Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Any ideas to help Hunslet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hunsletnewboy

hunsletnewboy
  • Players
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:10 AM

Can anyone come up with ideas to help Hunslet raise money now were in championship 1.

I will start the ball rolling, with trying to get most of the long distance away games to be played on a saturday evening (6pm ko) and maybe a couple of home games aswell if it can be tied in with leeds utd playing away that day.

With games being recorded, i would screen them the following day in the Phoenix bar at 3pm. Charge £3, on entry you get a raffle ticket as proof of entry and go into a draw for somethying like drinks tokens. That way most sundays will be profitable in the phoenix bar.

Thoughts and ideas please.

#2 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 876 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:07 AM

Can anyone come up with ideas to help Hunslet raise money now were in championship 1.

I will start the ball rolling, with trying to get most of the long distance away games to be played on a saturday evening (6pm ko) and maybe a couple of home games aswell if it can be tied in with leeds utd playing away that day.

With games being recorded, i would screen them the following day in the Phoenix bar at 3pm. Charge £3, on entry you get a raffle ticket as proof of entry and go into a draw for somethying like drinks tokens. That way most sundays will be profitable in the phoenix bar.

Thoughts and ideas please.

I'm fairly sure the home team have the final say on when games should be played, and looking back on last season, most teams in this division - traditional or not - seemed to prefer Sunday at 3pm.

In any case it would mean some VERY late arrivals back home for the team and any supporters who have travelled.

Maybe showing the match in the Phoenix one evening early in the following week though ??

#3 Neverumind3

Neverumind3
  • Players
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

Not sure if anyone will think this is a good idea, but I know batley ust to do it....

Every junior player signed on to a team in south leeds area gets a free junior season ticket! Possible fans for the future and if even a few of them bring there parents then it would be a few more who probly wouldn't be here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users