TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Match Report: Batley Bulldogs 12-19 Sheffield Eagles

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,958 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:44 PM

http://www.batleybul...ar-for-bulldogs

#2 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,958 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

First time I've ever done a report from memory. What a time to have to do it!

#3 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

Can anyone who watched tv tell us if Johnson's foot was in touch? For me this seemed the key point in the game!

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#4 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,958 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

It was right in front of us. It really didn't look like it. The undoubted gamebreaker, IMO. We were well in control at that point.

#5 LINNERS

LINNERS
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:25 PM

You would hope for the sake of those making the decision that they were pretty sure of it especialy after a few Batley players went up to the ref to ask him to check!

#6 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,958 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

It didn't go to video ref from memory?

#7 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

From where we were sat it clearly looked as if his right foot was over the touch line and it was a correct decision. With regard to going to the video ref, surely they cannot be used for this type of incident?

#8 LINNERS

LINNERS
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

That's what I mean, they didn't check and I thought these days they were allowed to check this sort of thing.

#9 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:01 PM

I thought sheffield asked and got the ref to check with the video ref. Once for when the batley player was laid on the floor and the sheffield player threw the ball into him. The ref gave the resultant loose ball to batley only to change his decision and give a penalty to sheffield for interferance

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#10 Eagletarian

Eagletarian
  • Coach
  • 4,595 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

Great Report.....Many Thanks

Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

Posted Image

#11 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:24 PM

Can anyone who watched tv tell us if Johnson's foot was in touch? For me this seemed the key point in the game!

I watched the game on tv,on the replay you can clearly see Johnson was out of play then came back into play to get the ball.Clear mistake from the lad.

#12 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 701 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:18 AM

The lads gave their all yesterday and it just wasn't to be. Who knows, we could go one further next season???!

#13 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:12 AM

If Johnson's foot left the field of play, Then came back in and made contact with the field of play before touching the ball, he would infact be in play.
SIGNATURE

#14 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:35 AM

If Johnson's foot left the field of play, Then came back in and made contact with the field of play before touching the ball, he would infact be in play.

The video ref said he was out of play,then he came back in to grab the ball.The same thing happened to us when we played Halifax in the northern rail cup,we scored a try but was ruled no try because he jumped back into play from the dead ball line to get the ball and scored a try.

Edited by andyram, 30 September 2013 - 08:36 AM.

#15 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:14 AM

That's what I mean, they didn't check and I thought these days they were allowed to check this sort of thing.

It didn't need checking.   He'd spent the previous four or five paces in touch.  It wasn't even a close decision.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#16 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:16 AM

He didn't, though.  His last contact was with the touch line.

#17 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 763 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:17 AM

For 50 minutes the Eagles had no answer for a mighty and intense effort from the Dogs, but all season the Eagles have been strong in the second half, what I can say,(as an Oldham Fan) is that both sides played a style and standard that I believe was even more entertaining than Superleague! And plaudits must go to the Two Coaches John and Mark for the sheer quality of the Rugby League on show! I thoroughly enjoyed the Game! Thank You!

ps I think the Bleep Machine would have been hard at work in the Eagles Changing room at Half Time!!

#18 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:30 AM

ps I think the Bleep Machine would have been hard at work in the Eagles Changing room at Half Time!!

Not Tubbs' style.  Nor JK's for that matter.  The Alex Ferguson teacup throwing management technique is long gone in most dressing rooms.  Calm and firm reiteration of the game-plan is generally what's needed.  You can see that on the half time dressing room scenes that Premier do.

Interestingly, I think I've only ever seen us on those shots.  No-one else seems to allow it.

#19 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 555 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:26 AM

What a contrast between the two teams. We played really well, applied lots of pressure, but only came away with one try. Sheffield were only on top for maybe twenty minutes but really knew how to turn that pressure into points. Our wingers are more than capable of taking advantage of space created by the big forwards as we've seen at times this season. Despite a wonderful season |I still find myself disappointed that we haven't made more use of them out on the wings.

Moan over, my thanks to players and coaching staff for a terrific season and to Kevin Nichols et al for a really well run club. And, of course, congratulations to the Eagles.

#20 phildog

phildog
  • 337 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:14 PM

Re the Johnson incident it was clear on the TV shot that when he touched the ball both his feet were off the ground, make of that what you will! Re the comment in the match report that the best team won, I would have to take issue with that, we were far better than them for 60 minutes, we had stars all across the team, Greenwood, Walton, Black, Davies, Rowe and Hirst were all in greater evidence than their opposite numbers and I still haven't seen the match that the press corps saqw in awarding Brambani MOM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users