Hunslet and Leeds Dual Registration Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
281 replies to this topic

#1 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:39 PM

Please keep your discussions about any joint Hunslet and Leeds subjects in this thread.  This will be maintained until we're sure that you're going to behave and be able to discuss this subject without attracting all manner of frothy mouthed opinions that breach the terms and conditions of use of the forum.

As mentioned in the pinned warning, I will delete any Leeds posts anywhere else in this Hunslet forum and consider a ban for those who repeatedly fail to understand this warning.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#2 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:33 AM

My one and only opinion on this subject is this if Hunslet had duel registered with any other club than Leeds Rhinos there would not have been any of this bitterness posted. But if these objectors are members of Hist then they should air their grievances through the proper channels rather than do it on here.
chappy

#3 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:38 AM

So not only have the rhinos killed Hunslet they want to kill off the forum as well. Good luck Hunslet fans you've made your bed don't say you weren't warned

#4 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:07 AM

So not only have the rhinos killed Hunslet they want to kill off the forum as well. Good luck Hunslet fans you've made your bed don't say you weren't warned

You still don't get it do you? It's yourself and a few other trolls who have tried to kill the Hunslet forum. You and your mates can come on this thread every day all day long and ##### and complain about our dual reg agreement with Leeds to your hearts content, that then leaves the rest of the forum open to the true Hunslet supporters to have sensible and constructive discussions and disagreements on a thread without fear of it being hijacked and dragged into the same old Leeds/Hunslet argument.

#5 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:53 AM

Im done posting on the Hunslet forum wont stop me discussing rugby league on the other forums though you can bore each other and have it all to yourselves good luck see you at the matches supporting the Hawks.
chappy

#6 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:57 AM

My one and only opinion on this subject is this if Hunslet had duel registered with any other club than Leeds Rhinos there would not have been any of this bitterness posted. But if these objectors are members of Hist then they should air their grievances through the proper channels rather than do it on here.

For me Col , yes , i don't like D/R at all , the Leeds thing is just extra spice , it would be no different if it was Fev+Cas , Wigan+Leigh , the bitterness would be there with their fans , there's very little identity in sport nowadays , even Hunslet have played in Beeston for years not Hunslet , Rugby for me was finished years ago , but i can feel for both parties in this grievance , good or bad ...........if a Ref makes a decistion its no good moaning at em ,he's not gunna change his mind , whats been done as been done .............On a amateur note , ex-Sharlo.........Carl Saville and Craig Miles turned out for Old Boys last week..............

#7 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:02 AM

You still don't get it do you? It's yourself and a few other trolls who have tried to kill the Hunslet forum. You and your mates can come on this thread every day all day long and ##### and complain about our dual reg agreement with Leeds to your hearts content, that then leaves the rest of the forum open to the true Hunslet supporters to have sensible and constructive discussions and disagreements on a thread without fear of it being hijacked and dragged into the same old Leeds/Hunslet argument.

That's exactly it.  Just give people space to post things without having Leeds dragged into it yet again.  I understand how sensitive it is to some but others just want to get on with the game.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#8 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:06 AM

For me Col , yes , i don't like D/R at all , the Leeds thing is just extra spice , it would be no different if it was Fev+Cas , Wigan+Leigh , the bitterness would be there with their fans , there's very little identity in sport nowadays , even Hunslet have played in Beeston for years not Hunslet , Rugby for me was finished years ago , but i can feel for both parties in this grievance , good or bad ...........if a Ref makes a decistion its no good moaning at em ,he's not gunna change his mind , whats been done as been done .............On a amateur note , ex-Sharlo.........Carl Saville and Craig Miles turned out for Old Boys last week..............

Two top lads there Rick they had some storming games for us.You and i have the same routes in rugby mate with the amateur game i will always be up at back o wall even when our Grimmer retires.Sorry to say while ever this ###### continues to be dragged into every topic i wont be posting any more so ill watch out for your Amateur posts might see you when we play you mate
chappy

#9 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:14 AM

[Harp sound playing in the back ground]
Ooooohhhh yawn. So why have Leeds killed off Hunslet?
Was it when they sponsored some games? Handed over some alleged large cheques. Maybe it was when they brought Keinhorst, Moore, Watson, McShane, Hood etc etc in the team when we had lack lustre Hunslet players in the team? No? Must have been when Yates signed for Leeds then.
I've got it? It's because Leeds didn't give us any players in our hours of darkness I.e last 8 games or so. That's because they didn't have any to give.
Nope.
Is it because there were some rivalry years ago? But how did that kills us. Yawn. Lost for ideas.

I don't mind trolls or people stating opinions but I wish when you post things make it constructive so people know what your on about All this Leeds stuff on here - if you say "Leeds have caused us nothing but trouble" or "they have killed us off" try telling us why cos I'm sick off guessing.
One last thing. I'm not a Leeds fan before you ask.

#10 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:16 AM

Im done posting on the Hunslet forum wont stop me discussing rugby league on the other forums though you can bore each other and have it all to yourselves good luck see you at the matches supporting the Hawks.

I think your one of the few who talks sense on here. Please don't go..............

