Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Coach and Players.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 parky

parky
  • Coach
  • 281 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:57 PM

Would "Somebody" confirm if the coach has been appointed and who are the players who have

resigned up for next season and any new signings. What is the problem or secret and why the delay.

#2 Furryenzo

Furryenzo
  • Coach
  • 913 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

Its probably not a secret, there is just probably no coach or players. One worrying quote from the league express called Paul Kidd the 'coach'.

Im only smiling because `no-one`'s found the bodies yet.

#3 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 327 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:26 PM

Whilst periods of silence and inactivity are worrying for the fan, (and there is a track record from last year as regards inactivity which resulted in DR announcement).....The Championship season did only finish yesterday and super league yet to finish.

“Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.” Lao Tzu

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#4 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 250 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:36 PM

Today's League Express reports that they "understand" Gary Chambers is unlikely be retained and that Ian Watson may take over as coach.  They report that Paul Kidd has said there are more meetings this week on a ground for next season and again player signings will be announced shortly. Not much to go on but as the Club remain silent we fans will just have to wait and see as usual.

#5 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 919 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

Today's League Express reports that they "understand" Gary Chambers is unlikely be retained and that Ian Watson may take over as coach. They report that Paul Kidd has said there are more meetings this week on a ground for next season and again player signings will be announced shortly. Not much to go on but as the Club remain silent we fans will just have to wait and see as usual.

'Unlikely to be retained'?
More likely doesnt want to stay!

Silence is always the way at this club!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#6 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

'Unlikely to be retained'?
More likely doesnt want to stay!
Silence is always the way at this club!

. Yes but why is that so? And what does it achieve apart from rumour and conjecture.

#7 G.B.

G.B.
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

The LE item does not say that Gary Chambers is unlikely to be retained - it says that he is unlikely to remain at the club

#8 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:17 AM

Until the last match of the season people were "reserving judgement"on Gary Chambers. Now we have consternation that he is leaving. ....

#9 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 250 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:35 AM

As far as I'm concerned it's more disappointment and not consternation that he is not remaining with us, if that proves to be the case, as I would have liked to see him continue what he had started in rebuilding the team. 

#10 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:15 AM

Oh I'm disappointed too dummy scissors.
I'll be really disappointed if the rumour is true and he isn't staying.
But are we in danger of becoming our own worst enemies as fans?

#11 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 327 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

Good post Mark - we are our own worst enemies.

My concern is always simple - that the club survives - the rest is then a bonus.

There should be long term plans for the club and shorter term plans developed from that long term plan. The long term plan should come first and I would hope that is what the club are presently working on. Next years team/coach is a short term plan that would only last one year (we just do not contract players for any longer).

If we are unable to compete on the pitch in the Championship next year we will be relegated into a league which might just be our level (with present resources) and which will, I suspect, be highly competitive at "our" level.

Ultimately, of course we will need a coach and players signed up but until we understand the where the club is financially, where we will be playing, what options are available etc etc  -  then it is difficult to judge and could I suggest much too early to do so.

Do we know if the partnership with Warrington has ceased? Do we know if we have a partnership with any club for next year? Vital information in signing up next years squad?

Other clubs do seem to be announcing "signings" or "re-signings" for 2014 but can I risk everyone's wrath and suggest that it is very early days yet.

The glass is still half full... :D

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#12 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

I often post in a positive manner despite not feeling positive just to provide an alternative opinion and in true Philh style to be bloody minded and controversial. Often I agree with the critical moaning post I might just have read
However on this occasion you can read from people worrying about chambers departure despite the general consensus at the conclusion of the season that they'd reserve judgement until early next season! How very generous.
Whilst I don't doubt the man has thick skin I'm sure there is an element of "why did I bother."
I hope we get an update soon. I'll be patient a bit longer yet though. ..it is only September.

Edited by mark richardson, 01 October 2013 - 02:07 PM.

#13 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 919 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

If it comes to pass that he doesn't stay then I'd be really interested in the reasons why.

As he's a head teacher in Little Hulton then it certainly isnt the travelling!

Could it be a failure to agree personal terms?
Could it be that he isn't able to strengthen the squad?
Could it be the criticism he received from posters on here?

Whether it is any of these or non at all, if you're reading this Gary, just sign on the dotted line and continue next season where you left off.......please?

#14 Chembo

Chembo
  • Players
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:44 PM

Been following with interest the swinton forum most of your supporters are a loyal bunch and are let down by one or two individuals ,Gary has given his all to swinton which I know ,why doesn't someone ask him the situation at swinton ,which I'm sure he will give an honest answer

#15 GLENNGARY

GLENNGARY
  • Coach
  • 233 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:50 PM

I don't believe it's criticism from fans on this forum as to why Gary hasn,t put pen to paper. I think it's all to do with money. What worries me though is if he signs for another club will he take some of the players he brought to the lions with him.that could leave us in a very sticky situation.

#16 Chembo

Chembo
  • Players
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

As I said he's a loyal man ,and would only want best for swinton I'm sure

#17 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 919 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

Been following with interest the swinton forum most of your supporters are a loyal bunch and are let down by one or two individuals ,Gary has given his all to swinton which I know ,why doesn't someone ask him the situation at swinton ,which I'm sure he will give an honest answer

How would we be able to contact him?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users