trap door

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:30 AM

Has anyone read this week's previews, they seem to think Skirlaugh are heading down

Afraid not we'll be there next term and hopefully for a while longer yet http://www.nationalc...ivision-preview

#2 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:29 AM

It is poor journalism based on poor maths.

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#3 beefy1

beefy1
  • Coach
  • 341 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

Was the same last week with the Division 2 Preview. Absolute nonsense!

#4 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

http://www.nationalc...on-one-round-up

Also the same here, it states that Millom secured there survival with a 20-12 win over Oulton, Millom have not secured there survival but it was a good win towards it.

#5 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:22 PM

I'm sure or Peter Moran reads this forum perhaps he can have a word, what's happened to Ryan Sparks 

#6 beefy1

beefy1
  • Coach
  • 341 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:59 AM

Ryan Sparks got a promotion. Well deserved IMO. There's another lad doing the amateur coverage now.

#7 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

Joe Whiteley is the new lad for League Weekly. I'm not sure he or Ryan ever wrote the round up/preview for the website, I could be mistaken but i was under the impression that was done by either Trevor Hunt or someone at the RFL or League Express. That said the game of the week feature in the League Weekly has been a disappointment for me this season in the actual number of clubs covered. I'm not sure what Joe's travelling capacity is but very few (if any) of the featured matches have been outside West Yorkshire.

I'm not sure what the going rate is for the guys when they are covering the NCL games but I can't imagine it is very much with the attraction to the guys that are doing it probably being in getting their work published week in week out while they are completing their studies. This seems to have been really beneficial to Ryan and he really looks to be heading in the right direction with his career. The fact that Ryan raised the bar to the next level in how the NCL was covered has left a tough act to follow.

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#8 georgehadgingerhair

georgehadgingerhair
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

Says this week Stanley Rangers could still stay up I thought the bottom three got relegated and Millom who are fourth from bottom cannot be caught.

#9 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

Says this week Stanley Rangers could still stay up I thought the bottom three got relegated and Millom who are fourth from bottom cannot be caught.

Millom are safe, Stanley, Waterhead and Saddleworth  are relegated, its Poor journalism and/or poor maths!

#10 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:50 PM

Millom are safe, Stanley, Waterhead and Saddleworth  are relegated, its Poor journalism and/or poor maths!

Neither, Dudley Hill failed their fixture last week and will automatically be relegated to Division 2 as a result - therefore only two out of the current bottom three will go down, if the division remains at 13 teams as it currently is. If there is expansion and it becomes a 14 team division then only two teams will go down (as per the NCL statement the other week) and the team that finishes bottom will be relegated along with Dudley Hill. So as the write up suggests it is actually all to play for. Saddleworth and Stanley could in theory both survive with wins.

Edited by thestatman, 17 October 2013 - 10:50 PM.

#11 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

That said it does say that St.Pats are away at West Hull when infact they are at home. A fact that is highlighted in the fixure list on the same page.

#12 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:04 AM

Neither, Dudley Hill failed their fixture last week and will automatically be relegated to Division 2 as a result - therefore only two out of the current bottom three will go down, if the division remains at 13 teams as it currently is. If there is expansion and it becomes a 14 team division then only two teams will go down (as per the NCL statement the other week) and the team that finishes bottom will be relegated along with Dudley Hill. So as the write up suggests it is actually all to play for. Saddleworth and Stanley could in theory both survive with wins.

Ahh i did not know that, this should maybe have been stated in the report to save confusing people. 

#13 Guardsman

Guardsman
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

Has a definite decision been made on BDH then ? I thought they had yet to hear.

#14 casyorkie

casyorkie
  • Coach
  • 235 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:37 AM

Think it is in the NCL rules its automatic relegation, there is no decision to make about not been relegated.

#15 thepimp007

thepimp007
  • Coach
  • 478 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:04 AM

It is in the rules and we will be in division 2 next season, the league management are still investigating the circumstances surrounding the game and all information has been passed on to them. I'm sure once they have reviewed everything a statement will be made, that said the game has been rearranged for next thursday, I think then we can draw a line under the season and move forward and hopefully have a successful season next year to try bounce back at the first attempt. Although it wont be easy as that division gets stronger by the season and especially with the sides getting promoted! Shows why the league is still the flagship competition and why clubs work so hard to strive to stay at this level.

#16 EdinburghExile

EdinburghExile
  • Coach
  • 614 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

Hopefully it won't affect the team as much as it seems to have done at Leigh East - they seem a shadow of their former strength now. Have they lost players to other Leigh teams?

#17 super_reff

super_reff
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

I think there's a lot of factors. There has been some unrest regarding coaches and the committee.

From their championship winning side, many have gone on to play semi pro (Jono Smith, Ryan Fieldhouse, Si Stephens, Gary Middlehurst). They also los John Fieldhouse who was assistant coach I think. Phil Marsden a strength and conditioning coach is now at Leigh Miners alongside winger Andrew Groves. Brad Hargreaves and Lyndon Roberston I think are both at Pats now.

Experienced established players like Kilshaw, Redford, Kay, Taylor etc have stepped down from 1st team rugby for different reasons.

Next year they have Dave Radley in charge of the 1st team who I think will bring some stability to the playing side of the club and they have a very successful U18s which they can look to bring through.

According to the NCL site, they used 57 players last season. It's always going to be hard to get form and consistency with those kinds of numbers.
www.procompress.co.uk

#18 EdinburghExile

EdinburghExile
  • Coach
  • 614 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

Thanks for the background. Transitional year then - I await next year's climb back up the ladder with interest :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users