Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

League Weekly

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 phildog

phildog
  • 292 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

Says in LW that we have signed Sam Scott from York. Do we think he is a shoe-in beside Davies with a fit Applegarth at loose, or will he warm the bench? Depends as well if any leavers in that area change their minds after play-off successes, Walmsley I'm not too bothered about but would hope Bretherton is staying, he's too useful in case we don't have a centre lined up. Anybody know about Potts, maybe we will need a winger as well. Will be glad when sunday is put to bed, then we can get down to really knowing who's in and out.

#2 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

I disagree. All that Will take it's natural course. Enjoy the build up to Sunday. It might never happen again.

#3 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 606 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:56 PM

agreed could be our one and only chance to be Champions! lets focus on making that a reality and worry about next season next week :) 

#4 phildog

phildog
  • 292 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:16 PM

Just thinking that every other club is singing the praises of new signings who look useful to them, and we don't know for certain who's coming in to build us up and keep us in the manner to which we've recently become accustomed. I know how important this Sunday is, just spent over an hour in Taproom with a number of fans chewing the fat and most are of the same opinion as me, hoping that JK and the BOD have got greta news for us.

#5 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:35 PM

Just thinking that every other club is singing the praises of new signings who look useful to them, and we don't know for certain who's coming in to build us up and keep us in the manner to which we've recently become accustomed. I know how important this Sunday is, just spent over an hour in Taproom with a number of fans chewing the fat and most are of the same opinion as me, hoping that JK and the BOD have got greta news for us.

Apart from Leigh and Keighley I can't think of any other clubs who have begun announcing new signings?

Posted Image

#6 phildog

phildog
  • 292 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

Donny today, Rams, Leigh, Keighley, Barrow...all bringing in. We had the flush of re-signings but nothing on Bretherton, Lindsay. We know Maun says he's retiring and we've all resigned ourselves to losing Potts, Walton (rumoured to be re-loaned to us) Johnson, Moore, Walmsley, Mennell and Flanagan, so news on incomers would be good, but understand that the current squad is focussed entirely on this weekend and doesn't need further rumour.

#7 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:09 PM

What's the common denominator between all the clubs you named in the first sentence of your last post, Phil? Probably a good indicator of why we haven't named any new signings.

Posted Image

#8 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

I read recently that JK knew what his starting line up was going to be next season, so I think it's fair to say that next season's recruitment is well underway. However, why on earth would they begin announcing new signings this week? It makes no sense at all to do so. The club should be, and are aiming to ensure that we use the occasion of the Grand Final to maximise the benefits to our club.

Opportunities like this occur so rarely for clubs like ours that it would be ridiculous to derail the efforts of those who are working towards sustaining success on Sunday and beyond.

#9 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 753 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

What's the common denominator between all the clubs you named in the first sentence of your last post, Phil? Probably a good indicator of why we haven't named any new signings.

only 2 clubs who haven't named new signings are still playing so which could be annouced come mid week next week

#10 Mark B

Mark B
  • Coach
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:03 PM

Who cares who we have signed for next year at the moment . All I am interested in at this moment in time is Sunday and so should everybody else . Having supported the club the same as many others all my life we never may get to a grand final again in our lifetimes . So let's get there in mass numbers give the current team some massive support and noise and enjoy the day out for what it is . Next season is next season . Sunday is all that matters to me
Posted Image

#11 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,888 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:36 PM

What Mark said ...

Signings will become apparent once the GF is out of the way.

#12 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 606 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:38 PM

Who cares who we have signed for next year at the moment . All I am interested in at this moment in time is Sunday and so should everybody else . Having supported the club the same as many others all my life we never may get to a grand final again in our lifetimes . So let's get there in mass numbers give the current team some massive support and noise and enjoy the day out for what it is . Next season is next season . Sunday is all that matters to me

Spot on Mark!

#13 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 753 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

well said jk love child haha lets get behind the lads again on sunday

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users