Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Great Effort

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

Shame he didnt take the two but its easy to talk off the field of battle.We know what its like to lose in a G.F .However today your players did you and the Heavy Woollen proud.

#2 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:36 PM

Proud day to be a Batley RLFC fan. Big effort from 1-17. Beating an in form Sheffield is always a big task.

The result didn't go out way but by god did we out cheer those two hundred or so Sheffield fans. Shame on those 'Batley fans' who decide to throw bottles on the pitch though. We don't want to be going down the route of overtaking the Halifax fans as most hated.

#Batley2014
SIGNATURE

#3 dog80

dog80
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

Proud to be a batley fan. We have had a great season and today has put a couple of quid in the coffers.

#4 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

Be proud of what you club has achieved. Many teams have lost the final one year only to be winners the next.

(Maybe Wire will set the example next week.)

:drinks:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#5 phildog

phildog
  • 292 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

Sorry to be a wet lettuce, but we lost it, they didn't win it. we were undone AGAIN, on our right flank with kicks to out of position plays. We were the best side for 55 minutes then in the last 5, we were beaten a) by Battye not being marched, or at least binned for the tackle on Mullaley, and another one later, and B) the disallowed try when the ball clearly travelled backwards from the line and was picked up cleanly and touched down. JK was obviously very unhappy in his interview on TV, he knew we had surrendered due to our own mistakes, however on play alone we were every bit as good as them, and they knew it too. Brambani man of the match? Black was brilliant today, best I've seen him without doubt, Hirst and Rowe outstanding, Campbell, Walton, all far better than Brambani. that stank.

#6 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

How was brambani man of match missed 3 kicks and yeah played well when on the front foot first half couldnt do anything . Sorry to sounds like sour grapes but all there trys were piggey backed on petty penaltys and i hope rfl grow a spine and ban missi tuipapa for enciting msyhem by throwing the ball in to the crowd . I dont c why u would do that he supposed to be a proffesanal sports man also i believe he done somthing like this before at dewsbury surley somthing will be done about his avctions . Knowing our look we will be the bad guys not him who started it .

#7 Wise Man

Wise Man
  • Players
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:26 PM

BatleyFanAndy, on 29 Sept 2013 - 5:36 PM, said:Proud day to be a Batley RLFC fan. Big effort from 1-17. Beating an in form Sheffield is always a big task.

The result didn't go out way but by god did we out cheer those two hundred or so Sheffield fans. Shame on those 'Batley fans' who decide to throw bottles on the pitch though. We don't want to be going down the route of overtaking the Halifax fans as most hated.

#Batley2014
as a fax fan I was supporting Batley today but the most hated, give it a rest pal. It was a good game and atmosphere lets keep it at that shall we!

#8 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:31 PM

Agreed great day out great advert for the championship lets just conterate on our performance not on a certain individual who started it all

#9 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

I agree with some of the petty penalties second half but ultimatly I think Sheffield deserved the win. I think we used all our luck up in the Leigh & Fev games as Black's break etc would have lead to a try and any team who does score 4 tries to 1 should win.

I would also add I would still rather be a Bulldog tonight than an Eagle

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#10 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:45 PM

I actually thought Brambani deserved his MOM award. He dragged his team back into the game, and while his place kicking was not great, his tactical kicking was excellent.

We played well, the first half was perfect cup rugby, but we just ran out of steam in the end.

Great day though.

#11 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:46 AM

I actually thought Brambani deserved his MOM award. He dragged his team back into the game, and while his place kicking was not great, his tactical kicking was excellent.

We played well, the first half was perfect cup rugby, but we just ran out of steam in the end.

Great day though.

Narrowly losing to the best team in the division in the grand final - I'd have gladly taken that if it had been the Rams. Reckon your lads did you and the woollen proud, and the club really should mark this years achievement with some kind of function. Tough luck this year, but you can look forward to the next one with some confidence I'd say.

#12 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,479 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:12 AM

How was brambani man of match missed 3 kicks and yeah played well when on the front foot first half couldnt do anything . Sorry to sounds like sour grapes but all there trys were piggey backed on petty penaltys and i hope rfl grow a spine and ban missi tuipapa for enciting msyhem by throwing the ball in to the crowd . I dont c why u would do that he supposed to be a proffesanal sports man also i believe he done somthing like this before at dewsbury surley somthing will be done about his avctions . Knowing our look we will be the bad guys not him who started it .

Johnny Campbell threw the ball into the crowd. Just saying.

Edited by Griff, 30 September 2013 - 09:13 AM.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#13 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:06 AM

Johnny Campbell threw the ball into the crowd. Just saying.

Think the difference is Campbell threw it into his own fans.  As I've said on another thread though, I think it was just a burst of excitement, he threw the ball, got ####### by bottles and drenched with beer, but now the games done, Eagles won, roll on #2014!

SIGNATURE

#14 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,479 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:09 AM

Think the difference is Campbell threw it into his own fans.  As I've said on another thread though, I think it was just a burst of excitement, he threw the ball, got ####### by bottles and drenched with beer, but now the games done, Eagles won, roll on #2014!

Was it he who threw the ball ?

Or Q ?

#15 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

Was it he who threw the ball ?

Or Q ?

I don't understand where we are now.

Didn't you say JC threw the ball into the crowd? I'm not sure if he did but if that was the case it would have been into his own crowd, whereas QLT threw the ball into the Batley crowd.

SIGNATURE

#16 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,479 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:31 AM

I don't understand where we are now.

Didn't you say JC threw the ball into the crowd? I'm not sure if he did but if that was the case it would have been into his own crowd, whereas QLT threw the ball into the Batley crowd.

Ah right.  toffee said Misi Taulapapa threw the ball into the crowd.  But I agree with you.

Edited by Griff, 30 September 2013 - 10:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users