Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,888 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:12 PM

£30,000 doesn't go that far (especially judging by the Dewsbury/Hemingway rumour). I wouldn't expect any stellar signings from that sort of dosh. We should all be thankful for the good work BISSA do - they contribute heavily to sustaining the club as, I suspect, do our sponsors.

#22 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

What rumour is this?

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#23 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:03 PM

£30,000 doesn't go that far (especially judging by the Dewsbury/Hemingway rumour). I wouldn't expect any stellar signings from that sort of dosh. We should all be thankful for the good work BISSA do - they contribute heavily to sustaining the club as, I suspect, do our sponsors.

Yes. This is it. The £30,000 is a bonus, as will be the extra revenue that the final appearance brought. However, I believe we should carry on with our squad and club building for next season as we were. I am sure even without the money we would be a force to reckon with next season.

I just think that we should now be releasing details of season tickets as soon as we can to build on the enthusiasm created by the GF appearance. If we could sell even 500, it would dwarf the amount of money we won in the GF.

#24 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 605 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

A bit harsh on George. Can't blame the lad for going. Whenever he pulled on a Batley shirt he was 100% Bulldog and I'd love to see him back in the future.

#25 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:29 PM

A bit harsh on George. Can't blame the lad for going. Whenever he pulled on a Batley shirt he was 100% Bulldog and I'd love to see him back in the future.

+1

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#26 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:39 PM

+2 . i think you will find when he went to rams that was down to his agent not informing of the deal from us which had a deadline and by the time he found out and we had signed up some one else plus as for going to fev.. rugby is a short career so he has to whats best for him and his family

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#27 bazbulldog

bazbulldog
  • Coach
  • 158 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

Just to correct you on one point Phildog,George didn't go to Dewsbury for more money,Batley made him an offer through his agent and put a time limit for him to accept

but the offer wasn't taken up within this time limit and Batley completed their squad building assuming he didn't want to re-sign but when George found out he approached

Batley and said he wanted to re-sign but by then it was too late so that is why he went to Dewsbury.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users