RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Insanity Workout

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:21 PM

So anybody done it? Just started today feeling sick, faint and aching like fcuk yet still motivated for tomorrow. MY THIGHS AAAARHGRHGGHGRHGHG

It's time to park the camels.

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:37 PM

I'm fascinated by this and have it ear-marked when I'm not such a big fat fatty.

(So maybe you'll be able to copy the discs and bumph for me!) ;)

At least now I have a guinea pig to look upon for feedback.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 Chariots

Chariots
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:01 PM

Go for a run instead

It's a fab and people generally don't stick to it

Quick fixes don't exist

#4 MikeW

MikeW
  • Coach
  • 776 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

I bought the 90 day one, Tapout XT, which is basically the same deal.  Started it, and fell off the wagon quickly.  I Will get back to it soon, but I won't be doing it in 90 days, as I am not working out six days a week

#5 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:07 PM

Get yourself down to a gym :-)

#6 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:28 PM

Go for a run instead

It's a fab and people generally don't stick to it

Quick fixes don't exist

60 days isn't exactly quick :D

#7 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:29 PM

I'm fascinated by this and have it ear-marked when I'm not such a big fat fatty.

(So maybe you'll be able to copy the discs and bumph for me!) ;)

At least now I have a guinea pig to look upon for feedback.

pm me ;)

#8 Chariots

Chariots
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:37 PM

Insanity is usually done by the same people who do

Juice plus
Herbalife
Get a personal trainer etc

People out for a quick fix

All you need to do is exercise and eat a good diet

There is no short cut

Go do a circuit class at the gym with other people
  • Johnoco likes this

#9 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:12 PM

Is this not exercise..?

I should add I'm not doing it to lose weight, just to shape up.

Edited by YCKonstantine, 26 September 2013 - 03:13 PM.

#10 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

Is this not exercise..?

I should add I'm not doing it to lose weight, just to get buff.

Edited it for you :-)

#11 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:11 PM

Edited it for you :-)

Ah, what a rookie mistake ;)

#12 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

Did you get a free t-shirt as promised?

Posted Image

#13 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:53 PM

Did you get a free t-shirt as promised?

No, I was naughty..

#14 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

My other half and I are going to a wedding next week, and a mate of ours lent us his copy, and the first couple of weeks she was absolutely knackered after doing the workout. But as the weeks went on I realised she wasn't as tired after each one.
Before she started we took a very private photo showing her slight tummy overlap, but now she looks incredible, The before and after photos show an amazing transformation. She has never done any exercise regime before, but she is still sticking to it even after the 60 days.

& yes she did also diet & detox during the work-outs.

*I tried the "warm-up" and nearly died.

Edited by Bleep1673, 29 September 2013 - 11:16 AM.

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#15 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,422 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

So anybody done it? Just started today feeling sick, faint and aching like fcuk yet still motivated for tomorrow. MY THIGHS AAAARHGRHGGHGRHGHG

I'm always a bit wary of gimmicks and fads when it comes to exercise - the same with diets - but what does worry me about these types of high intensity regimes is the suitability of those taking them up. I've trained with harriers/athletics clubs in the past and even modestly talented club athletes use the type of interval routines involved here, where the heart rate is taken to a certain % of maximum heart rate, but only after a large quantity of basic aerobic fitness has been laid down.

I believe a lot of these programmes are based upon academic studies that show they can achieve certain results quicker than traditional methods, but what might be suitable for elite athletes is probably not appropriate for someone that just buys a few dvds and expects miracles in a few weeks. Your average punter won't have the extensive sports science backup that is available to professional sportsmen and women, and if there are underlying, undiagnosed health conditions then the rush into intensive workouts could be disastrous (ask Andrew Marr).

If you feel sick or faint during an exercise session then that is a hint that something may be wrong; a check with your doctor about your physical suitability might be a good idea. And if your muscles are aching as much as you say then you are risking injury. Be careful.

"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#16 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:26 PM

I'm always a bit wary of gimmicks and fads when it comes to exercise - the same with diets - but what does worry me about these types of high intensity regimes is the suitability of those taking them up. I've trained with harriers/athletics clubs in the past and even modestly talented club athletes use the type of interval routines involved here, where the heart rate is taken to a certain % of maximum heart rate, but only after a large quantity of basic aerobic fitness has been laid down.

I believe a lot of these programmes are based upon academic studies that show they can achieve certain results quicker than traditional methods, but what might be suitable for elite athletes is probably not appropriate for someone that just buys a few dvds and expects miracles in a few weeks. Your average punter won't have the extensive sports science backup that is available to professional sportsmen and women, and if there are underlying, undiagnosed health conditions then the rush into intensive workouts could be disastrous (ask Andrew Marr).

If you feel sick or faint during an exercise session then that is a hint that something may be wrong; a check with your doctor about your physical suitability might be a good idea. And if your muscles are aching as much as you say then you are risking injury. Be careful.

I think it was more to do with the face that I'd been sitting on my ###### for months doing nothing. Just finished the first week (7th day = rest day) and I feel great!

#17 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,422 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

I think it was more to do with the face that I'd been sitting on my ###### for months doing nothing. Just finished the first week (7th day = rest day) and I feel great!

You take care, though, and any weird symptoms then get to the doctor for a check up ;)

And mind that you stretch and adequately warm up before hitting the hard stuff. God, I'm a nag!
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#18 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

You take care, though, and any weird symptoms then get to the doctor for a check up ;)

And mind that you stretch and adequately warm up before hitting the hard stuff. God, I'm a nag!

Hah don't worry, the warm up is like 7 minutes and then 5 minutes of stretching. It's all covered ;)

I have unfixable-without-surgery scoliosis, but fcuk it, not gonna go about like a 70 year old for the rest of my life :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users