Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hunslet and Leeds Dual Registration Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
281 replies to this topic

#21 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:53 AM

I uunderstand your concerns Sgt Leeds are in it for what they can get out of it but so are we I'm just a fan like you but I trust the people running the club and as a hist member I know we will never let them over the river take over our Club

...Hello Progman.As an H.I.S.T. member could you Please say if the decision to D/R with Leeds R.L. was put to a Vote of ALL H.I.S.T. members ?

#22 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:03 AM

that's the thing i can't understand about a few peoples dislike (if not even hatred) to dual reg, yes super league teams are using it to save money on the 21's, but does anyone honestly think we'd see the likes of mcshane, moore, keinhorst, singleton, etc playing for hunslet in the current position we're in? did any of them turn up thinking they were too good and didn't bother putting in any effort? the only player i thought was poor was achurch (and even he had a couple good games) but he's been poor for leeds too so to blame leeds for him is rather ridiculous.

... The point is they are Leeds R.L. players, and if I want to watch them ,i d go to Headingly .P.s. Gazmiester said mcshane went missin for 20 mins, he thought he d been taken off , just what gazmiester posted . Our own players may not bd as good ,but They are Hunslet and as such play with Pride and Passion for HUNSLET ...

Edited by HUNSLET72, 29 September 2013 - 10:05 AM.

#23 Cardigan Arms

Cardigan Arms
  • Coach
  • 536 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:55 AM

Actually Hunslet 72 people have stopped posting on here because they are sick and tired of you costantly harping on about Leeds D/R and Barry Eaton. For the record I dont like D/R or the arrangement with Leeds.I also dont rare Eaton as a coach. Nevertheless I do not post on here incessantly about this.The following are facts whether we like it or not-D/R xill be with us next year as will the arrangement with Leeds.
Barry Eaton will be coach as rightly or in my opinion wrongly he has a year left on his contract.
Please dont bother replying as I am fast losing the will to live after reading your posts.

#24 LincolnshireHawk

LincolnshireHawk
  • Players
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:15 AM

I am not a member of HIST just a fan but I think that the reality is that when the fans took over the club

and saw the stark future of the club without a 'sugar daddy' to prop up the finances then hard decisions

had to made 'quickly'. The tie in with Leeds was a shock to everyone but although some see it as the death

knell of the club others see it as our salvation at least in the short term. Until recently I would have said that

I would rather the club fold than be in 'bed' with Leeds but when you think about what that means it would be

heartbreaking for all Hunslet fans.

I appreciate the passion shown by fans who want nothing to do with Leeds or GH but they are a successful

business and have good management. We in contrast are ( at the moment ) a struggling business with

ever dwindling resources who need all the help we can get. Our board members are doing the best they can

with what meagre resources they have and what is wrong with using what Leeds offer us to 'our' best advantage.

Last season was obviously a disaster but who could have predicted Leeds injury crisis and of course they looked

after no 1 first as we would have done in the same position. If fans want to withdraw their support then I can 

respect that but cannot agree with it unless they would as I have already said prefer the club to go out of existence.

I understand that I have chosen to support a club with a few hundred fans which is trying to compete with other clubs

some who have 7 - 10 times our fan base. Personally I wouldn't change teams and if Hunslet go under then I would

not watch Rugby League again because I couldn't bring myself to support any other team. If DR is the only way we

can survive then I will swallow my pride and be pragmatic about the fact that Leeds are helping us out. We all know

that GH is doing this for the good of 'his' club and why would he care about us but that doesn't mean we can't use

the situation to Hunslet's advantage.

#25 Cardigan Arms

Cardigan Arms
  • Coach
  • 536 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:24 AM

Absolutely. An excellent post.

#26 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

... Why do you label people "troll",just cos they have an opinion that may differ to yours ?? My own agenda is to keep Hunslet As Hunslet. I wont back down or gn away , you will be aware of the Leeds R.L. coach public speech to take Hunslet over ? Now then ,is that what You want ???? From Hunslet troll 72 ...

Maybe this will help

http://www.bing.com/...&PC=HPNTDF&QS=n#

#27 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:27 PM

http://www.bing.com/...&PC=HPNTDF&QS=n#

... Thanks for that... More sense from Lincolnshire Hawk and Cardigan arms . But Gosh arent You Great with a keyboard ! ! !

#28 LincolnshireHawk

LincolnshireHawk
  • Players
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:43 PM

Hunslet72 I am a writer by trade so might wax lyrical at times, I always use 3 words for every one necessary.

#29 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:02 PM

Hunslet72 I am a writer by trade so might wax lyrical at times, I always use 3 words for every one necessary.

... Thanks. Alot of Great writers have been Persecuted for Unpopular views . Which overtime prove to be Accurate and Wellfounded ...Best of Luck to Hunslet , Hope They can Maintain their Independent Identity ....

Edited by HUNSLET72, 29 September 2013 - 03:03 PM.

#30 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

The board made the decision to D. R

#31 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:19 PM

... Thanks for that... More sense from Lincolnshire Hawk and Cardigan arms . But Gosh arent You Great with a keyboard ! ! !

You've got me beat hands down on the caps button though.

#32 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:34 PM

...Thankyou Progman for your HONEST reply.... Lets hope we dont live to Rue the day !...

#33 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,047 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

...Thankyou Progman for your HONEST reply.... Lets hope we dont live to Rue the day !...

Again,lets see evidence in BLACK AND WHITE to prove your conspiracy theory that Leeds are out to destroy Hunslet.Is it the same with all DR agreements or a re you happty to just use this one.Yes Bramley played at Headingley because they didn't have a ground,they were also bankrupt.Now you usually put 2+2 together and make 5 on that one and say Leeds were responsible for the demise of Bramley but in reality they had already gone.

Founder of the convent pontoon team.

#34 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:16 PM

The council shafted bramley and Leeds finished them off

#35 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,047 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:20 PM

The council shafted bramley and Leeds finished them off

You've got the first bit right.

Founder of the convent pontoon team.

#36 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

democracy?

#37 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

In a democracy you pick people to run things and let them get on with it

#38 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:59 PM

To... The King of Leon , And Penola..Congratulations on offerin to give your time up to Police this forum. Would you both be Willing to Answerme 4 Honest questions??? 1 .Are you board members ? 2 .Are you H.I.S.T. members ? 3 .Are you in agreement with Leeds R.L. being Hunslets DRP ? 4 .Are you in agreememt to Hunslet retaining the same Head coach that got Hunslet Relegated ? THANKING YOU For your Co.operation ....

#39 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

They are not board members as for the rest irrelevant I'm sure their personal opinions will not effect their judgment

#40 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

They are not board members as for the rest irrelevant I'm sure their personal opinions will not effect their judgment

... Their views are Critical to what they will : will not allow to be posted ... i.e. Would you want Staitheclose ,Mrbus,Hawkwindbag ,Gabby or Terrywebb.... to be Policing this Hunslet forum ???

Edited by HUNSLET72, 29 September 2013 - 08:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users