#11 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:48 AM

That's exactly it. Just give people space to post things without having Leeds dragged into it yet again. I understand how sensitive it is to some but others just want to get on with the game.

correct it's a very sensitive issue. I'm genuinely concerned about the future of the club I love. I don't trust GH as far as I could throw him. Hunslet are in a very vulnerable position as we are run by supporters and have no financial backer. I can see why we would look attractive to the rhinos and as I said I just don't trust them and I don't like being linked to them

#12 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:38 AM

I think your one of the few who talks sense on here. Please don't go..............

I'll second that Gazmeister, please reconsider suzzy your posts are always informative and interesting to read, I thought the same as you what's the point of coming on here and reading the same thing over and over again, each thread regardless of it's topic taken over by the same few people and getting dragged into the same old same old. Hopefully the forum can now get back to normal and other equally disgruntled members will once again feel it worthwhile taking part in constructive and friendly debate.

#13 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,526 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

i,ll second that, nice to know hopefully weve got the Forum back on an even keel.

Posted Image

#14 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 406 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

I uunderstand your concerns Sgt Leeds are in it for what they can get out of it but so are we I'm just a fan like you but I trust the people running the club and as a hist member I know we will never let them over the river take over our Club

#15 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

I uunderstand your concerns Sgt Leeds are in it for what they can get out of it but so are we I'm just a fan like you but I trust the people running the club and as a hist member I know we will never let them over the river take over our Club

thanks progman

#16 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 805 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:02 PM

that's the thing i can't understand about a few peoples dislike (if not even hatred) to dual reg, yes super league teams are using it to save money on the 21's, but does anyone honestly think we'd see the likes of mcshane, moore, keinhorst, singleton, etc playing for hunslet in the current position we're in? did any of them turn up thinking they were too good and didn't bother putting in any effort? the only player i thought was poor was achurch (and even he had a couple good games) but he's been poor for leeds too so to blame leeds for him is rather ridiculous.

#17 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

that's the thing i can't understand about a few peoples dislike (if not even hatred) to dual reg, yes super league teams are using it to save money on the 21's, but does anyone honestly think we'd see the likes of mcshane, moore, keinhorst, singleton, etc playing for hunslet in the current position we're in? did any of them turn up thinking they were too good and didn't bother putting in any effort? the only player i thought was poor was achurch (and even he had a couple good games) but he's been poor for leeds too so to blame leeds for him is rather ridiculous.

mr bus. I don't like dual reg but I have never criticised any rhino player that has played for us, I have stood on the top tier and praised them if anything. I work with rhino fans who slate Richard Moore and I always sing his praises for his efforts for us. I may be wrong but I am seeing a different Hunslet club lately. I do not like Leeds, never have, never will. Again I may be wrong but I don't see that we are only dual reg partners. The way dual reg was sold to me hasn't been adhered to. We have been used as a tool to get players fit whilst causing disruption to the team

#18 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:11 AM

You still don't get it do you? It's yourself and a few other trolls who have tried to kill the Hunslet forum. You and your mates can come on this thread every day all day long and ##### and complain about our dual reg agreement with Leeds to your hearts content, that then leaves the rest of the forum open to the true Hunslet supporters to have sensible and constructive discussions and disagreements on a thread without fear of it being hijacked and dragged into the same old Leeds/Hunslet argument.

... Why do you label people "troll",just cos they have an opinion that may differ to yours ?? My own agenda is to keep Hunslet As Hunslet. I wont back down or gn away , you will be aware of the Leeds R.L. coach public speech to take Hunslet over ? Now then ,is that what You want ???? From Hunslet troll 72 ...

#19 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:25 AM

...Suzzy,you may pretend to have Not seen this post, but here we are. YES Anyother club than Leeds R.L. would have been Fine by me.You d Not see Cas with Fev , Hull F.C. with Hull K.R. etc etc .As you rightly say Hunslet are Owned by H.I.S.T. And any Issues should be put through them .. I think we agree up to this point ... When Hunslet agreed to dual reg with Leeds R.L. did this MAJOR change go to A FULL VOTE Of ALL H.I.S.T. Members ????

Edited by HUNSLET72, 29 September 2013 - 09:26 AM.

#20 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:45 AM

I'll second that Gazmeister, please reconsider suzzy your posts are always informative and interesting to read, I thought the same as you what's the point of coming on here and reading the same thing over and over again, each thread regardless of it's topic taken over by the same few people and getting dragged into the same old same old. Hopefully the forum can now get back to normal and other equally disgruntled members will once again feel it worthwhile taking part in constructive and friendly debate.

.... To be Honest , Read my posts and tell me I am Wrong... People on here have stopped posting because they are Embarrassed to admit they …"backed the wrong horse"… 1 . I politely asked for help for a coach that, was out of his depth. No Action , Resulted in RELEGATION . So i was Right there .2 Many Waxed Lyrical about Dual Reg with Leeds, i think this upset team stability and spirit.(we did Win 2 games late on with No Dual reg)either way ,the D/R Failed , for whatever reason RELEGATED . . . …"THE TRUTH ALWAYS HURTS"….....

Edited by HUNSLET72, 29 September 2013 - 09:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users