were the 2 Millenium scandals.
Having not seen the game but nevertheless have very strong feelings on the subject, Wire played the referee far better, but that is all part of the game.

:biggrin:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users