Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Shaun Robinson

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:13 PM

I've just heard that the Dewsbury Rams have signed Shaun Robinson. Is he any good?

#2 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 423 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:19 PM

He did well for us last season before joining Oxford and seems to have had a decent year down south. Runs the ball back strongly and a good finisher. Lacks a bit of height.

#3 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:26 PM

Thanks for that. Is he quick though? The Rams have been lacking a pacey winger for many a year

#4 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

He is very quick and good in defence too

#5 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:53 PM

Sounds a very good signing

#6 mbna

mbna
  • Players
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:15 PM

Yeah and can tackle!!!

#7 Snoopy Loopy

Snoopy Loopy
  • Coach
  • 477 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

I remember Shaun when he was at Rochdale in U21s he had bags of potential, quick, good foot, good defender - I remember think he had a big future in front of him - if he has matured a bit I certainly think he could be a top player in the Championship 

I am suprised that Oldham havent done more to keep him around - why is an Oldham lad going to Oxford/Dewsbury to play his Rugby

#8 roughyed8

roughyed8
  • Coach
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:48 PM

I remember Shaun when he was at Rochdale in U21s he had bags of potential, quick, good foot, good defender - I remember think he had a big future in front of him - if he has matured a bit I certainly think he could be a top player in the Championship

I am suprised that Oldham havent done more to keep him around - why is an Oldham lad going to Oxford/Dewsbury to play his Rugby

Think he left oldham when he fell out me favour and went back to saddleworth rangers

#9 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 423 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

I believe he fell out with Tony Benson when he was at Oldham but then signed for him at Oxford because he was offered more money than Oldham could afford. He's great lad and a good player.