Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Cording comes to Fev

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 JCrabtree

JCrabtree
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

Just seen we've signed Jamie Cording http://www.featherst...le.php?id=12309 Thoughts?

#2 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:44 PM

Just seen we've signed Jamie Cording http://www.featherst...le.php?id=12309 Thoughts?

Best kept secret...not.
Jamie is Fev born and bred, good lad, should do us a good job at rovers
Im Fev and im proud

#3 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:53 PM

Hudds forum would suggest they're disappointed to see him leave and that he's been unlucky with the quality of players in from of him. Sounds like he'll go well for us, and to me is just the sort of signing we should be targetting.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#4 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 682 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:46 PM

Best kept secret...not.
Jamie is Fev born and bred, good lad, should do us a good job at rovers

True Maureen,a great quality local signing , tiddler will be looking down a proud man for him .

#5 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

Seeing the names Crabtree and Cording takes me back to the fifties. Any chance of a Lambert and a Fawley, Allman, Hoyle, Tennant or even a Miller? Just to menmtion a few.

#6 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

there's a big hoyle up at railway end Colin

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#7 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

there's a big hoyle up at railway end Colin
[
Last I saw OR there was an emerging stand there. But seeing as you have seen a Hoyle I'll just take a butchers at it.

#8 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

Seeing the names Crabtree and Cording takes me back to the fifties. Any chance of a Lambert and a Fawley, Allman, Hoyle, Tennant or even a Miller? Just to menmtion a few.

I think I qualify for one of those names :-)
Im Fev and im proud

#9 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:29 PM

Sign her on! Walt and Alan both great players Incidentally I was asked about the comment I made regarding Hoyle. Joe Hoyle was a winger who played for Fev. He was a butcher who had a shop on Station Lane. Butchers is rhyming slang for look. Butcher's hook - look. Hope thay explains it.

#10 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

At least, thad talk em out of a try, Maureen.

#11 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

well  said Maureen Miller

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#12 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:57 PM

well  said Maureen Miller

Still laughing at your great sense of humour.

#13 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:18 PM

Will you please stop derailing threads and trolling
Im Fev and im proud

#14 willyboy

willyboy
  • Facebook
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:22 PM

pleased you mention Allman,  he was my uncle,  glad that he is remembered after all this time.

#15 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

pleased you mention Allman,  he was my uncle,  glad that he is remembered after all this time.

One of my favourite players. Always gave of his best. Perhaps Mark has his stats he could show you. Regards. Col

#16 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,357 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

Dick Allman was a very good stand-off who played 164 games for Featherstone between 1941 and 1949. Those were tough years for the Rovers.

I wonder if Jamie Cording is related to Ray.

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#17 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

Dick Allman was a very good stand-off who played 164 games for Featherstone between 1941 and 1949. Those were tough years for the Rovers.

I wonder if Jamie Cording is related to Ray.

No, he isn't. Mark
Im Fev and im proud

#18 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

They were tough years Mark, I remember them well. No railing around the ground then just wooden open fence like nnnn. The kids used to go on the field and have a kick around at half time. With us having a lot of miners in the area who played rugby it was because of the war years an era of guest players around the clubs. Training before Batten was twice round the field and a bit of a kick about. Just one league with a lot of lost games at Fev.

#19 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

They were tough years Mark, I remember them well. No railing around the ground then just wooden open fence like nnnn. The kids used to go on the field and have a kick around at half time. With us having a lot of miners in the area who played rugby it was because of the war years an era of guest players around the clubs. Training before Batten was twice round the field and a bit of a kick about. Just one league with a lot of lost games at Fev.

And the turn around in fortunes was all down to Abe Bullock!
My Grandad was long serving prop forward Frank Hemingway, and he was forever telling me about the time he had virtually signed for St.Helens, but Abe changed his mind and wouldn't let him go, saying the transfer fee was too low. Apparently before then Rovers were forever selling their best players for peanuts and Abe said he was going to keep them all in future and build a side instead, unless the money was good and the move was right for Featherstone Rovers.
Now that the old Bullock shed has gone, I reckon one of the new stands should be named after him. Trouble is, that would be a lost sponsorship opportunity.

#20 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

And the turn around in fortunes was all down to Abe Bullock!
My Grandad was long serving prop forward Frank Hemingway, and he was forever telling me about the time he had virtually signed for St.Helens, but Abe changed his mind and wouldn't let him go, saying the transfer fee was too low. Apparently before then Rovers were forever selling their best players for peanuts and Abe said he was going to keep them all in future and build a side instead, unless the money was good and the move was right for Featherstone Rovers.
Now that the old Bullock shed has gone, I reckon one of the new stands should be named after him. Trouble is, that would be a lost sponsorship opportunity.

Not really you could have the Abe bullock stand sponsored by ??????????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users