Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Known facts about Sheffield

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Goooonnnnnnnnnnnnn Sean

Goooonnnnnnnnnnnnn Sean
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

1) They have no ground
2) They have circa 15 fans
3) They only have money provided by awful corporate sponsors who don't have a clue and ditto the rfl (capitals omitted).
4) No-one likes them - including the whole city of Sheffield.

#2 budgiezilla

budgiezilla
  • Coach
  • 183 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

5) They won the championship Grand Final today,

#3 London Dick

London Dick
  • Coach
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

They have a well drilled team with great strike players
"If you want us to be the best and if you want us to beat the rest, a BISSA donation is what we need"

#4 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

Yeah well done Sheffield excellent second half that snuffed out any threat the bulldogs could conjour. Big shame the city won't.join in the success that Aston has built. It was apparent by the fact both Rochdale and Oldham had bigger support and were eclipsed by the 2500 noisy dogs fans.

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#5 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:12 PM

6. They were a better side than us today when it really counted
7. They probably deserved to be Champions (again)
8. No matter what people think of him, they have the best head coach in the Division

BTW, hope the RFL throw the book at Taulapapa when they replay that incident. What an absolute cock-end.

Edited by Chairman LMAO, 29 September 2013 - 08:13 PM.

#6 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,076 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:36 AM

1) They have no ground
2) They have circa 15 fans
3) They only have money provided by awful corporate sponsors who don't have a clue and ditto the rfl (capitals omitted).
4) No-one likes them - including the whole city of Sheffield.

WTF  :fool:

#7 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:31 AM

BTW, hope the RFL throw the book at Taulapapa when they replay that incident. What an absolute cock-end.

How did you see it ?

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#8 BirstallDog

BirstallDog
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:55 AM

tbh by the shocked looked on his face, i really do not think he realised what he had done..just a very foolish and naive action.

He got an early shower along with a number of his team mates...

#9 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:03 AM

It was just a burst of emotion I reckon.  Games done, they won, bring on #2014

SIGNATURE

#10 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:26 AM

Well done Sheffield excellent second half display, think we put everything into the first half despite this I was very proud of our boys and the amazing support.

Edited by Bat Lad, 30 September 2013 - 01:35 PM.

#11 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:59 AM

How did you see it ?

Er, because I was at the game?

#12 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

Er, because I was at the game?

Well, yes.  I was asking for your account of what you saw .....

#13 phildog

phildog
  • 292 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:33 PM

What I saw was this; Battye should  have walked for the high tackle. Normally a tackle will hit around the upper chest/shoulder/ball and slide up,that was a direct head hit. (they also got away with another early in the 2nd half). Batley had a try disallowed in the 2nd half when the ball came clear of a tackle and clearly travelled backwards before being put down over the line. Batley were denied possession 15 metres from the Eagles line when their dummy half purposely threw the ball at a Batley tackler regaining his feet and who wasn't even looking at the ball therefore couldn't be accused of interference. Greg Johnson clearly had both feet off the ground when playing the ball back infield. Those were 4 incidents which clearly affected the pattern of play, each and every one to the benefit of Eagles. Then the final insult- MOM going to Brambani, who was played off the park by Ben Black, in his kicking, his handling and the 2 amazing breaks he made. Greenwood, Walton, Rowe and Hirst were far more noticeable than their opposite numbers and all had far more outstanding games than brambani, who could only kick 1 goal as it was near the posts, as opposed to Gaz Moore who throughout the play-offs has potted his goals from all over. All the boys and girls of the press corps were clearly watching a different game to the rest of us. Eagles played for 20 minutes, got their break from the (wrong) Johnson decision and the rest as they say is history, but history doesn't always tell the true story!

#14 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 556 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

we were stood directly in front of QLT as he scored and i have no qualms about what he did.it was a reaction to scoring what was the winning try and just pure emotion.

what then happened next (and upset the majority of batley fans i suspect) was Taulapapa,mitch stringer and another player who i couldn't identify then sticking two's up and fist pumping at the fans.Then as the bottles started flying, the human toilet that is taulapapa, was gesturing to take all of the main body of fans outside after the game.Now i understand the excitement of winning and scoring in such an important match,but what a set of a**eholes those players showed themselves to be.i believe Taulapapa has previous form for this sort of thing too.for the record i do not condone what the fans did either.not in any way,as it spoilt an otherwise fair,hardfought match that the best team won.

