Are they necessary

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#1 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,152 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:52 AM

In this weeks RL Express it states that Moore, Hirst (who did impress me) Flanaghan and Walmsley arecoming to Fev along with Sheffield's Roche and Hunslet's Chisholm. Kaye who I have always thought was an excellent defender is on his way to Halifax.
All the Batley players were on the bench last week and didn't look any better than what we have, when fit. What do you think?

#2 Ackropj

Ackropj
  • Coach
  • 308 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:54 AM

In this weeks RL Express it states that Moore, Hirst (who did impress me) Flanaghan and Walmsley arecoming to Fev along with Sheffield's Roche and Hunslet's Chisholm. Kaye who I have always thought was an excellent defender is on his way to Halifax.
All the Batley players were on the bench last week and didn't look any better than what we have, when fit. What do you think?

Personally i think your better keeping what you have. Wholesale signings like this dont work all that well IMO.

#3 bromleybulldog

bromleybulldog
  • Coach
  • 333 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

Said the man from Halifax after they imported 5 players and a coach from Batley two years ago! Think he's right.

Batley, I'm sure would be more than happy to keep hold of these four- played their hearts out on Sunday

#4 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,920 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

Hursty had his best game I've seen him play.
Hope he's going to be ok for a lift to fev!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#5 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:14 PM

new coach, new players. bring it on. i'm excited Tommy.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#6 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

All good lads, sorry to see them go, Robin did you go sunday, I looked out for you ???

Edited by Bat Lad, 01 October 2013 - 01:35 PM.

#7 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,920 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

No I didn't get there for the reasons I mentioned. A bit more composure and you'd have done it.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#8 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

In this weeks RL Express it states that Moore, Hirst (who did impress me) Flanaghan and Walmsley arecoming to Fev along with Sheffield's Roche and Hunslet's Chisholm. Kaye who I have always thought was an excellent defender is on his way to Halifax.All the Batley players were on the bench last week and didn't look any better than what we have, when fit. What do you think?

I'd have settled for George Flanagan on our side 9 days ago.

#9 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,109 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

George will be our biggest loss imo. He always adds a spark that lifts the whole team when he comes on and always plays with his heart on his sleeve. Good player.

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#10 Monkeymagic22

Monkeymagic22
  • Coach
  • 162 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

Moore does a quietly effective role from what I've seen and has a quality kicking game. At 24 there's also plenty of time for improvement.

#11 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

Moore does a quietly effective role from what I've seen and has a quality kicking game. At 24 there's also plenty of time for improvement.

Can't argue about the kicking game Steve, but he's suspect just after he's had a haircut.

#12 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

Can't argue about the kicking game Steve, but he's suspect just after he's had a haircut.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#13 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,909 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

Really don't think any of these four will improve you, TBF. Flanagan and Moore are losses for us, but we can replace them.

#14 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:49 PM

Don't know who'd make way for Moore, but his kicking game would bring an improvement in this department. As good as Finn and Kain are, we always seem to be second best in the kicking department when it comes to the big games. If you look at Brambani for example, he's not in their league with ball in hand, but he's just as effective. At present we won't have anyone else who can put the big kicks in, unless Briggs returns to full fitness? 

#15 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

As much as anything else, how big is our squad going to be next season?!

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#16 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

Confirmed on Batley site they are all leaving Next year will be interesting over the last few years we haven't made that many changes and we have been consistent over the seasons will this year be the biggest turn round of players in a few year and are the new players an improvement on what we have got

#17 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

I think Moore is seen as the long term successor by JB for Finn but struggling to see his role and playing posistion next season, cant see Finn making way or being rested, Flanagan is an easy swap for Kaye though

I also thought Moore left Wakey due to his outside commitments and was struggling with the demands of SL because of this, so if we make SL will this be an issue? I assume his outside commitments have changed though

The props and forwards im struggling with, cant see them making any improvemnt  on us as we were alright in the forwards barring the last game probably

I know we are in the market for a prop but signing 2 and Nicholson and Cording and Carlton Roche rumoured as well? Lets not forget what we have already and cant see many of them leaving

Either way im going to go out on a limb and say some of these new rumoured signings wont finish the season at the club - be it loaned out to get regular games or released

Its alright having squad depth but we are currently at Grand canyon depths by the sounds of it

Edited by elppaxr2i, 01 October 2013 - 09:34 PM.

#18 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

I think Moore is seen as the long term successor by JB for Finn but struggling to see his role and playing posistion next season, cant see Finn making way or being rested, Flanagan is an easy swap for Kaye though

I also thought Moore left Wakey due to his outside commitments and was struggling with the demands of SL because of this, so if we make SL will this be an issue? I assume his outside commitments have changed though

The props and forwards im struggling with, cant see them making any improvemnt  on us as we were alright in the forwards barring the last game probably

I know we are in the market for a prop but signing 2 and Nicholson and Cording and Carlton Roche rumoured as well? Lets not forget what we have already and cant see many of them leaving

Either way im going to go out on a limb and say some of these new rumoured signings wont finish the season at the club - be it loaned out to get regular games or released

Its alright having squad depth but we are currently at Grand canyon dpeths by the sounds of it

the ones we have can't go on forever, no one can be allowed to get comfortable

joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#19 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:40 PM

the ones we have can't go on forever, no one can be allowed to get comfortable

No one in the forwards or the back row we have is above 30 years old with most in their early to mid 20's - ample playing time with years ahead of them

Unless there is a mass exodus we havent been privvy to which i think is not expected and if it happens would disappoint a lot of supporters i cant see where everyone will fit in thats rumoured to be coming in, there appears to be a lot of blokes who are going to be sat twiddling their thumbs and get frustrated for me

Edited by elppaxr2i, 01 October 2013 - 09:42 PM.

#20 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,909 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

Perhaps some of your existing players are moving on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users