Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The Invisible Man

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:46 PM

Oldham players literally havent touched Crook once in the entire fist 40 mins ........whereas Palfrey when kicking has been put under pressure numerous times by Hornets. . . . simple observation .. . .  I can only assume the Oldham players can not see him . . . . :tongue:

Posted Image

#2 roughyed

roughyed
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

Rochdale didn't make any errors at all it surely isn't rocket science stop Crook,s kicks and you stop them he kicked Oldham to death nothing's changed with Oldham this coach has achieved nothing exactly the same as Benson.Hornets were the best team all through the game and fully deserved the win,where do Oldham go from here another season in the back and beyond of Rugby League and after today's display being watched by even less fans ,all in all another let down.Had they won today the stay always or most of them would have been tempted back,it's time now C.H had a good look at his self and consider his position.

#3 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 316 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:19 PM

Oh look the negatives cant wait to jump on a defeat how many times u two been all season out of interest?

#4 Through Thick and Thin

Through Thick and Thin
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

So roughyed, Hamilton walks away, what then? I'm not particularly a supporter of Hamilton but I'm keen to know what plans you have in place?

#5 Segovia Carpet

Segovia Carpet
  • Coach
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

Being realistic Hornets - although worthy winners - will get hammered home and away by most of the Championship sides. There is a Gulf between SL & CC & chasm between CC & CC1. Personally dont like Naylors tactics and with some decent threequarters he should have built his game on them - not the pack!

#6 ArthurDaley

ArthurDaley
  • Coach
  • 493 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

Rochdale didn't make any errors at all it surely isn't rocket science stop Crook,s kicks and you stop them he kicked Oldham to death nothing's changed with Oldham this coach has achieved nothing exactly the same as Benson.Hornets were the best team all through the game and fully deserved the win,where do Oldham go from here another season in the back and beyond of Rugby League and after today's display being watched by even less fans ,all in all another let down.Had they won today the stay always or most of them would have been tempted back,it's time now C.H had a good look at his self and consider his position.

One piece of good news for CH, he wont have to sell the family jewels to pay for ground improvements. Now that you are staying in the bottom division.

200979_121336.jpg

A large VAT Dave please.

Allso known as Teodozjusz Matuschanskavasky

#7 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 754 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:21 AM

Thought the Oldham Fullback put a good shift in,(reminded me of PO`C)but the Roughyeds no longer seem to have an expansive game in the locker( ie passing the ball) It was reminiscent of the first game of this season at hornets (Law Cup). cant fault them for physicality bravery and fitness, but I couldnt describe it as entertaining in the way the squad did a few seasons ago. I would have liked Mo Agoro to burst back at speed when kick returning...but thats just me!

#8 m brooksy

m brooksy
  • Coach
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:36 AM

Poor Mo was out on his feet after making a huge amount of carries and chasing back Crook's kicks. Yesterdays game needed one of the half backs to step up at 18-12 get another try and then keep Rochdale in their own half. We just couldn't manage it and Rochdale deserved to win.

Individually I thought Danny Langtree was absolutely immense as he has been all season. How we have signed for next year is beyond me as he could easily be a stand out in the Championship. Lepori was once again excellent but was forced to make too many carries off our own line rather than in their half which was a theme throughout.

Hopefully for next year we can sign the majority of this squad whilst adding some quality at Prop, Centre and especially at scrum half. Hughes has done a decent job filling in but we really need some quality there next year if we want to win the league.

#9 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 188 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:46 AM

We need two half backs with experience as a starter plus a few more backs rather than forwards.

We will have to see how many more want to sign.

Will we top the table next season as that's the only way we will get promoted, I doubt it with York and Hunslet to play and the new clubs who have come in this year can only get better.

#10 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:52 AM

Oh look the negatives cant wait to jump on a defeat how many times u two been all season out of interest?

about two more than the 3,000 to 4,000 that have deserted Oldham since CH took over ........a lot less obviously than the hardy 437 that turned up against Skolars . . .  and by the way that post was done at half time , with 40 mins left to put things right , at just 12-12 . . . .

Posted Image

#11 mbna

mbna
  • Players
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:56 PM

I reckon CH haters should pack up their comments. and lose themselves in a hobby at weekends lol

Edited by mbna, 30 September 2013 - 09:09 PM.

#12 mbna

mbna
  • Players
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:59 PM

CH is a top bloke!

Edited by mbna, 30 September 2013 - 09:03 PM.

#13 sheddings69

sheddings69
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

I reckon CH haters should pack up their comments. and lose themselves in a hobby at weekends lol

I think most of them have

#14 tub

tub
  • Coach
  • 264 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:33 PM

Can't knock us for effort yesterday, thought they all did their best but we are one dimensional in attack with Palfrey just lobbing it up on the 5th tackle.

Both packs cancelled each other out until the latter stages the difference between the sides were the halves. Crooks a class act and his kicking game was a league apart, Palfrey I'm not sure about, but he could sure do with a partner to take some of the pressure off , young Kenny Hughes works hard but doesn't offer enough in attack, maybe he'll improve in time. 

Also got to agree that Agoro looked pedestrian and never offered a threat while Ford and Bloomfield didn't see enough of the ball

We've a decent team of grafters just need a bit of magic in key areas.

#15 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 343 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:16 AM

Agree tub we need a Scrum half, Kenny Hughes has done a great job filling in but he's a hooker and doesn't have a kicking game. That has put more pressure on Lewis. I see we've signed Danny Whitmore, is he the answer?

#16 tub

tub
  • Coach
  • 264 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:07 PM

Again not sure if Whitty is a 7 ?  He has good pace but has always played his best at hooker as his distribution isn't in say,  Roden's class.

Maybe at this level he'll be good enough ....hope so !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users