Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Prop

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:09 AM

I've taken this from the main forum " Free to a good home"

Hi Guys ,
Hope you can help, im living in Montenegro and have an involvement here in the inferior code which has some great talent all of which is suited to RL.
There is a 6ft 1" 18 stone prop forward 23 years old who has great strength, pace, vision , hands and a strong warrior instinct.
He wants to come to the UK to live and breathe Rugby and find some work at the same time, I employ him here as a landscaper but would be an excellent labourer ; he actually is extremely intelligent and speaks perfect english.
As a prop in our game he would be your biggest nightmare as he would come at you all day long!
He needs a club with a strong training ethos, gym etc, I will pay for his flights; really hope I can find a solution before I push him to the dark side!!!
Any help welcome, he has EU passport now.

We could do with some cover in the front row.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#2 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:58 AM

Could we seriously not look into this. I know it's a long shot but potentially we could get a brilliant player on very cheap wages.

#3 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:01 AM

Give him a trial in pre season friendlies and see how he goes, we need a few big props

#4 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:50 AM

maybe worth a shot

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#5 JC3

JC3
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:32 PM

Definitely no harm in playing him in pre-season

#6 Alias

Alias
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

If we get an overseas licence is this something a supporters group could finance ? There was talk of paying a players wages through this on another post ? Just a thought ..

#7 scrumhalf

scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 972 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

If we get an overseas licence is this something a supporters group could finance ? There was talk of paying a players wages through this on another post ? Just a thought ..

not sure of the standard of rugby in montenegro better look closer to home

#8 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

not sure of the standard of rugby in montenegro better look closer to home

I went out to Serbia with England Lionhearts a few years ago and the quality wasn't that good. However that doesn't mean that there couldn't be an odd jewel to be found. It reads as though this is a risk free offer. I bet someone takes a punt.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#9 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

worky have pulled off a good deal taking Liam Mcavoy from the Rhinos youngsters set up we need to be doing the same type of thing

Lee Morton

#10 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:25 PM

We need a coach first!!! LOL !!!

Posted Image

#11 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:31 PM

We need a coach first!!! LOL !!!

Seems to be dragging on a bit now

#12 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:11 PM

no ###### wants it lol

Lee Morton

#13 JC3

JC3
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:40 AM

worky have pulled off a good deal taking Liam Mcavoy from the Rhinos youngsters set up we need to be doing the same type of thing

I think he's from there or thereabouts, must have wanted to go home

#14 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,546 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

I think he's from there or thereabouts, must have wanted to go home

liams from maryport. and was part of the town scholarship scheme before moving to bradford bulls for 2 years before moving to the rhinos. he was wanting to move home, his brother also plays for town. massive potential.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#15 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:45 PM

I went out to Serbia with England Lionhearts a few years ago and the quality wasn't that good. However that doesn't mean that there couldn't be an odd jewel to be found. It reads as though this is a risk free offer. I bet someone takes a punt.

Ask for video evident of him playing, could be worth a punt if Walney or BI want him ((if)) his standard is not quite there yet, could any smaller companies offer him 1 days graft per week each if no one can give him 40 hrs etc

You never know he could be a diamond in the rough and open a pathway between montenegro  & furness  for new talent and do our bit to help the spread of the game?

#16 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 850 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:36 PM

That's what Damien blanch did paid his own flight over here for a trial and ended up in super league for a few years,

#17 ameliasdaddy

ameliasdaddy
  • Workington
  • 134 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

Im sure I remember reading somewhere that Jason Demetriou started out similar to that, think it was chorley lynx at the time who took a punt on him.

#18 MJ

MJ
  • Coach
  • 537 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

Ask for video evident of him playing, could be worth a punt if Walney or BI want him ((if)) his standard is not quite there yet, could any smaller companies offer him 1 days graft per week each if no one can give him 40 hrs etc

You never know he could be a diamond in the rough and open a pathway between montenegro & furness for new talent and do our bit to help the spread of the game?

Makollig Jezvahted and Levdaroum DeBahzted
Steelaygot Maowenbach and Tuka Piziniztee

#19 MJ

MJ
  • Coach
  • 537 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

Video evidence make sure he don't have a twin brother remember watching an actual video of sam hanson on the way to an academy game once he looked amazin! Now sam was ok on his day but it was only a few years later when his brother came over and signed for wigan it was realised who the real star of that video may have been ha ha !!
Makollig Jezvahted and Levdaroum DeBahzted
Steelaygot Maowenbach and Tuka Piziniztee

#20 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:56 AM

Video evidence make sure he don't have a twin brother remember watching an actual video of sam hanson on the way to an academy game once he looked amazin! Now sam was ok on his day but it was only a few years later when his brother came over and signed for wigan it was realised who the real star of that video may have been ha ha !!

Lee Hansen had already been at Leigh for a year or so when Sam Hansen signed for you.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users