Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

05/10/13 - SLGF: Warrington Wolves v Wigan Warriors KO 6pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
341 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (41 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Warrington Wolves by 13 points or more (6 votes [14.63%])

Percentage of vote: 14.63%

2. Warrington Wolves by 7 to 12 points (13 votes [31.71%])

Percentage of vote: 31.71%

3. Warrington Wolves by 1 to 6 points (9 votes [21.95%])

Percentage of vote: 21.95%

4. Wigan Warriors by 1 to 6 points (3 votes [7.32%])

Percentage of vote: 7.32%

5. Wigan Warriors by 7 to 12 points (7 votes [17.07%])

Percentage of vote: 17.07%

6. Wigan Warriors by 13 points or more (3 votes [7.32%])

Percentage of vote: 7.32%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:33 AM

Discuss the Super League Grand Final between Warrington Wolves v Wigan Warriors here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:18 AM

Does anyone know what the weather forecast is for Saturday? If it's going to rain, judging by recent form in wet games, I think it would slightly favour Wigan. 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#3 Gally

Gally
  • Players
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

Does anyone know what the weather forecast is for Saturday? If it's going to rain, judging by recent form in wet games, I think it would slightly favour Wigan. 

Raining all week, but Saturday is meant to be dry.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think this is Wire's year. All things being equal I think the two sides are well matched, but Warrington's experience to be the difference.

#4 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,213 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:59 AM

We though have experience of winning a Grand Final to draw on.

We will be right. If we reach the same level of performance that we have reached in all the knock out games so far this year, we will be very competitive.

#5 Gally

Gally
  • Players
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:06 PM

We though have experience of winning a Grand Final to draw on.

We will be right. If we reach the same level of performance that we have reached in all the knock out games so far this year, we will be very competitive.

Do we have that experience though? I bet only 4-5 players will play on Saturday who also played in 2010.

Don't get me wrong, we'll turn up and be very competitive. I just think having just missed out last year, their experienced players will give them the edge.

#6 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

You could also throw the experience of appearing in and winning two of the last three CC finals. 

The downside of course is that, in the last two seasons, Warrington seem to have the measure of us. 

I've obviously picked Wigan to win, it would be daft to support a team and pick them to lose. But heart winning over head, quite possibly. 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#7 nathanwood7

nathanwood7
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

The downside of course is that, in the last two seasons, Warrington seem to have the measure of us. 

It's more than 2 seasons, in fact you have to go back to 2009 for the last time Wigan beat Warrington in Super League, and even then that was the week after Warrington had beat Wigan in the Challenge Cup semi-final and subsequently rested quite a few players for the league match. However, I'm not sure Warrington's recent dominance can prove to be much of an indicator for this match. Both teams have excellent players and it is not hard to envisage the result going either way on the night.

#8 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:04 PM

As a neutral, I don't care who wins, I just want the match to be won in the last ten seconds. A wide to Charnley/Richards/Riley/Monaghan* wouldn't be the worst thing in the world either.

*delete as applicable

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#9 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,909 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

I think this will finally be the year Warrington get rid of their bridesmaid tag and win the GF.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#10 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:18 AM

I think this will finally be the year Warrington get rid of their bridesmaid tag and win the GF.

I didn't know we had a bridesmaid tag - we've only played in one grand final!

I've started with the nerves already and I think this is a 50/50 game. We are stronger on paper but Wigan have a certain spark that you can't account for.

Whoever wins, I just hope it's decided by a piece of genuine brilliance and not by a mistake. At least if Wigan win, this forum will still be bearable!

#11 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,290 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:27 PM

Wigan by 1.

In extra time.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#12 twosevenzero

twosevenzero
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

Wigan by 1.

In extra time.

I'll settle for that.

"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me".

FIOS

#13 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:01 PM

Just hope the game is a credit to the sport.I am not favouring any team
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#14 morleyrhino

morleyrhino
  • Players
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

Not bothered who wins as long as we get a good game. Think it may be warringtons day last years experience will Deffo help.

#15 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

I think Wire will win by a decent margin personally

#16 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,213 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

I can't see us losing if we bring our A game, but then it's only Tuesday. :)

#17 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

Really looking forward to this one, all the hallmarks of a classic

I'm on the fence regarding who wins just hoping for a really good spectacle to encourage people to attend world cup games 

#18 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

Seriously or taking the p155

Edited by 1976PMJwires, 01 October 2013 - 08:36 PM.

#19 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

Trouble is Warrington may bring theirs as well.

Happy position of not caring who wins, depends for me which pack gets on top, Wolves look to have the edge but i wouldn't put money on it. Just want a great game.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#20 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,789 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:09 PM

I am attending the game but don't hold out much hope to be honest. Wigan's side is dripping with Dream Teamers and England players so you'd have to make them big favourites.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.