England Ellis RLWC

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:14 AM

have abit of respect.....gareth has been one of our best players during the last 10 years...
  • dkw likes this

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#22 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:56 AM

have abit of respect.....gareth has been one of our best players during the last 10 years...

+1

#23 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:44 AM

He was outstanding for the majority of his time in the NRL and always played well for England/GB. I wonder if the injuries this season have had an influence on this decision.

#24 Emosi Koloto

Emosi Koloto
  • Coach
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:09 AM

Ellis has been a great player and i think he still has a lot to offer.

But i ask the question, which English players have actually returned to Super League from the NRL as better players or enhanced the game over there ?

Gaz Ellis

Mark Flanagan

Keith Mason

Ian Sibbit

Mark Edmonson

Chris Thorman

Richard Mathers

Jordan Tansey

It would be interesting to see if some of the younger players such as Daniel Smith and Matty Russell who have spent time in the Holden Cup would make an impact in SL if given the chance. 

Everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

#25 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

Ellis has been a great player and i think he still has a lot to offer. But i ask the question, which English players have actually returned to Super League from the NRL as better players or enhanced the game over there ? Gaz EllisMark FlanaganKeith MasonIan SibbitMark EdmonsonChris ThormanRichard MathersJordan Tansey It would be interesting to see if some of the younger players such as Daniel Smith and Matty Russell who have spent time in the Holden Cup would make an impact in SL if given the chance.

Of that lot, Gaz Ellis apart, they were all run around players over here, before they went to Oz. A question of Wakey, Salford etc over here, or lower grade over there with a bit of sun on your back. Know which I'd choose despite the lure of Westgate on a Friday night!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users