Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

invisible thread?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

#1 bigred

bigred
  • Coach
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

Seems like we have a invisible thread to go with the invisible man one currently running lol!

#2 andykenny

andykenny
  • Coach
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:09 PM

I think free speech has been moderated away from this forum.

#3 exiledyed

exiledyed
  • Players
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  what has happened to the disappearing thread , I feel its a conspiracy but its nothing to do with me cos I have not been to a game in two years

#4 sheddings69

sheddings69
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

To be fair to the mod, there was some pretty moronic language used in some posts!

#5 oldhamer

oldhamer
  • Coach
  • 908 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:27 PM

Someone swore on one of the posts

#6 bigred

bigred
  • Coach
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:27 PM

I thought it was heading into the realms of reasoned debate after a somewhat inauspicious start!

#7 andykenny

andykenny
  • Coach
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:38 PM

Well anyway I am sure we admire the sentiments of Oldham till I die and so on but meanwhile in the real world statistics prove that exileyed and big red do have many good points.

I wrote on this forum after the lottery bounced cheques fiasco that CH had to start winning. Oldham started winning but now at the last hurdle have failed yet again.

You may not agree with conspiracy theories.To me such theories show the frustration exileyed and bigred are feeling and for one particular play off final ,not yesterday ,I have to agree with them.

The thing is ,the OTID merchants don't have a monopoly about caring for this club.

At least you should admit to yourselves that Mr Hamiltons time is up and he should now do the right thing.

There could easily be 400+ people in this town who feel this way ,people who will not attend matches while the club is under Mr Hamiltons tenure.He cannot deliver and will never deliver..The crowds will further dwindle as they have done year after year.Something has to change.If this guy buys the club and keeps Hamilton around he deserves all that he will get.

Edited by andykenny, 30 September 2013 - 07:24 AM.

#8 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:45 PM

I hid it temporarily until we decide what to do...   We tend to take threats to other members quite seriously.

If the thread is saveable then we may put it back once we delete the dross.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#9 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

I think free speech has been moderated away from this forum.

You think threats to another member is worthy of free speech?  I think you may have taken the wrong turn on the way to a different forum...

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#10 oldhamer

oldhamer
  • Coach
  • 908 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

If you think that ANY professional RL player would throw a game on the day so from a chairman, then could I have a smoke on that pipe?
Promotion means more revenue
Promotion increases the fan base
Promotion changes everything positively.

Now who in the right mind would throw a game? Unless you are a cricketer ?

#11 andykenny

andykenny
  • Coach
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

You obviously know what I think my friend.What insight you have.

I saw the post where the word pr**k was used I thought that was out of order. Next time thread had gone.

If such threats were made then perhaps delete them but not the thread.

But please do not tell me what I think.

#12 andykenny

andykenny
  • Coach
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

I have now seen that you may put thread back up minus nastiness which is fair enough.

#13 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

Don't worry chaps Koucash is riding to the rescue you'll be Super League material in 4yrs.

#14 andykenny

andykenny
  • Coach
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

Which is what we ALL want at the end of the day.

#15 mbna

mbna
  • Players
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

CKN. you need to get a hobby!

Edited by mbna, 29 September 2013 - 09:19 PM.

#16 Steve the Roughyed

Steve the Roughyed
  • Coach
  • 331 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:26 PM

Removal of the thread was absolutely correct in view of the language used in a couple of posts.  There is plenty of room for free speech and debate but no need whatsoever for the nastiness portrayed by some.  Their attitude towards people with different opinions flies in the face of free speech and reasoned debate.  If the thread can be reinstated with certain comments removed because they didn't stick to forum rules then that is fine with me.

#17 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 202 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

How a team plays depends upon how the opposition allow it to play. Once again Hornets and Crook outplayed us. He constantly had us coming from our own try line to start our attack whilst our kicking was not good enough. 

Our tackling at times was very weak and we allowed the Hornets to make yards each tackle. Chris Hough during his short spells gave the Hornets something we lacked and that was experience.

We needed someone with the attribute of Niel  Roden  whose experienced would have been invaluable. Naylor should have given him more game time during the season and had him on the bench today as he has been completely wasted this year.

Constantly the Bridesmaid and never the bride and next year with York and Hunslet coming in our division after having a years experience in the Championship it will be even harder to get promoted.

This year was our best chance.

#18 OutsiderLookingIn

OutsiderLookingIn
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:32 PM

Constantly the Bridesmaid and never the bride .

Funnily enough, the exact same phrase as I said to my O/H

#19 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:04 PM

are we on plan z yet :(

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#20 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:15 AM

The opening post in the thread being discussed here was, in my view, potentially libellous. We cannot allow stuff like that to remain on here. 'Free speech' is not free when you get sued for it, and as publishers, we cannot take the risk, though all posters need to be aware that you are fully responsible for the comments you post on this site and if a third party decides to take action, you will be liable.

What followed the opening post were a lot of comments posted in the heat of the moment, several more of which broke the Terms & Conditions of Use on this forum and which on other days might have resulted in posters being banned.

However, I understand feelings were running high on Sunday, so on this occasion I am not going to take any further action. I note that the discussions appear to have calmed down quite a bit this morning. Please keep it that way. If it kicks off again, I'll have no option but to start banning those who break the rules of the forum, to which you all agreed to when signing up on here.

Here's a reminder of what they say:

TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE

Last Updated 8th Feb 2013: Your use of these forums constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. League Publications Ltd (LPL) reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes here. Your continued use of the site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes.

You agree to use the site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or League Publications Ltd.

These Terms & Conditions apply in full to all communications made on this site, whether in the public forums or via the Private Messaging system.

All contributions must be civil and tasteful.

No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour. Contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.

No unlawful or objectionable content. Unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.

If you attempt to use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting the forum or annoying other users, use the personal details of another individual to register one or more accounts, or deliberately swap your username with someone else for the same purpose, your account may be disabled without warning.

No spamming or off-topic material.

No advertising without prior permission.

No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names, or usernames which are an attempt to impersonate another individual.

We reserve the right to issue warnings and/or temporarily/permanently suspend access to all or part of the site if any of the above conditions are infringed.

We reserve the right to request a user to validate their identity by post in order to continue using the forum.

All users accept complete and total responsibility for any potentially harmful, libelous or other legally actionable comments and that they indemnify League Publications Ltd to the total extent of any and all costs, settlements and judgements involved with defending any legal claim against their posts.

If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, your use of the site must be terminated immediately.

I'm locking this thread now, as there is no more on this matter to discuss.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com