TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Match Report: Batley Bulldogs 12-19 Sheffield Eagles

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

Re the Johnson incident it was clear on the TV shot that when he touched the ball both his feet were off the ground, make of that what you will!

Indeed they were.  You can make nothing of that at all. What matters is where he was last in contact with the ground.  Jump from the field of play, you're in the field of play - even if you're beyond the touch line.  Jump from touch, you're in touch.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#22 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,958 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

Re the Johnson incident it was clear on the TV shot that when he touched the ball both his feet were off the ground, make of that what you will! Re the comment in the match report that the best team won, I would have to take issue with that, we were far better than them for 60 minutes, we had stars all across the team, Greenwood, Walton, Black, Davies, Rowe and Hirst were all in greater evidence than their opposite numbers and I still haven't seen the match that the press corps saqw in awarding Brambani MOM

We weren't the best team because we didn't win. We may have controlled 75% of the game but we didn't do enough with all that possession. Sheffield played out an awesome 25 minutes - they let us punch ourselves out and then took FULL advantage ... the sign of a Championship team. We are just short of being the finished article but by hell they did us proud yesterday. All of them. I blamed the referee at the end, like a lot around me, but it was nothing to do with him or his decisions. We had enough chances to bury that game, we didn't take them, and although it hurt badly yesterday, the right team won. By 4 tries to 1.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users