New shirt for final

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:19 AM

Theres pictures on the ravensport twitter feed of the new grand final shirt.

Looks good, anyone know if its on sale to the public too?
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#2 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,244 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:31 AM

Can't see owt?

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#3 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 562 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:08 AM

https://twitter.com/...9002497/photo/1

looks good.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#4 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:26 AM

Can't see owt?

Sorry adding pictures not my forte!

Edited by buford t justice, 25 September 2013 - 10:04 AM.

#5 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:35 AM

See they have got the best looking one to model it!!!!!

(don't tell Danny)

#6 beefy1

beefy1
  • Coach
  • 337 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:23 AM

A small amount of stock will be going into the club shop, which will be open 9-4 on Friday and 9-12 on Saturday. First come first served. There will be a few replicas (£50), some of the players' Leisure shirts (£25), and some commemorative T-Shirts (£10).

#7 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

A small amount of stock will be going into the club shop, which will be open 9-4 on Friday and 9-12 on Saturday. First come first served. There will be a few replicas (£50), some of the players' Leisure shirts (£25), and some commemorative T-Shirts (£10).

When you say club shop do you mean the dog house in the ground or up in the VP Lounge?

#8 beefy1

beefy1
  • Coach
  • 337 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

You'd be better calling the club to find that out. I think it's the Dog House, but not 100%, sorry.

#9 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 671 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:59 AM

Get as much out of the fans as possible

If clubs didn't capitalise on such situations I would think they were stupid. I bought a shirt for the NRC final and it's my favourite shirt. Great memories

#10 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:14 PM

Just get your money out

I think most of the real fans already do!  And why wouldn't they since they SUPPORT the club?

SIGNATURE

#11 phildog

phildog
  • 310 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:14 PM

Maybe the club should then keep this design as the home strip for next year. Don't think that fans can afford 50 quid to buy this as a one off then be expected to shell out the same next Feb for another set of home and away shirts, it's all about economics, many fans are unemployed and sacrifice a lot to support the club at the turnstile without concessions. Make the home shirt the away shirt next year and it's all covered.

#12 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:16 PM

I'm working at all these times!  Can't we pre-order?

SIGNATURE

#13 Goooonnnnnnnnnnnnn Sean

Goooonnnnnnnnnnnnn Sean
  • Players
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:38 PM

I think the point about fans being able to afford to buy new strips if they change regularly is a valid one.

However as a one off souvenier I think there will be an appetite for this and who could possibly blame the club for capitalising on the opportunity.

#14 beefy1

beefy1
  • Coach
  • 337 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:17 PM

Maybe the club should then keep this design as the home strip for next year. Don't think that fans can afford 50 quid to buy this as a one off then be expected to shell out the same next Feb for another set of home and away shirts, it's all about economics, many fans are unemployed and sacrifice a lot to support the club at the turnstile without concessions. Make the home shirt the away shirt next year and it's all covered.

It's very likely that this shirt will be kept as the away shirt for next year pending RFL approval. Obviously some of the sponsors may change if they don't commit to next season, but that's the idea.

#15 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

It's very likely that this shirt will be kept as the away shirt for next year pending RFL approval. Obviously some of the sponsors may change if they don't commit to next season, but that's the idea.

I would hope not.  Once the club has said it's a special edition and taken sales on the back of that statement, it shouldn't be open to them to renege on that statement.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#16 bimbo101

bimbo101
  • Coach
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:12 PM

Attached File  batleyshirt.jpg   60.03KB   1 downloads

#17 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 671 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:50 PM

If you can't afford it. Don't buy it. I don't buy a shirt every season (I haven't this year). So i don't mind that we have a one off memorable shirt for the big day!

#18 dogga

dogga
  • Coach
  • 341 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:23 AM

the supporters club who run the dog house i think are taking some stock up to the boardroom from about 11 today
union whats that?

#19 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 671 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:19 PM

Will I be able to buy tickets and a new shirt from the club on Saturday?

I'm working away and won be home until about 8 tomorrow night.

#20 beefy1

beefy1
  • Coach
  • 337 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

Club shop is open 9-12 tomorrow and will have some shirts and tickets available.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users