Are they necessary

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#21 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:59 PM

Has Saxton signed? I have always admired him and he has a fantastic offload game..........Hmmm where did we put that 30 grand?

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#22 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,979 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:01 AM

Edited by elppaxr2i, 02 October 2013 - 12:03 AM.

#23 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:01 AM

Sorry I don't understand morse code or is it brail?

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#24 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:25 AM

Who is the big Tongan that has signed ? Did I hear something earlier in the year ??

Uaisele

#25 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:10 AM

No one in the forwards or the back row we have is above 30 years old with most in their early to mid 20's - ample playing time with years ahead of them

Unless there is a mass exodus we havent been privvy to which i think is not expected and if it happens would disappoint a lot of supporters i cant see where everyone will fit in thats rumoured to be coming in, there appears to be a lot of blokes who are going to be sat twiddling their thumbs and get frustrated for me

maybe JB is doing what DP has done at his new club. at least 2 players for every position.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#26 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:25 AM

That's him ! I have a feeling if Chisholm is coming from Leeds that him or the Tongan may be replacing Hardman at full back.....they are both extremely quick

Hoping we keep Hardman , and maybe use him in the centre ?

#27 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,979 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:37 AM

with smeaton back to full fitness and Worthington I think you probably have two of the best centres in the competition there both have more speed and great footwork so barring injuries these two will be nailed on 3 & 4

Smeaton full fitness? His leg was in a brace at the last game as well as limping around the pitch

There still looks a long way back for him thats if he comes back at all, think thats why we might see some experimental changes with the centre posisiton, think uaisele will go in there personally

#28 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

Always liked Hardman but think you might have a point about him at fullback. Couldn't seem to catch a ball against Batley from high kicks. Is quite effective at centre but we are now well covered in that department. It will be interesting to see what the new season line up is. The directors say there is to be an announcement re signings. Is the RL Express item it or are more to come?

#29 bromleybulldog

bromleybulldog
  • Coach
  • 350 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

What size squad are Rovers going to run with next year??

Four from Batley plus Roche, Nicholson, Chisholm, the Tongan bloke...

Must be some money around at POR

#30 bromleybulldog

bromleybulldog
  • Coach
  • 350 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

and forgot Cording as well....

#31 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 263 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

We require a top class fullback, IMO. someone who will "run the ball in" at the opposition. Hardman better at centre. Hepworth is not a replacement.

#32 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

We require a top class fullback, IMO. someone who will "run the ball in" at the opposition. Hardman better at centre. Hepworth is not a replacement.

True would be nice to have another classy fullback like bibby or Collins in this current squad and yes heppys a great player , but definately not at full back .

#33 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

I think that is all that's missing......it looks like a pretty formidable side being put together with a great backline, a huge set of forwards and a mixture of clever classy halfbacks who can score points...plus 2 or 3 formidable goal kickers and quality backs ups waiting in the wings.

A young Joe Lydon would kill 2 birds with one stone for us ha ha

#34 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:05 PM

So what do you reckon now. Kain and Ellis at hooker with Moore and Finn at half back. If Briggs comes back will it be him and the Tongan at centre or will Briggs play loose forwrd. There are so many permatations possible now we also have Mellors (is he stopping}, Worthington, Hepworth etc. The mind boggles at the backs and the forwards possible combinations. Taking the Batley imports into account what would your team be?

#35 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

Don't think Kain will be hooker the Batley player will be replacing Kaye at hooker with Ellis

#36 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

I know everybody says that England is on his way to Warrington but isn't he under contract until 2014. Are they leaving it to the end of the contract so we don't get a fee?

#37 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,400 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

No
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#38 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 324 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:00 PM

i got told england could have played last few games of the season but warrington asked us to not play him for extra cash giveing his shoulder more time to heal but only rumour !!!

#39 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

Don't think Kain will be hooker the Batley player will be replacing Kaye at hooker with Ellis

I too think Moore and Ellis will rotate at hooker , Kain and Finn 6/7 . Is Briggsy staying ?

#40 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:14 PM

I too think Moore and Ellis will rotate at hooker , Kain and Finn 6/7 . Is Briggsy staying ?

I was thinking more of Flanaghan and Ellis. Think Moore was coming in for Finn but as we know Finn didn't want to leave so we will have to see

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users