Edited by il cattivo, 30 September 2013 - 01:50 PM.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#15 bulldogs17

bulldogs17
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

What I saw was this; Battye should  have walked for the high tackle. Normally a tackle will hit around the upper chest/shoulder/ball and slide up,that was a direct head hit. (they also got away with another early in the 2nd half). Batley had a try disallowed in the 2nd half when the ball came clear of a tackle and clearly travelled backwards before being put down over the line. Batley were denied possession 15 metres from the Eagles line when their dummy half purposely threw the ball at a Batley tackler regaining his feet and who wasn't even looking at the ball therefore couldn't be accused of interference. Greg Johnson clearly had both feet off the ground when playing the ball back infield. Those were 4 incidents which clearly affected the pattern of play, each and every one to the benefit of Eagles. Then the final insult- MOM going to Brambani, who was played off the park by Ben Black, in his kicking, his handling and the 2 amazing breaks he made. Greenwood, Walton, Rowe and Hirst were far more noticeable than their opposite numbers and all had far more outstanding games than brambani, who could only kick 1 goal as it was near the posts, as opposed to Gaz Moore who throughout the play-offs has potted his goals from all over. All the boys and girls of the press corps were clearly watching a different game to the rest of us. Eagles played for 20 minutes, got their break from the (wrong) Johnson decision and the rest as they say is history, but history doesn't always tell the true story!

Think somebody needs to take a chill pill and think about the tremendous season we've had!! 

Its all down to opinion and whilst we may not agree with decisions made yesterday the recent weeks have definitely been the most enjoyable that I've experienced in the 8 years I've watched Batley 

#16 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:55 PM

What I saw was this; Battye should  have walked for the high tackle. Normally a tackle will hit around the upper chest/shoulder/ball and slide up,that was a direct head hit. (they also got away with another early in the 2nd half). Batley had a try disallowed in the 2nd half when the ball came clear of a tackle and clearly travelled backwards before being put down over the line. Batley were denied possession 15 metres from the Eagles line when their dummy half purposely threw the ball at a Batley tackler regaining his feet and who wasn't even looking at the ball therefore couldn't be accused of interference. Greg Johnson clearly had both feet off the ground when playing the ball back infield.

You need to read the laws of the game.  The first two are a matter of opinion.  Your opinion's different to the referee's.

The third is a penalty, whether or not the offside player is looking.  He got in the way of the ball, bad luck - it's still a penalty.  The touch judge told the referee that Walker threw the ball at him deliberately - he still gave a penalty.  That's the rule.

The fourth - just wrong.  He had both feet off the ground so what ? Where was he last in contact with the ground ? That's the issue.

Edited by Griff, 30 September 2013 - 12:57 PM.

#17 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:00 PM

i watched that incident again last night and though its hard for me to say it , the officials got it right as johnson came back in from been in touch before he fielded the ball,IF his foot had been  inside the field of play before both feet in the air and knocked the ball back in then they would have got the decision wrong

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#18 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:29 PM

Think we need to just admit that we were beaten by the better team. Our guys gave it their all, but ultimately we were once again outdone by two players in Yere and QLT who are probably the best in the league. Any angry rhetoric is pretty pointless at this stage.

Posted Image

#19 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

He's a muppet is taulapapa, tried offering all dewsbury fans on too when we played them in league at ours, this because he was booed all game for sticking 2s up at our fans.He needs sorting out by the rfl

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 30 September 2013 - 01:43 PM.

#20 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 556 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

Think we need to just admit that we were beaten by the better team. Our guys gave it their all, but ultimately we were once again outdone by two players in Yere and QLT who are probably the best in the league. Any angry rhetoric is pretty pointless at this stage.

i'd agree with that.the players didn't let themselves or the fans down,that is all i would have asked before the game started.i still have goosebumps as i think of that roar as the batley players ran out just before kickoff.....other fans may scoff as they read this but as a relatively success starved club that we are,days like yesterday,win or lose,stay in the memory for a long long time with us.thank you boys,JK and staff.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users