Congratulations to the 2 Bretts !

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,865 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:59 AM

Both Brett Carter and Brett Phillips have been named today in Scotland's official RLWC squad. Congratulations to them both and I'm sure they'll do themselves and the club proud.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,855 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:20 AM

And Peter for getting in the Wales squad ... A pretty weak looking squad in all .

#3 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:21 AM

Surprised Callum isn't in there

#4 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,855 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:26 AM

I didn't know Scotland had announced their final squad yet . Seen the provisional one . I'd be shocked if an xfactor like Callum who can fill in any central spot like Burrow was omitted .

Edited by DavidM, 30 September 2013 - 10:27 AM.

#5 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,855 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:41 AM

Wow , two Hendersons I can get for experience ... But Gareth Moore and especially Ben Fisher ( he's retired twice ! ) getting in ahead of Callum ... Shame . Is he nursing an injury ?

Edited by DavidM, 30 September 2013 - 10:44 AM.

#6 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:21 PM

Congratulations to both Bretts and Peter on their selections. McCormack must have found Brett C in order to select him!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#7 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

good stuff,looking forward to a full house (what did those haven doubters say :P )well done lads.

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#8 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

Wow , two Hendersons I can get for experience ... But Gareth Moore and especially Ben Fisher ( he's retired twice ! ) getting in ahead of Callum ... Shame . Is he nursing an injury ?

Both Moore and Fisher are quality players!

#9 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,855 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:00 PM

In a squad where you're looking for impact , xfactor and versatility as well as solidity he gets in a 20 odd man squad ahead of at least one of them named .Youve two Hendersons and Addy who is excellent , so Callum would be a more out of the box option to bring on if needed rather than Fisher , who is similar to the Hendersons and steady .They have experience well covered , I'm not saying Fisher is not very good .. .It's something different in the kitbag that's all , especially if you're playing catchup. Callum has youthful exuberance and speed around the ruck and against big packs speed kills . He is xfactor in a final quarter or against tiring sides . .And on a ground and environment he knows inside out ...just my opinion. Shame , being in would have brought him on no end .

Edited by DavidM, 30 September 2013 - 09:55 PM.

#10 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,855 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:23 AM

Yes and that's another story isn't it !! Fancy Serbia away Peter Wallace ??!!!!

#11 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:44 AM

from a purely town perspective, callum not playing and performing in front of a new audience isnt a bad thing. it means hes not interesting other parties to try to lure him away.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#12 welshmagpie

welshmagpie
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:01 AM

I didn't know Scotland had announced their final squad yet . Seen the provisional one . I'd be shocked if an xfactor like Callum who can fill in any central spot like Burrow was omitted .

Hi anychance that you can point me in the direction of this provisional list? Thanks.

#13 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,855 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

Its a real squad now , that can be found anywhere from wikipaedia on . Championship players like Callum , Jackson , Patterson were the likes who were cut .

#14 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

http://rlsquads.weebly.com

#15 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,855 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:29 AM

Just need Tonga now . Looking forward to seeing them .

#16 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

Its a real squad now , that can be found anywhere from wikipaedia on . Championship players like Callum , Jackson , Patterson were the likes who were cut .

No Jackson and Patterson? Haven fans must be livid that apart from SJP none of their world class superstars will be playing in the World Cup.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#17 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

Just need Tonga now . Looking forward to seeing them .

the likes of moimoi, manu,willie mason etc are going to be great to watch
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#18 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

Some brilliant players will be here for Tonga

#19 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,855 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

To right Scott , they've got to be a huge draw . Physical and skilful , very crowd pleasing . Konrad Hurrell especially worth watching , if you hadn't seen him check him out on you tube and see why he's called the Hurricane !

#20 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

Yeah I've seen him a couple of times on premier sports should be a cracker between them and the scots can't wait counting down the days

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users