Photo
- - - - -

29/09/13 - Championship Grand Final: Sheffield Eagles v Batley Bulldogs KO 4.30pm (Premier Sports)

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Sheffield Eagles by 13 points or more (3 votes [10.71%])

Percentage of vote: 10.71%

2. Sheffield Eagles by 7 to 12 points (7 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. Sheffield Eagles by 1 to 6 points (1 votes [3.57%])

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

4. Batley Bulldogs by 1 to 6 points (12 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

5. Batley Bulldogs by 7 to 12 points (4 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

6. Batley Bulldogs by 13 points or more (1 votes [3.57%])

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

Go on the doggies!!!
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

#22 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,544 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

All Batley so far.

#23 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,544 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

Cracking try for Batley. Really well taken by Campbell

#24 amh

amh
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:34 PM

It's as if they've put a slope in

Great day all round - I've done nowt but sit and watch since 11:30 - wimmins work can wait ;)

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#25 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,544 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

Great game.

#26 amh

amh
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:57 PM

12 - 12 68 mins nail biter

the momentum is with Eagles but Batley have it in them if they can get possession

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#27 amh

amh
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

and Eagles go in again QLT try

It could be game over if Batley don't find their mojo again - their fans are very loud, they need to be their 18th man now and get their lads back in this

#28 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,865 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

Those Batley fans behind the posts looked like a nice bunch.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#29 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,544 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:02 PM

Some Batley fans getting a bit carried away.

#30 amh

amh
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:05 PM

Game over with Eagles giving Batley some of their own medicine with a DG - talk about a game of two halves

Lets remember whoever threw a bottle is one idiot and not a whole fanbase

#31 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,759 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:11 PM

Game over with Eagles giving Batley some of their own medicine with a DG - talk about a game of two halves

Lets remember whoever threw a bottle is one idiot and not a whole fanbase

Batley fans aren't like that - must be a "cup final hanger-on".

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#32 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

Who lets glass bottles inside the stadium in the first place? When I went to the milennium stadium I wasn't allowed to take a bluddy can of coke! I hope they find the culprits and ban them, disgrace.

Other than that it was quite an enjoyable game.

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#33 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,383 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

Batley fans aren't like that - must be a "cup final hanger-on".

No club's hardcore week in week out following are 'like that', doesn't stop opposition fans from point scoring over every incident though!
Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

#34 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,846 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

Well, I'm emotionally drained after that! Batley were superb for the first 55/60 minutes - dominated us down the middle, slowed down our play the balls, kicked well… basically, they did everything right. Once Brambani and Walker found their weakness down the right side they kicked there mercilessly and the game swung in our favour. Once we got that first try we looked unstoppable. Batley's discipline went, and their ability to keep hold of the ball vanished as well.

Fantastic to be Champions again and win back-to-back grand finals. Amazing scenes! That's why we're Champions  :biggrin:

Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#35 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,674 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:38 PM

Plastic bottles.

(null)
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#36 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,790 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

The finals day produced some really good games.  Well done Sheffield.  They dug themselves out of a hole and showed their champion credentials by doing so.  Batley were great for most of the game but at the end of the day it's who goes for 80 minutes and the Eagles did that, in spite of their kicker having left his kicking boots on the other side of the Pennines!

#37 Leyther_Matt

Leyther_Matt
  • Coach
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

Who lets glass bottles inside the stadium in the first place? When I went to the milennium stadium I wasn't allowed to take a bluddy can of coke! I hope they find the culprits and ban them, disgrace.

Other than that it was quite an enjoyable game.

They were plastic bottles.

Batley as a town must be rolling in money if they can afford to waste ale at LSV prices!

We were stood in the North Stand with the Batley fans in a bit of a Leyth colony at the front and it was a cracking atmosphere, bottle throwing numpties apart. Batley were superb the first half but it was a big ask to maintain such intensity and they didn't really convert their possession and territory in to tries when they had the chance. Fair play to Sheffield, they've had a marathon of a season.

#38 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

They were plastic bottles.

Batley as a town must be rolling in money if they can afford to waste ale at LSV prices!

We were stood in the North Stand with the Batley fans in a bit of a Leyth colony at the front and it was a cracking atmosphere, bottle throwing numpties apart. Batley were superb the first half but it was a big ask to maintain such intensity and they didn't really convert their possession and territory in to tries when they had the chance. Fair play to Sheffield, they've had a marathon of a season.

Fair enough, I stand corrected. Still, if it was full it could still cause quite a bit of damage.

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#39 Leyther_Matt

Leyther_Matt
  • Coach
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

Fair enough, I stand corrected. Still, if it was full it could still cause quite a bit of damage.

Very much so, but there's only so much you can do to legislate against the odd few idiots.

#40 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,913 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:07 AM

Careful.... I know you can take the the boy out of Cas but you..... and all that!!

I just think their enthusiasm is great and it affects people around them in a positive way

The last three finals have been between Cas lads.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users