Yes, yes, yes...

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 213 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:51 PM

and it's not Oldham.  32-18 - great performance - well done Hornets. I can hardly type

#2 jananbillingsbarmyarmy

jananbillingsbarmyarmy
  • Coach
  • 269 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:58 PM

Well done great result need to bring in as many players as possible for next season thou

#3 HOLYMOLY

HOLYMOLY
  • Coach
  • 261 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

Congrats everyone,well played

#4 Expat exile

Expat exile
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

Great performance to top off an amazing season!

Let the Coaching staff (especially) and team be judged on whether promotion is achieved or not we said - when it was all getting a bit 'unsportsmanlike' not so long ago!

Say no more...

Anyway, let's put all that behind us, all have a beer at the club and march on together!

#5 3feathers

3feathers
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:06 PM

Congrats Hornets, you are deserved winners. I look forward to the Crusaders visit next year

#6 Snoopy Loopy

Snoopy Loopy
  • Coach
  • 478 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:31 PM

Excellent performance from the team and how fitting that a Rochdale lad that's given so much to this team Wayne English rounded off the scoring

Well done lads!

#7 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

congratulations from Workington.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#8 LionessTaz

LionessTaz
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:42 PM

Well Done to the lads on the win and promotion 

#9 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

Best day for a long time, I thought we'd thrown it away when they went in front after half time, thank god we didn't go to pieces.

Seeing the Biffs leaves early was the icing on the cake.

Judge the team and Talbot after the end of the season the faithful said, I know what I think and my judgement is  :girlinlove:

Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#10 roughyed8

roughyed8
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:14 PM

Congratulations hornets, best team on the day won.

#11 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:14 PM

It's hard to describe how I feel at the moment.

Emotional, humble and above all proud. The lads, especially the head coach, have taken some ###### this season from people who have been anonymous since the fortunes looked on the up and they can now hold their heads up high and say 'Job done!'

It's always unfair to pick out the few from the many but special mentions must go to Hough, Crook, English and Cookson who have been the backbone of the team but everyone has played their part and today was the culmination of a very hard season.

The lads can look forward to their celebrations tomorrow and they will go down in Hornets folk-lore as members of the Promotion Squad.

I look forward to the club selling signed copies of the Cup Celebrations as that will go on my wall straight away.

The work begins for next season from now and I hope everybody will dump their agendas and join the co-op to give the club the best chance of signing players of the calibre needed to keep us up in the Championship.

WELL DONE EVERYBODY!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#12 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 213 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:22 PM

Now that I think I have calmed down a little on this massive win and promotion, just a few words:

I was one of those feeling that we were losing our way, especially after the 3 successive away defeats and our tendency to switch off at crucial times.

So, congrats IT , the coaching team and players for addressing the problems in time for the meaningful time of the season.

A lot of work ahead, but enjoy the well deserved celebrations, parade the Final trophy around the town ( but don't overspill too far down Oldham Road) and let's hope we can build on this great afternoon for the club and its loyal supporters.

Attendance on BBC Sports says 6800 - presumably not all from Rochdale!?

#13 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

Congratulations Rochdale!!!!

Posted Image

#14 excolt

excolt
  • Players
  • 93 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:33 PM

Fantastic display, well done to all at Hornets.Grown men around me in tears, that's what it means.A great day a pity Oldham cant come up with us, maybe a bit to over confident.

#15 amh

amh
  • 11,086 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:36 PM

Congratulations!!

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#16 Hatter Hornet

Hatter Hornet
  • Players
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

Well done Hornets. decided to go at the last minute and so glad i did. Was great to see so many Hornets fans that have been watching them for years so happy. Many years of hard work by many people since the new Hornets is starting to pay off. well done all

#17 Expat exile

Expat exile
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

Now that I think I have calmed down a little on this massive win and promotion, just a few words:

I was one of those feeling that we were losing our way, especially after the 3 successive away defeats and our tendency to switch off at crucial times.
So, congrats IT , the coaching team and players for addressing the problems in time for the meaningful time of the season.

A lot of work ahead, but enjoy the well deserved celebrations, parade the Final trophy around the town ( but don't overspill too far down Oldham Road) and let's hope we can build on this great afternoon for the club and its loyal supporters.

Attendance on BBC Sports says 6800 - presumably not all from Rochdale!?

#18 Expat exile

Expat exile
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:09 PM

It's great to see some genuine humility...

Maybe the author or this little gem would be man enough to front - up.

Is Ian Talbot satisfied with the lack of progression at the club since his arrival and are the board members, considering the training and player facilities are the best they have ever been?

What say you FDT?

#19 ormskirknet

ormskirknet
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

Give it a rest Expat.

Lets enjoy the moment, it's been an awful long time in coming.

Brilliant bloody brilliant!

Congratulations to the players, coach and staff best day of my life as a Hornets fan

Edited by ormskirknet, 29 September 2013 - 07:17 PM.

#20 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

Good on getting promotion , but as a fan of a team who came up last year the hard work starts now . That league and this is chalk and cheese . Every week is super duper tough , the hardest game this year is the easiest next ... We had to play Batley , Sheffield and Fev in 7 days . But it's tremendous and you wouldn't swap it for the world !! Spotland is a gem to visit , top day when the fixtures come out and the excitement ( and reality ! ) starts !!

Edited by DavidM, 29 September 2013 - 07:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users