• 598 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:09 AM

What!!! Should have played or Scotland.

#3 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

Totally disgusting . What more can you do ... He's played his sphericals off all year and for what ?? Mcilorum , joke , he's limited and thuggish . Houghton is better ... No Lunt or Kirmond . Form doesnt count for much , its reputation and where you play . Roby has hardly played and looked very rusty last week , and OLoughlin has been injured for ages !Go to Wigan or Leeds you're a shoe in ( nearly half the squad ) .. Liam Farrell , Gareth Hock and Carl Ablett in the 2nd row , and no Crabtree up front ?

Edited by DavidM, 01 October 2013 - 11:30 AM.

#4 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,981 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

I don't know what Shaun did on the 2010 Four Nations in Australia that seems to have upset McNamara but he hasn't picked him since then!!!!!

My only surprise when I saw the squad was that Wilkins isn't in it as he has picked the same old same old squad as usual. The man is incompetent and merely picks his own favourites.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#5 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

I think I would have cried if I'd seen Wilkin as well as all the old faces ... Sykes , Shenton and Chris Bridge must be injured ! Roby has been a champion but I think he's very lucky ... He's been injured for huge chunks of the year and looked way off against Leeds , and OLoughlin is crocked? Same old same old .
And what happened to Chris Heighington . Is playing for Cronulla not good enough anymore ?

Edited by DavidM, 01 October 2013 - 11:49 AM.

#6 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

look we all know that mcnamarra is an incompetent useless t@#$. but he has got to have picked the most ordinary looking squad available. were in big trouble im afraid.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#7 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:06 PM

Especially when these are the best AUS & NZ squads in a long time ... Again we have a good starting pack but look way off behind the scrum in comparison , and in squad depth if injuries hit . The bloke just lives down to your expectations every time ! And Sinfields captain so he'll have to fit him in ... Those goal kicks will stuff Australia !!

#8 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:15 PM

McNamara has 1 arm tied behind his back with his unstinting support for Sinfield and Chase.
Chase's defence will be exploited and Sinfield is an outstnading player, but not quite good enough for any position at Test level - 6,7,9 or 13. He's a great captain though and had to be picked.
I'd have Sinfield and Lunt at 9, but then again Lunty hasn't quite been on top form at the end of the season.
We are stuck a bit at 6,7 and 9 - no-one player has stood out recently. Maybe Smith at Wigan can count himself unlucky.

#9 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:06 PM

Smith would have no chance against the Aussies

#10 homeandawayer

homeandawayer
  • Coach
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:55 AM

McNamara has 1 arm tied behind his back with his unstinting support for Sinfield and Chase.
Chase's defence will be exploited and Sinfield is an outstnading player, but not quite good enough for any position at Test level - 6,7,9 or 13. He's a great captain though and had to be picked.
I'd have Sinfield and Lunt at 9, but then again Lunty hasn't quite been on top form at the end of the season.
We are stuck a bit at 6,7 and 9 - no-one player has stood out recently. Maybe Smith at Wigan can count himself unlucky.

I hope you're being sarcastic about Lunty!

#11 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:07 AM

did you not watch the huddersfield vs hull game. lunt was outstanding

#12 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:45 AM

Sinfield is a great captain and good (goal) kicker under pressure but is just not world class. Also agree with DM about Wilkin and as for WESTWOOD! he's just a liability. Carl Ablett deserves his place; probably most improved player in SL.

Edited by Oneday, 02 October 2013 - 08:46 AM.

#13 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:23 AM

Sinfield is a great captain and good (goal) kicker under pressure but is just not world class. Also agree with DM about Wilkin and as for WESTWOOD! he's just a liability. Carl Ablett deserves his place; probably most improved player in SL.

westwood is an outstanding player who will not be intimidated by any pack. complete workhorse and alongside burgess will make a quality 2nd row. i would play ablett in centre with watkins.

#14 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:25 AM

I'd bring Ablett off the bench and Watkins and cudjoe in the centres two brilliant players hard to put down

#15 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:38 AM

Due to this coach we're without our best half ( cold shouldered ) , our best hooker ( ignored or upset him three yrs back ) , our best prop ( no idea why ) and our form second row ( plays for rubbish club so doesn't fit in ) ... Westwood can be a bit thick at times but he's a cert start with Sam for me in the back row . Rock hard , gets stuck in and the pros outweigh the cons with what he gives in involvement . He's picked two centres in Cudjoe and Hardaker so he has to pick one of them to partner Watkins , we've got to try and create ourselves and the Aussies will rip up anyone lacking pace , they'll play round you .

Edited by DavidM, 02 October 2013 - 11:39 AM.

#16 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

No Lunt, Crabtree or Kirkmond... McNamara doesn't have a clue

#17 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 598 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

Didn't make the lions squad either!

#18 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

Maybe injured

#19 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

He's having surgery now

#20 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

westwood is an outstanding player who will not be intimidated by any pack. complete workhorse and alongside burgess will make a quality 2nd row. i would play ablett in centre with watkins.

He certainly won't be intimidated but last few times I've seen Westwood play he has missed tackles and given a stack of penalties away. Lets see how he goes in the Grand final

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users