- - - - -

Wembley sell out for American Football

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,526 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:04 PM

83,000 , beats me what they see in it, and one next month nearly sold out, thats in a City where the pro RL Team struggle to get over 2 thousand, its a crazy world...

Posted Image

#2 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,605 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

83,000 , beats me what they see in it, and one next month nearly sold out, thats in a City where the pro RL Team struggle to get over 2 thousand, its a crazy world...

It all boils down to one thing,publicity.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#3 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:54 PM

Publicity but also the fact that it's not something that happens every week is it? Going off topic the RFL expect the grand final could sell out as early as Wednesday and that the world cup final could sell out by the weekend

#4 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,605 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

Publicity but also the fact that it's not something that happens every week is it? Going off topic the RFL expect the grand final could sell out as early as Wednesday and that the world cup final could sell out by the weekend

Which is all good for Rugby League.Lets hope they actually make a profit from the World Cup this time.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#5 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 929 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:13 AM

I've been coaxed into going to the World Cup Semis at Wembley - as much as anything to see the "new" Wembley (last time I went was when we were there in 1997).

The ticket sales must be going reasonably well though, my mates who's sorting out the tickets says the bottom tier has all sold out already and we are somewhere up in "The Gods", though close to half-way.

Worth mentioning also that it's costing £30 for two World Cup Semi-Finals ... making each game cheaper than many Championship games ...

#6 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:31 AM

I've been coaxed into going to the World Cup Semis at Wembley - as much as anything to see the "new" Wembley (last time I went was when we were there in 1997).

The ticket sales must be going reasonably well though, my mates who's sorting out the tickets says the bottom tier has all sold out already and we are somewhere up in "The Gods", though close to half-way.

Worth mentioning also that it's costing £30 for two World Cup Semi-Finals ... making each game cheaper than many Championship games ...

the view from the top tier is far superior to the view on the bottom. The RFL seem to have got it right regarding ticket pricing which goes to prove if it's sensibly priced folk will turn up

Edited by sgt pepper, 01 October 2013 - 07:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users