TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Shocking !

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 hitman hornet

hitman hornet
  • Coach
  • 345 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:44 PM

How can we get 14 seconds cover on Granada Reports, and NONE on BBC North West Tonight'
Liverpool woman's football got 5 minutes on Each and So did the build up to the Grand Final.
Shocking !!!!!
100% league 0% union

#2 ormskirknet

ormskirknet
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:10 AM

How can we get 14 seconds cover on Granada Reports, and NONE on BBC North West Tonight'
Liverpool woman's football got 5 minutes on Each and So did the build up to the Grand Final.
Shocking !!!!!

Agreed there, at least Granada saw fit to mention it at all, its more than the good old Beeb did on NW tonight. Does anybody have a contact at NW tonight I could raise the point with?

Never mind got my copy of League Express, League Weekly AND the early Edition of the MEN, must admit I got some funny looks over here in sunny West Lancs asking for the MEN.

#3 DaveButt

DaveButt
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

I sent a stinking e-mail to the BBC and guess what?, not a single reply.

They are just not interested in what goes on with Hornets or the football club either if it comes to that.

The only time they want to know anything about Rochdale is if something bad goes on in the town and then it's their leading story.

Maybe many more people should e-mail them and maybe they may take a bit of notice, wouldn't hold my breath though

For those interested the e-mail address is :- nwt@bbc.co.uk

#4 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 806 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:04 PM

Me To.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

#5 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 360 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:29 PM

I sent a very cutting email to the BBC In Manchestet and below is the reply that I received.
Needless to say it displays a total lack of what was important in the sporting world in the North West last Sunday. Like the RFL they are not interested in rugby at our level.

Dear Mr. Holbrook,

I am replying to your e-mail regarding Monday’s North West Tonight.

I can understand your disappointment at there being no coverage of Sunday’s games in Leigh and empathise with you. As sports producer, I have to juggle all of the sport that occurs in the north west every single week and it is impossible to keep everyone content all of the time. While it wasn’t possible for us to be at Leigh, I also have viewers who are disappointed there was no Rugby Union, no Football League, only a few seconds of the Premier League, no gymnastics preview or cycling review. We try our level best to keep the short sports segment as diverse and wide ranging as possible, with an appeal to as many of our viewers (both sports loving and non-sports loving) as we can.

It would be fantastic if we had more resources and time to cover even more but unfortunately that isn’t the case.

Once again, I am sorry that you feel ‘disgusted’ and can only say I understand your reasons.

Yours faithfully,

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#6 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 806 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:14 PM

Your lucky Doug, I did'nt even merit a reply

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

#7 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 360 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

I sent an email to the RFL about the sale of s tickets at a reduced price that was an insult to Rochdale and Oldham fans. I got a reply from the marketing Manager Rob Porteus. It turns out that I know the guy from Kirkham Gramar school.
He said that the reduced priced tickets were being distributed by the sponsor Kingstone Press.
He apologised if we felt that we had been done a bad deal.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#8 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

You won`t hear anything from BBC Sports,they`re too busy being PC. I listen to them Saturday and Sunday nights here in Australia when I`m on night shifts and some of the ###### they want to talk about has you wondering just what is going on. Ok,I like listening to the live football from the EPL which incorporates latest scores and all,but they seem fixated on people in Africa for some obscure reason. Asking them how they think this team`s going,or what that team needs to get better,actually having people ring in,but 90% of the team you either can`t hear what they`re saying because of their accents or the reception`s bloody awful. I can`t recall them putting any rugby league on except the Challenge Cup Final,but they do include the "top" rugby yawnion game of the day very briefly (thank god). When the football`s finished I switch channels back to the ABC and have a swift forty winks.

#9 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

Welcome to the world of poor coverage.  Neither BBC Wales TV or Radio, ITV Wales or S4c saw fit to report that North Wales Crusaders won Championship 1 and the Northern Rail Bowl and had 3 Championship 1 awards - Player of the Year, Coach of the Year and Club of the Year.  I did get a patronising reply saying BBC Wales are committed to portraying rugby league etc. but its total bo77ocks.  I have suggested NWCru get nominated for the BBC Wales Sports Personality Team of the Year... but I'm not holding my breath.

Our local Union team Rygbi Gogledd Cymru got 10 minutes on their first home game since their promotion, against Ebbw Vale. That's peaks volumes about the BBC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users