Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Who will be fourth?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Yorkie44

Yorkie44
  • Coach
  • 346 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:49 PM

I suppose it is already assumed that 3 of the 4 Semi Finalists have been decided, them been England, NZ & Aus, although it would be good if one of Aus or NZ didn’t make it especially Aus, realistically though this isn’t going to happen. So who will complete the quartet?

I don’t think it will be Scotland, Ireland, USA or the Cooks, as I just don’t think they will have the fire power to match the other Nations, but if they get through to the Quarters they may give there opponents a scare and eventually lose with there heads held high.

From the Pacific will Fiji repeat their 2008 achievement? Will the Tongan & Samoan squads fulfil there undoubted ability? You defiantly can’t rule out PNG it is after all the national sport and they are the current Pacific Cup holders and have experience of playing the big 3 in the 4 nations.

From Europe we have the Italians with their plethora of NRL & SL stars they have been able to call upon on, which make them in many people’s eyes dark horses. France on paper are possibly the 4th best nation on the planet, does it help with the majority of the squad been from one club side? If they realise their potential and play to the level they are capable of surely they will be dead certs to complete the 4?

The other home nation in with a shot of the semis is Wales, remember the semi in 2000 against Australia, probably my most favourite half of rugby ever. Since then they have lost a lot of experience but have some good new blood coming through and the Welsh also have an uncanny knack of raising there game when pulling on the red shirt.

My prediction of Quarter Finalists: Australia, England, France, New Zealand, Samoa, Tonga Papua New Guinea & Wales.

Semi Finalists: Australia, England, New Zealand & God only knows??

Finalists: I don’t want to tempt fate.

All this bodes well for some exciting evenly matched games, they may be a few blow out scores, when Australia are involved but hopefully not by too many, although we can’t let that distract from what a great spectacle this tournament is going to be.

I for one can’t wait for the 26th October. I hope you are all going to at least one game to show your support to what will be the greatest tournament the greatest game has ever seen.

#2 donny donny

donny donny
  • Coach
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:21 PM

My prediction of Quarter Finalists: Australia, England, France, New Zealand, Samoa, Tonga Papua New Guinea & Wales.

It definitely wont be those 8 in the quarters. It has to be 3 teams from Group A, 3 from Group B and 1 each from groups C and D. Replace Samoa with Fiji and they are probably the most likely quarter finalists.

If results go as predicted your probably looking at New Zealand v Tonga, Australia v Wales, England v PNG and France v Fiji for the quarters.

If I had to go out on a limb I would say that Fiji would beat France and will make the semis so they will be a repeat of the 2008 ones.

All just guess work though, hopefully there will be a few surprises.

#3 Yorkie44

Yorkie44
  • Coach
  • 346 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

Oh aye yeah Fiji for Samoa then, yeah it's a tough one I suppose it depends on the opening results if we beat Aus that'll throw a spanner in the works

#4 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

Moses said come fourth.  So I'm guessing it will be the side with the best biblical knowledge.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users