Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Travellers take over LSV

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:14 AM

According to the Leigh forum, the main car park at the LSV (behind the main stand) has been occupied by a large and apparently growing band of Travellers who have set up camp there over the last few days - having been evicted from another local site by police. With this in mind, those journeying to Leigh by car on Sunday may want to arrive a little earlier than planned....

Edited by TheTerminator, 26 September 2013 - 12:15 AM.

Posted Image

#2 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:55 AM

I hope the heavy hand is used before sunday

#3 bimbo101

bimbo101
  • Coach
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:54 AM

A law unto themselves them folk.No respect for nothing.The car park will probably be like a rubbish dump by now.

#4 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:58 AM

Maybe it's George flanagans family getting there early ha

#5 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 878 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

Maybe it's George flanagans family getting there early ha

maybe not. best ask em when they get up to teabag stadium..should be there about 6.30 i reckon. :rtfm:

#6 phildog

phildog
  • 302 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:56 AM

Maybe all fans arriving for the game should just park on it anyway, park across the caravan doorways, block their vehicles in, cause any inconvenience they can for the entire afternoon. After all it is a PUBLIC area, they're not the only people who count as public!!

#7 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:32 PM

I wouldnt like to guess the odds of you having a car left by full time Phil dog, but id say they would be roughly 1,000,000-1

If the authorities havent moved them by Sunday theres not a lot can be done about it.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#8 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 625 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:15 AM

couldnt you just politely ask them to leave

lol.....you got to be joking......youve had no contact with travellers i guess.....they wonder why everyone picks on them....then they beg borrow and steal......(  well not borrow )....and leave the countryside covered in their mess......

one question....thats always puzzled me.....where do they get their water from ?....

#9 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:17 AM

lol.....you got to be joking......youve had no contact with travellers i guess.....they wonder why everyone picks on them....then they beg borrow and steal......( well not borrow )....and leave the countryside covered in their mess......
one question....thats always puzzled me.....where do they get their water from ?....

Don't some caravans have water tanks these days? I imagine they get filled up at 'convenient' locations. Plenty of outside taps around, and they'll know where to look for them.

Posted Image

#10 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 625 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:38 AM

Don't some caravans have water tanks these days? I imagine they get filled up at 'convenient' locations. Plenty of outside taps around, and they'll know where to look for them.

ive never seen them filling what must be huge water tanks.....and emptying their Cess tanks....and some of their locations do seem remote......just wondered.....

#11 ian c

ian c
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:09 PM

I may be wrong not been past myself, but I was told they aren't on the main car park behind the North Stand but on the gravel car park the coaches use, don't take this as gospel though.

Anyway good luck for the Final me and a few other Leythers are coming to support you.

#12 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:14 PM

If any of you need overnight accommodation I have room in my 8 berth at £35 a night cash only
Less than a minute to the north stand

Yours

A.Pikey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users