Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Glasgow 2014 Games Tickets

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:41 PM

Anyone on here applied for tickets for the Commonwealth Games at Glasgow next year.

Today was the day you got to know if you were successful in your application.

I applied for 10 sessions - 20 tickets, to Cycling, Gymnastics and Athletics. Was successful in only 1 session.

Anyone had better luck than me?

#2 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,495 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

Although it is a great opportunity having the games in Scotland, I haven't applied for anything.

We have a system at work where we have a holiday rota system, and I am well down the picking order in 2014. By the time the choice came my way those two weeks had gone. 

This far in advance the only days I could be certain of being free are the Sundays, and the second Sunday I'll be down in the Lakes competing in a week-long orienteering event. If, come the time, if there is anything available on my days off then I'll try getting along; there possibly won't be tickets left but if there's any road-running or cycling then I'd be interested. There is also the shooting and archery near us at Carnoustie; again depends on the ticketing.

My son has volunteered to help out on the technology side, has had an interview and will get to know in October. On the plus side for me, I'm planning to compete in an official 'pre-games' urban orienteering event. 

"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#3 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:15 PM

i applied for a few things and got nowt.

#4 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,748 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

i applied for a few things and got nowt.

Me too! :(

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#5 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,495 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:56 PM

This must mean the tickets are selling well. No consolation, of course.

#6 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,959 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:22 AM

Applied for ten sessions, got two.  The two I had comfortably the least interest in and which were cheapest.  I suspect we'll not bother now.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#7 High Peak Rhino

High Peak Rhino
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:52 PM

Applied for three sessions and got two including one for athletics which is better than we managed for the olympics - :D

#8 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,495 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:26 PM

When people are say "applied for x and got y", have they definitely been told they haven't got tickets for the rejected events. It's just that a message on facebook has said that not all notifications for all events have been sent out.

#9 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:47 PM

My email confirms the sessions that I have tickets for, plus a £4.50 p&p charge, as to what my card will be charged.
You would think that they would combine all successful applications into 1 mailout, and avoid duplicate postings......or maybe they are fleecing us for individual postage charges if not all confirmation emails have been sent out?

#10 James Vukmirovic

James Vukmirovic
  • Coach
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:04 PM

I've got three tickets, two Rugby Sevens sessions and an Athletics session, so I'm a happy camper

#11 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,959 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

I've got three tickets, two Rugby Sevens sessions and an Athletics session, so I'm a happy camper

Good stuff.  I was beginning to wonder if anyone had tickets!

- Severus, July 2012

#12 James Vukmirovic

James Vukmirovic
  • Coach
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

I'll tell you the bigger issue, getting a hotel room in Glasgow.

I've just looked and couldn't get anything in Glasgow. Edinburgh was the best bet

#13 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,959 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:08 PM

I'll tell you the bigger issue, getting a hotel room in Glasgow.

I've just looked and couldn't get anything in Glasgow. Edinburgh was the best bet

We found that out before applying and ended up getting someone's apartment on an easy-to-cancel deal through Trip Advisor.  There was, quite literally, nothing at any price - not even prices we didn't want to pay!

- Severus, July 2012

#14 James Vukmirovic

James Vukmirovic
  • Coach
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:35 PM

We found that out before applying and ended up getting someone's apartment on an easy-to-cancel deal through Trip Advisor.  There was, quite literally, nothing at any price - not even prices we didn't want to pay!

Ah well, £120 for three nights in an Edinburgh guest house will do me for the occasion.

#15 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 703 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:11 PM

Tickets for rhythmic gymnastics, judo, weightlifting, badminton, hockey, athletics and bowls. Did not get any tickets for swimming artistic gymnastics and cycling and rather surprisingly netball.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#16 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:45 AM

What is "rugby sevens"?

#17 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:18 PM

Tickets for rhythmic gymnastics, judo, weightlifting, badminton, hockey, athletics and bowls. Did not get any tickets for swimming artistic gymnastics and cycling and rather surprisingly netball.

Overall - How many sessions did you apply for and how many were you successful with? 

Edited by shaun mc, 03 October 2013 - 12:19 PM.

#18 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 703 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:13 AM

Got 8 out of 12.
www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#19 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:22 AM

Well done mate, that'll be a better win ratio than most.

#20 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,495 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:10 PM

What is "rugby sevens"?

It's similar to "rugby fives" but played by people with seven digits on one hand. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users