Hunslet and Leeds Dual Registration Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
281 replies to this topic

#41 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

... Their views are Critical to what they will : will not allow to be posted ... i.e. Would you want Staitheclose ,Mrbus,Hawkwindbag ,Gabby or Terrywebb.... to be Policing this Hunslet forum ???

I understand your concerns completely if you have an issue I would suggest you contact John Drake or CKN. they are moderators here to make sure the site is clean and legal they won't have the power to delete posts if they don't agree with them

#42 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

In a democracy you pick people to run things and let them get on with it

fair enough

#43 staitheclosehawk

staitheclosehawk
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:52 PM

I understand your concerns completely if you have an issue I would suggest you contact John Drake or CKN. they are moderators here to make sure the site is clean and legal they won't have the power to delete posts if they don't agree with them

Oh yes they will if the trolling continues.

Edited by staitheclosehawk, 29 September 2013 - 09:53 PM.

#44 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:29 AM

... Their views are Critical to what they will : will not allow to be posted ... i.e. Would you want Staitheclose ,Mrbus,Hawkwindbag ,Gabby or Terrywebb.... to be Policing this Hunslet forum ???

I would do , rather than you policing this forum, as we would all die or boredom from the  duel reg debate, which you like to drag on more than the ongoing SALE at DFS sofas , and that takes some doing.

#45 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:35 AM

I am not a member of HIST just a fan but I think that the reality is that when the fans took over the club

and saw the stark future of the club without a 'sugar daddy' to prop up the finances then hard decisions

had to made 'quickly'. The tie in with Leeds was a shock to everyone but although some see it as the death

knell of the club others see it as our salvation at least in the short term. Until recently I would have said that

I would rather the club fold than be in 'bed' with Leeds but when you think about what that means it would be

heartbreaking for all Hunslet fans.

I appreciate the passion shown by fans who want nothing to do with Leeds or GH but they are a successful

business and have good management. We in contrast are ( at the moment ) a struggling business with

ever dwindling resources who need all the help we can get. Our board members are doing the best they can

with what meagre resources they have and what is wrong with using what Leeds offer us to 'our' best advantage.

Last season was obviously a disaster but who could have predicted Leeds injury crisis and of course they looked

after no 1 first as we would have done in the same position. If fans want to withdraw their support then I can 

respect that but cannot agree with it unless they would as I have already said prefer the club to go out of existence.

I understand that I have chosen to support a club with a few hundred fans which is trying to compete with other clubs

some who have 7 - 10 times our fan base. Personally I wouldn't change teams and if Hunslet go under then I would

not watch Rugby League again because I couldn't bring myself to support any other team. If DR is the only way we

can survive then I will swallow my pride and be pragmatic about the fact that Leeds are helping us out. We all know

that GH is doing this for the good of 'his' club and why would he care about us but that doesn't mean we can't use

the situation to Hunslet's advantage.

I have gone to the big screen and awarded a try for this post.

#46 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:09 AM

I would do , rather than you policing this forum, as we would all die or boredom from the duel reg debate, which you like to drag on more than the ongoing SALE at DFS sofas , and that takes some doing.

... Nice one .Point taken. I Dont have a problem with D/R. ... History shows Leeds R.L. Never help anyone.They think they ARE Rugby League ... Luckily for Us all teams like Wigan can bring them down to earth ... They ll know how We feel. Any other team would be fine....

#47 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:27 AM

funnily enough at least 1 of those members was asked, so seems its you in the wrong not them

Edited by noname6, 30 September 2013 - 06:28 AM.

#48 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:53 AM

funnily enough at least 1 of those members was asked, so seems its you in the wrong not them

... according to John Drake ,moderatorS came forward , the S means , More than 1 . Noname6 back to school !!!!

#49 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 933 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:20 AM

Hunslet72 I am a writer by trade so might wax lyrical at times, I always use 3 words for every one necessary.

The future is secure then Lincs. Just get that international best-seller penned and get on the board !!  ;) 

#50 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:30 AM

... Nice one .Point taken. I Dont have a problem with D/R. ... History shows Leeds R.L. Never help anyone.They think they ARE Rugby League ... Luckily for Us all teams like Wigan can bring them down to earth ... They ll know how We feel. Any other team would be fine....

Really,in your blinkered opinion yes.As for the comment "teams like Wigan",don't you think that's a little patronising to one,if not the most succesful club in Rugby League history.I  think your non existent argument isn't against DR,just the Leeds club in general.Again,it's about time you backed up your claims with BLACK AND WHITE eveidence.It's getting tedious in the extreme.

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 30 September 2013 - 07:33 AM.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#51 LincolnshireHawk

LincolnshireHawk
  • Players
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:01 AM

I am afraid my wife has first div's on the money I make from the books Hawkwingbag I write, its only people like JK Rowlings

who make a fortune from my game. If I had a fortune to spend i'd set up a alternative league in opposition to Super League

and cast the big clubs adrift and having been in the top league would disqualify you from entering my 'Fantastic League'.

#52 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:29 PM

I am afraid my wife has first div's on the money I make from the books Hawkwingbag I write, its only people like JK Rowlings

who make a fortune from my game. If I had a fortune to spend i'd set up a alternative league in opposition to Super League

and cast the big clubs adrift and having been in the top league would disqualify you from entering my 'Fantastic League'.

So your a fictional writer then (top league) , What books have you written !..... Just curious

#53 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 933 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:29 PM

The first line of your post has a very familiar ring to it ...

and in fact the rest of it resonates with me as well !!  

But if a former production assistant on "Later With Jools Holland" can make £60 million out of "50 Shades" then there's hope for anyone ...

#54 LincolnshireHawk

LincolnshireHawk
  • Players
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

No I write military history and if you want to google me my name is Philip Jowett just put in an image search

and all my books come up. By the way this is not an advertisement! 

#55 Penola

Penola
  • 610 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

No I write military history and if you want to google me my name is Philip Jowett just put in an image search
and all my books come up. By the way this is not an advertisement!

You nearly got moderated there for a sales pitch LOL

#56 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

is the dual red with leeds continuing next season ?

yes

#57 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

You nearly got moderated there for a sales pitch LOL

Ha Ha , Be careful or you'll be getting the Chinese water torture treatment...............

#58 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:09 PM

GREETINGS ALL .Well I feel ive been to Heaven and back . The 2 most Hated teams in sport getting Hammered ! LIVING THE DREAM… ITS GREAT TO BE ALIVE………

#59 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

GREETINGS ALL .Well I feel ive been to Heaven and back . The 2 most Hated teams in sport getting Hammered ! LIVING THE DREAM… ITS GREAT TO BE ALIVE………

Isn't this thread supposed to be about dual registration?

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#60 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

It's the only thread for Hunslet and Leeds posts so I guess it is on the correct one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users