Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Now that I've seen the TV coverage ...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,940 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:33 PM

Johnson touchline decision ... right call
Moore/Greenwood try ... wrong call - ball definitely travelled backwards NOT forwards
QLT/Taulapapa/crowd incident ... QLT chucked the ball into the crowd like we see every single week, Taulapapa is still a cock-end for offering on the crowd and hopefully the RFL saw that
Stringer ankle tap on Blacky ... matchwinner.

As my learned colleague, The Terminator, has pointed out many times before, it's amazing how as one-eyed fans we are often put right by watching a game in the cold light of day afterwards.

Edited by Chairman LMAO, 30 September 2013 - 09:33 PM.

#2 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,940 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:37 PM

Also the smallest ever cheer I've ever heard at a trophy getting lifted!!

#3 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:05 PM

Also the smallest ever cheer I've ever heard at a trophy getting lifted!!

How many fans did Sheffield have?

#4 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,214 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:28 PM

How many fans did Sheffield have?

Not many Eddie. A very sad reflection on the success of Sheffield in the Championship. It is also disapointing that the council can't or won't help the club out more and that the RFL doesn't seem interested in helping to expand the game more in places like Donny and Sheffield. It could be that the Eagles fans are getting fed-up of finals?

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#5 phildog

phildog
  • 310 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:25 AM

Still can't agree with the Johnson decision, both his feet were off the ground when he touched the ball,therefore he wasn't out of play at point of contact. Does the fact that he had been in touch prior make any difference? Imagine that the ball was on the ground stationary, Johnson overruns it, steps out of play then back in play and picks up, play on, what's the difference? Til the cows come home springs to mind!!

#6 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,489 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:18 AM

Still can't agree with the Johnson decision, both his feet were off the ground when he touched the ball,therefore he wasn't out of play at point of contact. Does the fact that he had been in touch prior make any difference? Imagine that the ball was on the ground stationary, Johnson overruns it, steps out of play then back in play and picks up, play on, what's the difference? Til the cows come home springs to mind!!

Yes, he jumped from outside the field of play which means that the decision was the correct one.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#7 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,778 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:55 AM

Said it before but if your foot's in the air it's where you last made contact with the ground that matters.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#8 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,778 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:56 AM

Not many Eddie. A very sad reflection on the success of Sheffield in the Championship. It is also disapointing that the council can't or won't help the club out more and that the RFL doesn't seem interested in helping to expand the game more in places like Donny and Sheffield. It could be that the Eagles fans are getting fed-up of finals?

Why should they ?  Hardly any of their voters go to games.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users