RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hunslet and Leeds Dual Registration Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
281 replies to this topic

#141 Cardigan Arms

Cardigan Arms
  • Coach
  • 523 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

Last season any Leeds player playing for Hunslet received our winning pay match terms if we won. This was paid by Hunslet. The Leeds players received nothing if we lost.There is no way that we are going to pay £500 a week for a win. That is totally unsustainable with reduced crowds a lack of away support, less matches and a lower entrance fee.
The board know what they are doing and have budgeted accordingly.

#142 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

Last season any Leeds player playing for Hunslet received our winning pay match terms if we won. This was paid by Hunslet. The Leeds players received nothing if we lost.There is no way that we are going to pay £500 a week for a win. That is totally unsustainable with reduced crowds a lack of away support, less matches and a lower entrance fee.

thanks for clearing that up I can't see us paying as much as 300 a win never mind 500. I would have thought that Leeds would pay the dual reg players as we are doing them a favour by playing them and helping them get fit

#143 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 7,707 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

thanks for clearing that up I can't see us paying as much as 300 a win never mind 500. I would have thought that Leeds would pay the dual reg players as we are doing them a favour by playing them and helping them get fit

And Hunslet received a nice amount in matchday sponsorship from Leeds.It works both ways.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.

#144 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

And Hunslet received a nice amount in matchday sponsorship from Leeds.It works both ways.

fair point but let's face it Leeds can afford it and we could do with saving as much as we can maybe it's something the board could negotiate

#145 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 7,707 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

fair point but let's face it Leeds can afford it and we could do with saving as much as we can maybe it's something the board could negotiate

I think Hunslet may have made more from matchday sponsorship than they paid out in winning pay to Leeds players.Maybe Leeds will pay the DR players winning pay now that they have dropped down a division,smaller crowds mean smaller income.

#146 Hawksnest

Hawksnest
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:15 PM

We are not allowed to pay them they get paid by Leeds

#147 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

72 Leeds players don't get paid by hunslet what other ###### are you going to come out with, I bet all the board members get paid thousands? Kevin sinfield will be kicking our goals next season what other rubbish can I think of. Stop moaning and do some thing for the club. Yawn

... You MISS my point Hawksnest . Please let me try explain ...with Hunslet Sqaud players Only getting paid ,if they Play AND WIN . Will B.E. Risk upsetting Squad And Team Spirit by NOT selecting a player that has turned up 3 times a week for training , in Favour of Using a Leeds R.L. player...Thats the Big question . We All know that Leeds pay their own . Hope YOU are able to understand this ...1

#148 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

I think Hunslet may have made more from matchday sponsorship than they paid out in winning pay to Leeds players.Maybe Leeds will pay the DR players winning pay now that they have dropped down a division,smaller crowds mean smaller income.

... Please dont overlook the ONE HUNDRED And TWENTY THOUSAND POUNDS ....£.120,000 ... Leeds R.L. saved by Not having an A team... £.120,000...! ! !

#149 Cardigan Arms

Cardigan Arms
  • Coach
  • 523 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:32 AM

Two facts here Hunslet paid the Leeds players or Leeds winning pay if we won.
Hunslet players were given losing pay when we lost. Leeds/Leeds players were given nought for a defeat.

#150 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 7,707 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:23 AM

... Please dont overlook the ONE HUNDRED And TWENTY THOUSAND POUNDS ....£.120,000 ... Leeds R.L. saved by Not having an A team... £.120,000...! ! !

Most of which has gone towards setting up the Leeds Rugby Foundation,to get more kids playing Rugby League,of which Hunslet use to get kids involved in the sport.

#151 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 7,707 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:24 AM

We are not allowed to pay them they get paid by Leeds

Who is right.

#152 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:53 AM

Who is right.

so did the Leeds players get paid twice?

#153 staitheclosehawk

staitheclosehawk
  • Players
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

[quote name="terrywebbisgod" post="2805794" timestamp="1381389796"]

Most of which has gone towards setting up the Leeds Rugby Foundation,to get more kids playing Rugby League,of which Hunslet use to get kids involved in the sport.[/quote
Correct and the same LRF that funds the clubs development posts.

#154 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:53 AM

so did the Leeds players get paid twice?

You only get paid twice if your a schizophrenic............

#155 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:29 AM

Its making for a Great season . Expectations are RIGHTLY In The HEAVENS....A Reputation on the line.... GOOD LUCK TO ALL ....

#156 Hawksnest

Hawksnest
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

Hunslet 72 don't understand anything you say because none of it is fact?

#157 Hawksnest

Hawksnest
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

Leeds 72 seems a better option. Chuckle. :-)

#158 staitheclosehawk

staitheclosehawk
  • Players
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:32 PM

Its making for a Great season . Expectations are RIGHTLY In The HEAVENS....A Reputation on the line.... GOOD LUCK TO ALL ....

Too many buns on the happy bus O:-)

#159 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

Too many buns on the happy bus O:-)

Gaz don't bring me into it , if Huns 72 is who i think it is , he declined a Mr.Kipling lol

#160 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

Gaz don't bring me into it , if Huns 72 is who i think it is , he declined a Mr.Kipling lol

... Good call...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users